aldi_01
January 1, 2023, 12:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from chaos33

No. He hasn’t.  Or even anything balanced, even handed, convincingly argued….And he’s not the only one. Half a dozen perpetual negative, boring, overreacting, entitled moaners.

We should be positive and encouraging and supportive, but constructively critical, set high standards and be realistic but ambitious. Let’s get behind the club for 2023.

Same people that moaned about the previous regime, then used to justify the ridiculous decisions with ‘at least we have a club’. Then, when folk did challenge it protest they didn’t join in.

Moaning is just entrenched in some folk…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 104
Son of Cod
January 1, 2023, 12:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Charlie Austin should be a good signing for Swindon but he's unlikely to have gone anywhere else at this level.

Nichols has moved from Crawley to Gillingham in the neighbouring county.

Matt Derbyshire has spent the last 6 years playing in India, Cyprus and Australia so I'm not convinced it's going to be the successful signing for Bradford that people think.

Stockport signed that striker from Millwall who smashed it for Sutton in the Conference too, Sutton brought someone in and Barrow have just signed Elliot Newby so that's six teams in the division all bringing strikers in before the first match of the window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 104
aldi_01
January 1, 2023, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Son of Cod

Stockport signed that striker from Millwall who smashed it for Sutton in the Conference too, Sutton brought someone in and Barrow have just signed Elliot Newby so that's six teams in the division all bringing strikers in before the first match of the window.

One could argue that if a side is happy to let a striker go, a position that we’ve been told by many a folk in the game, is a premium position then you could argue that perhaps they’re not very good?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 104
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2023, 12:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Son of Cod

I need to tell you something, despite what we sing in the song we’re not “the mighty Grimsby” we haven’t been for 2 decades and though we punched above our weight for a good while I’m not sure we’ve truly been mighty, but we have been good.

Some of our competitors are better placed geographically & financially to attract players than we are even though they may not have our or any real history.

Not nice to accept but it’s the reality of the situation I’m afraid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 104
DB
January 1, 2023, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from realist
Unfortunately Hurst is an incompetent buffoon. It's time he was sacked, we are going nowhere with him.

Oddly enough Dave Moore in his interview said the opposite. He must know something you don't.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 104
Chrisblor
January 1, 2023, 12:55pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
Hurst was asked in a recent Radio Humberside interview about having any signings lined up and he said that supporters would be disappointed if they were expecting anyone to come in as soon as the window opened. Considering it's been obvious for so long that we need a striker i'm a bit annoyed we haven't managed to use our 'competitive' budget to line anyone up over the past few months for a Jan 1st signing like some of our rivals have been able to.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 104
nightrider
January 1, 2023, 1:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Judging by all the negative comments and high expectations, regardless of today's result, we should be in for a bumper FA Cup crowd to help pay for all these million pound signings - at least 6000+,
Looking forward to it

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 104
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2023, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

One could argue that if a side is happy to let a striker go, a position that we’ve been told by many a folk in the game, is a premium position then you could argue that perhaps they’re not very good?

Those incomings that are unattached are also unattached for a reason.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 104
scrumble
January 1, 2023, 1:05pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Have a day off FFS.

TBF they waited a whole 17 minutes in to the new year

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 104
Simon
January 1, 2023, 1:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yup always late to the party, Notts C, Wrexham and Solihull Moors all late arrivals, but clearly you had the same opinion of the manager then too.

Not sure what people expect really? Where a small club located in a remote sh1t hole of a place, we pay ok but not the best but of course the likes of you will be expecting AP & JS to pay for a top class striker out of their current accounts while you head for your seat at 2:59 and then back to the bar after 40 minutes.

Let's not kid ourselves about last season, we were average at best finishing 6th but somehow we pulled off the impossible and got promoted via the playoffs, an amazing achievement but those three games were last season and to date we have not come anywhere near that level of performance

Now on to this season, at the start we had on paper a very strong squad & for the first time in a long time strength in depth. I along with many others (6000) were very optimistic for the season ahead but we soon found out that life in L2 wasn't going to be as easy as we thought, worryingly with the squad available i think Hurst couldn't work out the best system/lineup and we still look out of sorts, lets hope today we all get behind the team and they respond on the pitch with a win but we never do well in front of a full house so it could be a long afternoon

Where a small club located in a remote sh1t hole of a place, we pay ok but not the best but of course the likes of you will be expecting AP & JS to pay for a top class striker out of their current accounts while you head for your seat at 2:59 and then back to the bar after 40 minutes This bit has annoyed me as you know nothing about me, i have supported Town since the mid 70's, a season ticket holder, sponsor, shareholder do i need to go on? I don't expect JS & AP to bankroll anything, far from it and i love the way they are turning the club round, what i am frustrated with is PH and his style of football

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 104
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When will the first be signed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.