Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are 1878 Any Good
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 71 Guests

Are 1878 Any Good

This thread currently has 27,356 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Captaincod
February 2, 2023, 10:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +251
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MuddyWaters

One of several Partridge moments. The vomit coloured leather jacket was my favourite.

For an Alan Partridge moment nothing beats the Fenty tour of Blundell Park.

Totally cringeworthy , I still can’t believe his sycophantic lap dogs let him put it out . It’s still on YouTube, I  would post a link but don’t know how, if anyone doubts what an improvement the new owners are just look it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 259
dapperz fun pub
February 2, 2023, 10:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Captaincod

For an Alan Partridge moment nothing beats the Fenty tour of Blundell Park.

Totally cringeworthy , I still can’t believe his sycophantic lap dogs let him put it out . It’s still on YouTube, I  would post a link but don’t know how, if anyone doubts what an improvement the new owners are just look it up.

I’d like to see this again pure comedy gold

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 259
Captaincod
February 2, 2023, 10:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 259
Captaincod
February 2, 2023, 11:08pm
Shandy Drinker
I like the photo copied picture of Bill Shankly obviously sellotaped to the boot room wall before filming and the sink for the lady refs remark!
Also a bit too “hands on” with the ladies in the ticket office!
1878 have made mistakes , but could you ever imagine JS involving himself in something like this ?
It is funny but also tragic , so many people failed to tell Emporer John that
he was wearing no clothes .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 259
Captaincod
February 2, 2023, 11:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

One of several Partridge moments. The vomit coloured leather jacket was my favourite.

The snooker table interview, the turtle neck jumper, the flag deconstruction incident, the infamous fans forum . The list is endless .
Only time will tell if 1878 are any good or not , but surely they couldn’t be worse than our previous non chairman/ principal funder?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 259
chrissy
February 2, 2023, 11:44pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Compared to the last owner they are a thousand % better.

So I am happy they are here.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 259
rancido
February 3, 2023, 12:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,665
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from pen penfras

The way it was done was obviously going to be unpopular and was a politician's move in that the £200k was donated to the club by reducing the loans by that amount. If he had put money in, there'd have been another 200k of loans to repay.

It's not all that dissimilar to some of the statements coming out now which imply a lot of money has been put in but no mention of where it's going. Feels like the money spent on buying the club is being advertised as investments. I guess we need to wait another year until the accounts come out to know the answer to that

I was under the impression that the shares were gifted to JF and not the club. Did he give the new owners the shares or did he sell them to them?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 259
jamesgtfc
February 3, 2023, 12:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,084
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from rancido

I was under the impression that the shares were gifted to JF and not the club. Did he give the new owners the shares or did he sell them to them?

Every share was worth £1, he got 200,000 of them when he blackmailed Trust members and received £1 for every share in his possession when he sold the club, thus making £200,000 of pure profit on the sale of his shares.

Not bad for 20 years of decline is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 259
forza ivano
February 3, 2023, 6:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,299
Gold Stars: 266
like to comment further pen???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 259
aldi_01
February 3, 2023, 7:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
He stole them. Simple as that, but then did we expect anything less?

I only included things which linked to cash in my list, naturally I have an endless list of embarrassing, Partridge, egomaniacal and down right flipping gross things but as the discussion was about funds and money I kept it to those…

I remember the sink video well; a slot on socceram, some National coverage in what was a dreadful point in our history, even then but alas, even socceram were cringing, and it was still in the time of the soccerette and monkey tennis, coming out of FHM and Loaded, the Nuts and Zoo era and yet, he still managed to make it creepy and cringey…

There were many moments like this, in fact the last time I listed them I reckon it took me a good half hour to write the post.

The terrifying issue was the sycophancy and the cult like supper he received from those who seemingly benefitted from him…I had the misfortune of being in a pub one particular Saturday. We’d be excrement as was usually the case and some fans were discussing the state of the club, being relatively calm about it really but one of his brothers was in, naturally got himself embroiled in the discussion.

I thought it was out of brotherly love, perhaps he felt it necessary to defend his ‘pilloried’ brother but alas, I was wrong. It simply to chant the same mantra of honest John, a mantra that quickly had its holes picked and, as expected the conversation turned to ‘I don’t see anyone else queuing up’ and ‘nobody else could do it’…then comments about his wealth and god knows what..:

All very bizarre given his brother was claiming to supper the club yet was blind and ignorant to the concerns and woes of supporters who have no doubt been going longer and significantly more times than honest John…

These are all discussion points resized whilst he was owner of our beloved club, it extends beyond that but in this context it’s irrelevant….

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 259
26 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are 1878 Any Good

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.