pontoonlew
December 26, 2022, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
To the car.

Entertaining enough game in all honesty but we’ve lobbed away yet more points through our point blank refusal to make changes.

Individual errors for each goal but we didn’t really deserve to lose that and shouldn’t have. The winner came through a slice of tough luck and 3 attempts from shattered players to clear their lines.

Incredibly frustrating
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
December 26, 2022, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
As you say errors for all 3 goals. Gifting a excrement team 3 points and not for the first time this season.

Khan & Mcatee were ineffective were near enough all that 2nd half yet stayed on the pitch, no idea why we didnt use our bench. Question needs asking by Tondeur but im sure he’ll duck out of it.

Just so effing frustrating, i was drunk off enough at only getting a point, to get 0 is unacceptable

Get smith back in the heart of defence  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 100
sydney
December 26, 2022, 5:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Very Very Frustrating (Yet Again)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 100
louth_in_the_south
December 26, 2022, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Should’ve won that . No excuses. Easily the better team apart from 3 moments that cost goals . Tbh I’d have smith in alongside Maher now . LW is a leader but think we need more than that now .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 100
moosey_club
December 26, 2022, 5:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Very slow start...got the upper hand after maybe 20 mins, all over them for rest of first half then fast start grab the goal and then while we have the momentum and they are struggling to score............sit back and let them build confidence, possession and yards and  handed them momentum.
Fking awful after we went 2-1 up in our approach. 81 mins before we make a sub.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 100
golfer
December 26, 2022, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Should’ve won that . No excuses. Easily the better team apart from 3 moments that cost goals . Tbh I’d have smith in alongside Maher now . LW is a leader but think we need more than that now .

I'm afraid I don't agree about Maher - I think Smith should replace him.. Look again at the goals we have conceded with him in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 100
Bigdog
December 26, 2022, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Think we lack pace around the team, left back, maybe Glennon returning we improve, centre half, Smith is the answer, possibly for Waterfall, centre mid, more athleticism, possibly for Holohan, and the threat of pace up front, and Taylor isn't the answer..

A change of personnel in two or three starting positions will help massively. We've got a mid-table squad base, but need additional pace and power. We've got a squad full of footballers but that's only going to take us so far. We have zero threat of pace apart from maybe from right back and that's not nearly enough and even though we've got a team of footballers, they're not quite good enough to take a firm grip on games like the one today or at Hartlepool, Barrow, Wimbledon etc..

And.. we're still guilty of ball watching in our own box..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 100
DB
December 26, 2022, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
When the bus arrived at Harrogate too many players got off thinking all they had to do was turn up! One or two had a reasonable game and the rest failed to put in a shift. If one has an off day so beit but when half the team fail to play to their potential then you're in trouble and it showed.

When some of them get on the bus to come home I hope they look back and say to themselves 'I could have done better'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 100
Rodley Mariner
December 26, 2022, 5:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I thought we were the better team for most of it which is why losing was so frustrating. Should have killed it at 2-1, didn't and paid the price for individual mistakes. Said with 5 minutes left that it had all the hallmarks of three subs waiting to come on in the 90th minute when we fell behind but wasn't even time for that.

Think we'll finish between 10th and 18th dependent on January. Not good enough for the play offs but don't have any concerns about getting dragged in at the bottom end either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 100
easypeersy
December 26, 2022, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
So frustrating!
Usual tactics deep defending a lead.
No effective substitutes made earlier in the second half.
No striker all season creating a patch up and make do team.
Costly mistakes made by defenders leading up to all three goals. They need to talk to each other!
Sloppy match.
Looks like we take one step forwards and two steps backwards these days.
Sick of hearing about improvements made at the club. We would all prefer many more home wins than posh hot dogs and burgers!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 100
11 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.