3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
January 6, 2023, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
It goes to show that with the right application you can come through the academy and be an established first team player. A lot of our young talent gets swallowed up by bigger clubs unfortunately because we need the money more than we need young players with future potential, so it's nice when a young player gets into the team and is able to establish themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the next McDermott and notches up record appearances for the club as he doesn't seem to want to be anywhere else.

Seen him kick on this season and he's improved in some weaker parts of his game like passing and shooting through constant effort. His levels of fitness are scary at times as he can keep running and running all game and never really looks worn out by the end of it.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Mayaman
January 7, 2023, 12:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Our Harry is a great role model for kids.  Not just in football as he's the epitome of hard work  and dedication. Well done lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
GrimExile
January 7, 2023, 1:04am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I know we don’t do half player of the season but if we did I think he’d be mine. I think he’s kicked on and really coming to fruition and beginning to fulfil his potential. I’m not sure I’ve seen a fitter player playing for the club.

I hope you mean player of the half season!! Not half player of the season!!! 🤣🤣🤣 #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
chaos33
January 7, 2023, 6:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 361
The longer he plays for us and maintains his standards, the harder it will be to keep him. He’s a rare breed - exceptionally fit, mobile, versatile, consistent, goal scoring midfielder. Top player.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
dapperz fun pub
January 7, 2023, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Great lad good player fully committed to the cause , the only sad bit is I thought he’d kick on to a better level of football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
DB
January 7, 2023, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Great lad good player fully committed to the cause , the only sad bit is I thought he’d kick on to a better level of football.

He chose us over league 1 Forest Green Rovers. What else can say, part from Grimsby through and through.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
HarrogateMariner
January 7, 2023, 10:55am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Fantastic to see a player from the academy have so much success with us. Always rated him, when you think how many different managers have considered him a first team regular it shows just how hard working he is, as well as having genuine ability. I personally think he could make the step up to league one as well, which Forest Green must also have thought.  However hope he stays with us for his entire career, probably the only player who will have a realistic chance of beating McDermotts record over the next 10 years or so!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Garth
January 7, 2023, 11:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
How much is he worth in today's market I wonder, box to box midfielder, gets among the goals and assists, can play any position and is as fit as a butchers dog, very rarely injured and has an enormous appetite for the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
TheRealJohnLewis
January 7, 2023, 12:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I can see him leaving at some point, he has the potential to go on and play in the Championship. He's getting better each season and is probably our most valuable/sellable asset. Unless we establish ourselves in the Championship, then he would have no reason to leave.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
rancido
January 7, 2023, 2:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
Fantastic to see a player from the academy have so much success with us. Always rated him, when you think how many different managers have considered him a first team regular it shows just how hard working he is, as well as having genuine ability. I personally think he could make the step up to league one as well, which Forest Green must also have thought.  However hope he stays with us for his entire career, probably the only player who will have a realistic chance of beating McDermotts record over the next 10 years or so!

The amazing thing about John McDermot (  if my memory serves me correctly) was that when he was about 19(?) the then town manager wanted to release him for some reason. I seem to think it was because he had joined our Youth set up quite late in age and felt he hadn't had a proper basis. Like I said, I could be wrong but I'm sure someone could verify or discount this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good to read .Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.