Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Official January Transfer Window Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 135 Guests

Official January Transfer Window Thread

This thread currently has 493,506 views. Print
341 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
quebec38
December 4, 2022, 9:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Looking through the squad I think most of us would be really happy with the situation with the goalkeepers, defence and central midfield.

Max and Pardington

Efete / Cropper
Glennon / Amos
Maher / Waterfall / Smith

Green / Holohan / Morris / Clifton / Hunt* / Khouri

After this we start to get very thin and it’s glaringly obvious where we need to be looking.

Wingers - Khan. Include Clifton again here.

Centre forwards - McAtee and Taylor.

Kiernan’s loan is up.

I think it would be fair to say Orsi and JMD are not in Hurst’s plans. Pepple, Richardson and Simmonds make up the numbers but they haven’t really proved much.

The Orsi situation seems odd to me, I can only guess he hasn’t impressed in training. He rarely gets on to the pitch to show why he shouldn’t get more chances.

Hunt is another odd one. I was quite vocal about not being bothered whether he came back at the time. I think he’s a good player but I thought it was a move for a position we didn’t need. He had a run of three games in September where he completed 90 mins but we managed a single point. Since then we’ve barely seen him. I wouldn’t want him to and don’t think he will leave this window but it seems he’s got one foot in the JMD club atm.

On the plus side, we have got together 75% of a decent League Two squad in 6 months. We are desperate for two good players in the wing and centre forward positions though aren’t we (not earth shattering news, I know).
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 3406
Nelly GTFC
December 4, 2022, 1:52pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
Scott Pollock, attacking midfielder, aged 21 at Boston United - 13 goals in 19 appearances inc hat-trick on Saturday, 15 goals in 23 appearances in all competitions.

Maybe too much of a jump huh?

As for National League - top scorers, could do with a striker who scores regular in League Two - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league/top-scorers

Top 25 scorers in League Two, not a Grimsby player in sight.... McAtee flying the nest....time to sign a striker?  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

"We aint got no facking money! Look, we doing the best we can, if ya don't like it, don't fackin come!"

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 3406
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 4, 2022, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
As well as improving our striking options I feel we need to be introducing more creativity in our midfield and get a wide player who can also add goals and some more physicality up front.

Surprised to see one poster yesterday suggesting we need a new left back as I feel the defence is one area that is pretty decent although if Bennett suddenly changed his mind I would be happy to have him on board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 3406
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
As well as improving our striking options I feel we need to be introducing more creativity in our midfield and get a wide player who can also add goals and some more physicality up front.

Surprised to see one poster yesterday suggesting we need a new left back as I feel the defence is one area that is pretty decent although if Bennett suddenly changed his mind I would be happy to have him on board.

We’ve got a creative midfielder (Hunt) who we paid money for (unusual) who doesn’t even get on as sub.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 3406
Hagrid
December 4, 2022, 3:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We’ve got a creative midfielder (Hunt) who we paid money for (unusual) who doesn’t even get on as sub.

Whats he created when he’s played? When he has started, i think he’s been dissapointing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 3406
DB
December 4, 2022, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Hagrid

Whats he created when he’s played? When he has started, i think he’s been dissapointing

I agree with you, he's certainly not the same as when he came on loan last year.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 3406
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I didn’t suggest he had. Hurst made a point of saying he had chased his signature, we gave him a three year deal and he’s been warming the bench for the last month. Odd.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 3406
Chrisblor
December 4, 2022, 3:37pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,938
Gold Stars: 238
Most of Hunt's success came from linking up with McAtee last season and he's not played a single minute with him yet this season. Get the two of them on the pitch together and they might both start producing?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 3406
Croxton
December 4, 2022, 5:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor
Most of Hunt's success came from linking up with McAtee last season and he's not played a single minute with him yet this season. Get the two of them on the pitch together and they might both start producing?

Watched him play about 12 minutes for Wednesday against Rayo Vallecano in pre season. Passes being pinged around and players moving into 'pockets'. ' He stitches moves together when the ball is on the deck and strikes the ball well. Problem is, our midfield is a game of head tennis and a physical battle much of the time.

I am still surprised that he has had so little chance since Morris lost form and confidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 3406
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2022, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Croxton

Watched him play about 12 minutes for Wednesday against Rayo Vallecano in pre season. Passes being pinged around and players moving into 'pockets'. ' He stitches moves together when the ball is on the deck and strikes the ball well. Problem is, our midfield is a game of head tennis and a physical battle much of the time.

I am still surprised that he has had so little chance since Morris lost form and confidence.

I’m a big fan of Hunt but I’m now thinking that we haven’t got the players with the movement to make the most of his passing. I often say it but our off the ball movement is woeful and is possibly the reason we now seem to be picking more attritional midfielders.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 3406
341 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Official January Transfer Window Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.