March 9, 2023, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

Why?

Because 1878 Partners Ltd owns over 50% of the shares in The Grimsby Town Football Club Ltd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 259
Mappers
March 9, 2023, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,409
Gold Stars: 119
Did those Cod Almighty ' Fenty years 'articles ever get completed ?I always looked for the final one but it never appeared .They were a cracking read those .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 259
ginnywings
March 9, 2023, 10:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Because 1878 Partners Ltd owns over 50% of the shares in The Grimsby Town Football Club Ltd.

And?

What's your beef, apart from tardy calendars, empty advertising boards and capacity issues at the ground?

You seem to have problems with the owners and the way they do things, which I find very odd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 259
jamesgtfc
March 9, 2023, 11:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

And?

What's your beef, apart from tardy calendars, empty advertising boards and capacity issues at the ground?

You seem to have problems with the owners and the way they do things, which I find very odd.

As I said earlier, I think they are doing a great job and alluded to possible reasons:

Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's not to do with that and I think 1878 are doing a great job but I'm with Herve that overdue accounts (coinciding with an amended year end) is something to keep an eye on.

The reason is probably administrative or the accountants not doing what they should be, but it is a red flag. Thankfully there aren't many more red flags and the club accounts raised no issues, but I would like to know why the company owning OUR club can't file accounts on time.

Commercially, we were pants: the stories from commercial customers of the club were concerning but that issue was addressed and admitted by the club so we move on.

In the main, I think we are doing great but I wish the club would accept the capacity is an issue and that our ticketing system is poor.

You think 1878 Partners Ltd not filing accounts is fine and I expect better from a company that owns most of our club because it is a criminal offence under Section 451 of The Companies Act 2006 to not file your accounts in a timely manner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 259
White_shorts
March 17, 2023, 5:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from nightrider
Always been the same. If we were a mid table Championship side, people would still be moaning. We'd be getting 5.5k gates and whinging about not having a crack at the Premiership. See the 90s

We'd be getting 5.5k gates because the facilities are so poor.  Most people don't like to sit in the Main Stand because of the restricted views.

Councillor Jackson was on Radio Humberside this morning.  He again said words to the effect that the owners have no interest in Freeman Street.

Maybe the club would get permission to redevelop Blundell Park, but I think 10k is an inadequate capacity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 259
lew chaterleys lover
March 17, 2023, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from White_shorts

We'd be getting 5.5k gates because the facilities are so poor.  Most people don't like to sit in the Main Stand because of the restricted views.

Councillor Jackson was on Radio Humberside this morning.  He again said words to the effect that the owners have no interest in Freeman Street.

Maybe the club would get permission to redevelop Blundell Park, but I think 10k is an inadequate capacity.

Yes Freeman street has been taken off the table if it was ever on it. Clever architects would do a lot with the current stadium site to have a larger capacity than 10k though, given it is 9k or thereabouts already.

Many years down the line who knows what might happen, but in our time frame improving BP seems the best bet.
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 259
Simon
March 17, 2023, 6:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You think 1878 Partners Ltd not filing accounts is fine and I expect better from a company that owns most of our club because it is a criminal offence under Section 451 of The Companies Act 2006 to not file your accounts in a timely manner.

Get away from your small one man band ltd companies and late filing of accounts is not uncommon and certainly nothing to worry about, fines are not worth stressing over either £150 for the first month, £375 second month, £750 up to six months and £1500 after that

Jason & Andrew are not fools when it comes to business matters, i suggest as fans we leave the running of the club to them and stop worrying about the accounts

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 259
Simon
March 17, 2023, 6:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
As for Freeman Street what a shite place for a football stadium, again Jason & Andrew for the time being are committed to improving BP while at the same time looking at upgrading the training facilities, i'm not a fan of BP it's no longer fit for purpose but i do believe that come the time that we do eventually move to a new stadium i trust the new owners to deliver something much better than anything we have seen proposed over the past 20 years

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 259
DB
March 18, 2023, 12:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Simon
As for Freeman Street what a shite place for a football stadium, again Jason & Andrew for the time being are committed to improving BP while at the same time looking at upgrading the training facilities, i'm not a fan of BP it's no longer fit for purpose but i do believe that come the time that we do eventually move to a new stadium i trust the new owners to deliver something much better than anything we have seen proposed over the past 20 years

I think you have made a good point here. The previous regime was very good at rhetoric, but not one spade was used. It tells it all really!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 259
aldi_01
March 18, 2023, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

As I said earlier, I think they are doing a great job and alluded to possible reasons:

Commercially, we were pants: the stories from commercial customers of the club were concerning but that issue was addressed and admitted by the club so we move on.

In the main, I think we are doing great but I wish the club would accept the capacity is an issue and that our ticketing system is poor.

All those advertising boards are full now, certainly the ones across the top of the stands…makes you think there was probably an issue with having them rather than the club not attracting sponsors so that’s another whine sorted.

As for late accounts, as someone else has already pointed out, it’s literally not an issue. Hundreds of companies do it, and Pettit literally explained the reason why. It’s a moot point.

They’ve also addressed the issue with the ticketing system, indirectly perhaps but they have and to be fair, the one game we did expect trouble with it, I never heard a murmer. The people I’ve heard moan they didn’t get a Brighton ticket didn’t get one because they tried to buy one too late, nothing to do with the system. Not saying it needs changing but still…

I do have one criticism though; they’re late getting the FA Cup final shirts ordered…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 259
26 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are 1878 Any Good

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.