January 7, 2023, 2:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Feel free to vote for me.

Got the bus for a 3pm kick-off today, thought it looked quiet  

In my defence picked up my ticket before it got busy  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Madeleymariner
January 7, 2023, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Great excuse to walk up to Cleethorpes front and get some fish&chips to sit on the prom with  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
chaos33
January 7, 2023, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
Yep - fish and chips, couple of pints. Lovely!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
GrimExile
January 7, 2023, 3:08pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Love it and welcome to my world. That’s the sort of thing I could easily do. Earlier in the season I booked tickets for the Swindon game at home only to find out when I got to the ground I’d bought tickets for the Carlisle game. I shouldn’t be allowed out unsupervised!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
supertown
January 7, 2023, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
😂
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
gytone
January 7, 2023, 3:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
When Town was away a few years ago, me and my dad thought we'd go to watch Scunny at home for our football fix, think they were playing Hull, can't remember but I know it was a big game. Anyway we arrived at Glanford Park only to found it very quiet, when the then Scunny manager a certain Dave Moore appeared, when we enquired as to where everyone was he told us it had been an early kick off, and the game ended ages ago, we laughed, he laughed and we came straight home. I usually keep this story very quiet. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
GrimExile
January 7, 2023, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gytone
When Town was away a few years ago, me and my dad thought we'd go to watch Scunny at home for our football fix, think they were playing Hull, can't remember but I know it was a big game. Anyway we arrived at Glanford Park only to found it very quiet, when the then Scunny manager a certain Dave Moore appeared, when we enquired as to where everyone was he told us it had been an early kick off, and the game ended ages ago, we laughed, he laughed and we came straight home. I usually keep this story very quiet. 😉

Welcome to the club!! 👏👏👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
GYinScuntland
January 7, 2023, 3:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Haha just like me and my mate on the Hamburg SBahn one Saturday, thinking it was quiet.
They'd changed it to a Sunday for the television two weeks previously and we didn't realise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Mayaman
January 7, 2023, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Great!!  I'll make a note.  Mind you I've done it before on Mariners / TV ifollow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
jaygy
January 7, 2023, 3:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Turned up to BP as a young'un with my dad around 20 years ago for a game against Birmingham IIRC without realising it had been postponed for waterlogged pitch. Was delighted when the groundsman let us walk across the pitch to the club shop to get a refund
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
grimsby pete
January 7, 2023, 3:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
A few years ago when I came up for a match with my granddaughter I said we will pick up a sports telegraph after the game.

We got our fish and chips and parked outside the paper shop.

After sitting outside shop it got to 6.30pm and I said it should have arrived by now , we had been looking for the telegraph van for an hour !!!

I then decided to go into shop and ask what time the paper arrives.

The man look at me then look at another customer as if I was mad or something.

He then said ' they stopped printing that  2. Years ago.' !!!

In my defence I said  'oh I live in Suffolk '. And quickly made my exit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
lukeo
January 7, 2023, 4:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Non football

But I booked a holiday to Ibiza with my ex... the day before we was flying we thought we'd just check our tickets etc and start to pack.. turns out I f**ked up with the dates and we was due to fly in 30mins!
Long story short and many tears later she managed to get us on a flight that left from Cardiff (instead of bristol) which left in 4 hours time - it cost me a further £150 plus paying for someone to take us as we couldn't leave the car as we'd be coming back home to Bristol airport! We had literally 20mins to pack our cases  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Nelly GTFC
January 7, 2023, 4:40pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
Turned up for work on a bank holiday Monday more than once.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 7, 2023, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,905
Gold Stars: 180
I use that one all the time with the mrs.

The amount of games this season that town have played next goal wins is remarkable

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 8, 2023, 1:14am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Working at Humberside Airport, I turned up for a shift starting at 5am, only for me to get a funny look from my work colleague.

'What the intercourse are you doing here? You've booked the week off!'

Back home and in bed for 5.30am lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
GrimExile
January 8, 2023, 1:25am
Table Wine Drinker
And I thought I was the only one. My god are there any sane GTFC supporters?!! No I thought not!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Northbank Mariner
January 8, 2023, 7:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Reminds of our 2016 play off game..rocking up to Wembley bumped into a group of Middlesbrough fans...asked why they were there, to which they replied "we've got a play off game"..they weren't best impressed when I informed them they were playing the following week!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Mayaman
January 8, 2023, 8:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
My first posting in the RAF was at High Wycombe.  I had been late a couple of times and my Sgt. (Ernie Ferris - top bloke) called me into his office.   He told me he should really charge me but that he would give me another chance.  However, I had to do an extra week of "earlies". That meant getting in about 90 mins earlier than usual to collect and distribute the signals.  I told the lads in my room that I needed an early night otherwise I could be in deep trouble.  They were stewards and worked nights, so they usually came in late.  They obviously entered quietly because I didn't stir when they arrived. I woke up to my alarm and got ready for work on that cold, dark winter morning.   I plodded wearily to the mess only to find that breakfast wasn't ready.  "Lazy buggers", i mumbled.  I trundled off to the newsagents only to find it closed and wondered if it was a 'Southern' thing opening so late. I walked to work, rang the bell at the signals department, and waited.  A bleary-eyed bloke undid the hatch, and I told I wanted the signals for my office.  "Have you drunk your bed," he replied.   Then he told me the time.  The lads in my room had put every clock in the room forward two hours, including my wrist watch, which I slept in. sodomist.  A good practical joke that soon went around the base as the signallers switched shifts and retold it in the mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Me...the next "Football Twit of the Week"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.