Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Train.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 216 Guests

Just Back on the Train.

This thread currently has 7,233 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
February 4, 2023, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from rancido

I've said all along that Efete was better suited to a wing-back role than an out and out right full back.

He played on the right of a back 3, Emmanuel played as wing back not him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
tarka
February 4, 2023, 6:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from barralad
After what has been quite frankly a negativity induced miserable week what better time to go to Crewe-a team we haven't beaten away since 1990.
It took precisely five minutes for the gloom to be dispelled when Lloyd (one of the bargain basement rushed signings apparently) flicked on in an almost Tayloresque manner for Mcatee to bury the chance for 1.0.
Town went in pursuit of another and after H.Clifton missed a great chance Mr Lloyd smacked an unstoppable shot into the corner for the second.  Crewe huffed and puffed but Town remained pretty much in full control-I cannot remember Crocombe having to make a save.
Second half Crewe tried to get back into it but couldn't get  past the rocks that are Maher, Waterfall and Efete.
Hurst had the luxury of substitutions to give players some "minutes" and lo and behold the young lad on loan from Norwich headed the third.
Crewe were dire but you CAN only beat what is in front of you and Town were superb.
In addition to the two new scorers Josh Emmanuel played very well (for someone allegedly not 100% fit) and Amos had probably his best game of the season.
Three more points-onward and upward.

Hi Ian, it's nice to see that you are still getting to games and giving us all a balanced viewpoint of what you see. After reading some of the drivel on here over the last few days it is good to know that the world is not about to end and that Lloyd, Emmanuel and "the young lad from Norwich" are not bad footballers. I would go further and say that  Emmanuel is a very, very good footballer and Lloyd is probably going to have a good career with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind. But then again I know nothing.- and neither does Paul Hurst...
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
DB
February 4, 2023, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from DB
Firstly a safe journey home to you and all the travelling fans. I hope you don't have problems with TPE.
I now have an attendance of 4,460 and need help with the prediction thread for the away figure. If anybody knows please include your source, for fairness to all those who predict.

657 is the number in a Crewe paper

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
bobbyturtle
February 4, 2023, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Freaking awesome, well done to all. Safe journey back utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
rancido
February 4, 2023, 6:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from tarka

Hi Ian, it's nice to see that you are still getting to games and giving us all a balanced viewpoint of what you see. After reading some of the drivel on here over the last few days it is good to know that the world is not about to end and that Lloyd, Emmanuel and "the young lad from Norwich" are not bad footballers. I would go further and say that  Emmanuel is a very, very good footballer and Lloyd is probably going to have a good career with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind. But then again I know nothing.- and neither does Paul Hurst...

Obviously PH must know something!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
MuddyWaters
February 4, 2023, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
In Maccies on the way home, great day out, we were good, very good in parts, Crewe were dreadful, highlighted by their 11 getting MoM having had ‘fking useless’ sung at him during the second half.

Our MoM Emmanuel for me.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
The Yard Dog
February 4, 2023, 6:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Just got back home (only a 10-minute drive for me) what a game. That had to be the worst Crewe performance I've ever seen against Town.

The only time they looked like a threat was at corners and even then Max didn't make a save-all game. I think his most challenging moment of the match was when he, Efete, and Waterfall were passing it around the back under a little pressure.

The back 5 were great and were completely in control at the back. Emmanuel looked great going forward and grew threw the game as he worked off the rust. Once he and Efete got used to each other they looked very secure down that side.

Midfield controlled the game, some of the one-touch passing they did was brilliant as was their off-the-ball movement. Special mention to Morris in this game as I think he'll go under the radar a bit. He was everywhere today, making tackles, linking up the play between defense and midfield, and just bullying Crewe at every chance he got.

Up front, Lloyd and McAtee looked like they'd been playing together all season, some of Lloyd's little flicks to McAtee were brilliant. He also ran and ran and ran chased everything, challenged everything and put in a Clifton level of work rate.

Subs all played well, Green took over the Morris role when he came on and did the same,[/b] Dickson-Peters chased everything he could and nabbed a goal[b], O'Neil looked a little lost in the McAtee role but worked hard and almost got a reward for his effort.

Now to reply to some of those DMs I've been getting all week leading up to this game ha ha ha ha

Did he not scored the 3rd goal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
fishcake63
February 4, 2023, 7:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Well must admit i loved that we was brilliant , lloyd emmanual looked good the back 3 looked like rocks , hunt & morris can we just play these every week , see a pass for fun , lloyd worked nuts off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
pontoonlew
February 4, 2023, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Great result and nice to be in an away end that didn’t stop from the first minute.

Lloyd is exactly what McAtee needed, he’s an improvement on all our strikers based on that. He’s what we were told we were getting, a deceptively strong lad who will run through walls, the surprising part was how good he was technically. Great work to set McAtee through who finished very well with the help of some bad goalkeeping and then a superb finish himself after McAtee returned the favour.

Emmanuel was so out of place, both from an ability and physicality perspective, he’s the player we’d hoped we’d signed.

The formation is by far our best and I’m pleased it’s been kept, we look absolutely solid and don’t lose any attacking threat which can be the worry.

Thought Hunt had a good game too and proved his worth.

Overall, a very good win against an absolutely shite Crewe side and a lot to be pleased about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Croxton
February 4, 2023, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pontoonlew
Great result and nice to be in an away end that didn’t stop from the first minute.

Lloyd is exactly what McAtee needed, he’s an improvement on all our strikers based on that. He’s what we were told we were getting, a deceptively strong lad who will run through walls, the surprising part was how good he was technically. Great work to set McAtee through who finished very well with the help of some bad goalkeeping and then a superb finish himself after McAtee returned the favour.

Emmanuel was so out of place, both from an ability and physicality perspective, he’s the player we’d hoped we’d signed.

The formation is by far our best and I’m pleased it’s been kept, we look absolutely solid and don’t lose any attacking threat which can be the worry.

Thought Hunt had a good game too and proved his worth.

Overall, a very good win against an absolutely shite Crewe side and a lot to be pleased about.

Yes, so many positives from one game, especially how well Hunt settled back in and how Emmanuel lasted the course. He was everywhere on that right side, won fouls, held the ball up and put crosses in with left or right. Also pleased that Amos got a deserved assist. Lloyd made the position his own. Taylor with skates on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Train.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.