Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 13, 2022, 4:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from lukeo
…the phone call lasted 45 seconds  by the end of it she called me darling 3 times, said thank you  and the tickets had come through.
Very efficient.

Are you 100% sure that was the club shop?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
GYinScuntland
December 13, 2022, 5:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Croxton

You are not a Luddite. If I lived in Grimsby, I would do the same. The club, however, is like a stubborn mill owner in Halifax refusing to convert from water power to steam and continuing to send his goods by canal instead of by those damned new fangled trains.

If we exiles were to elect a great leader with the combined intellect of Ska Face, Chaos and Poojah who could galvanise our throng to flash mob the Ticket office with  2000 baying Londoners, Mancunians, and our Yorkshire contingent, then we might have an impact. As it is, we are a loose diaspora of lonely nail biting keyboard warriors , more concerned with correcting each other's spelling.

Cracking post apart from the incorrect usage of commas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
lukeo
December 13, 2022, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149

Are you 100% sure that was the club shop?

Come on give me some credit, I last atleast 55 seconds at my age!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
gobby
December 13, 2022, 6:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from lukeo
I won't make a new thread but I bought Salford tickets online and didn't receive the text. Just called the club shop and the phone call lasted 45 seconds  by the end of it she called me darling 3 times, said thank you  and the tickets had come through.
Very efficient. Thank you gtfc.

Steve Wraith is always like that!  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
Croxton
December 13, 2022, 7:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Cracking post apart from the incorrect usage of commas.

Yes, reading that back made me short of breath and I wrote it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
FishOutOfWater
December 14, 2022, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from aldi_01
Could the reason we’re still using be a contractual obligation?

Either way, it’s shite. It doesn’t work and it’s frustrating, one assumes it doesn’t require manual turning on so to speak so there’s also clearly a failing with the technology.

I’d argue that probably only 3 games will see this sort of surge and demand this season but either way, it needs rectifying.

I’m not sure where I sit regarding a ballot but I guess for the odd game like this it could be something that’s to be deployed.

If we have a contract then surely Venuetoolbox must be in breach because their system is barely fit for purpose when everyone piles on to make a booking at a specific time

Can you imagine if by chance we do get through the next round of the cup and then draw one of the big guns and the system discriminates unfairly once again.... it needs sorting out asap
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 86
diehardmariner
December 14, 2022, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I expect the new lot to have decent KPIs to hold suppliers to account and a "termination for convenience" clause which would allow us to get out of a long-term contract if it wasn't working out.

As this was purchased by the old lot, who knows what the contractual situation is...

This isn't me going in on 1878, or anyone for that matter.  Mistakes happen, it's what we learn from them that counts and how we make sure they don't happen again.

But I think we're at the point now that we can no longer blame the Fenty era for present failings when we've had 18 months of 1878 in the building.  

If your suggestion is right and a contract was previously signed that gives us no wriggle room then I'd have expected that to be challenged.  Happy to be corrected but I think Pettit in particular is incredibly well positioned to challenge legal contracts, I seem to recall he was happy to liaise with the National League on their contract with BT Sport (although his offer was never accepted).
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate ticket link

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.