Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Official January Transfer Window Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 51 Guests

Official January Transfer Window Thread

This thread currently has 494,198 views. Print
341 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mendonca1995
January 4, 2023, 8:55am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from ska face

Consult the standings. Surrey97 only person on here who knows what he’s on about, just about everyone else talks shïte

Hey come on I gave you the Kiernan signing 😉

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 3406
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 4, 2023, 9:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,783
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mikey_345
JT was saying he thought Pearsons loan was being extended. If that’s the case I’d think we’d be in the market for another centre half. 3 senior centre backs isn’t enough to head into half a season with. Especially with, despite a good performance against stockport, all of them having a few question marks against them recently.

You’re also only one red card or injury away from having no cover.

Pretty sure once the first month is out the way a loanee can be recalled at anytime which reduces the need to sign an additional centre back. There also comes a time when youngsters like Goundry have to be given a chance otherwise why keep them on the books? We all want the local lads to get a chance and I think if a fifth choice back up is required it should be the young lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 3406
Mikey_345
January 4, 2023, 10:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,617
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Pretty sure once the first month is out the way a loanee can be recalled at anytime which reduces the need to sign an additional centre back. There also comes a time when youngsters like Goundry have to be given a chance otherwise why keep them on the books? We all want the local lads to get a chance and I think if a fifth choice back up is required it should be the young lad.

I was always of the opinion you could only call a long term loan (half a season) back within a transfer window? I might be wrong though and I suppose it depends how long Pearsons loan is extended.

As for Jaz, I’d rather see him get some football out on loan to develop some more than sit here on the off chance of an injury crisis.

I suppose though it depends who’s available. PH won’t just bring players in for the sake of it - if there’s no one that he thinks can add to the squad long term and it would just be for cover, then we should probably keep Pearson here instead?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 3406
Mariner_09
January 4, 2023, 10:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mikey_345

I was always of the opinion you could only call a long term loan (half a season) back within a transfer window? I might be wrong though and I suppose it depends how long Pearsons loan is extended.

As for Jaz, I’d rather see him get some football out on loan to develop some more than sit here on the off chance of an injury crisis.

I suppose though it depends who’s available. PH won’t just bring players in for the sake of it - if there’s no one that he thinks can add to the squad long term and it would just be for cover, then we should probably keep Pearson here instead?

Hursty said in the summer that before we'd brought Smith back that there was another player he was very close to getting another CB in, wonder if we may go back in for whoever that was.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 3406
Poojah
January 4, 2023, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,028
Gold Stars: 1,535
As much as I like Shaun Pearson and think he’s been a fantastic ambassador for the club, he’s currently playing for a side 19th in the National League North and has played less than 10 minutes of league football since May 2017, some 5 and a half years ago.

As harsh as I felt his release was at the time (particularly given the fact he was replaced by Nathan Clarke), I think there’s enough evidence to suggest that he’s no longer up to the rigours of EFL football.

As such, I think we probably are a centre half light and would think that will be rectified this month. Assuming the Ryan Bennett ship has sailed, I would imagine the intention would be to bring someone in permanently given that Smith is unlikely to be with us beyond this season.

I imagine the transfer wish list comprises something like a full-back, centre half and a couple of forwards (with Simmonds likely to go back to Birmingham). We also have an abundance of centre mids, but given we signed Burgess, Callum Jones, Joey Jones and Holohan after Christmas last year it still would not surprise me if Hurst looked to strengthen in that area too.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 3406
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 4, 2023, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,063
Gold Stars: 193
It’s gonna be interesting to see where Connor wickham ends up after not going further than his 6 month contract at the veggies. Maybe it was down to his attitude, didn’t put a lot of graft in but, when you score 9 in 20 games you have to wonder.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 3406
Poojah
January 4, 2023, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,028
Gold Stars: 1,535
Multiple League Two clubs interested in Bolton’s Amadou Bakayoko, who Ian Evatt says will be allowed to leave once the club’s valuation is met. 27, 6ft 4” and scored 13 in League One in last season.

Certainly fits the bill; would he be within our financial grasp? I’d like to think this is the calibre of player we are looking at.

https://youtu.be/V1w3WcwHOZ0

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 3406
Rodley Mariner
January 4, 2023, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It’s gonna be interesting to see where Connor wickham ends up after not going further than his 6 month contract at the veggies. Maybe it was down to his attitude, didn’t put a lot of graft in but, when you score 9 in 20 games you have to wonder.

I think he's probably left them to go higher hasn't he rather than them releasing him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 3406
Mariner_09
January 4, 2023, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Poojah
Multiple League Two clubs interested in Bolton’s Amadou Bakayoko, who Ian Evatt says will be allowed to leave once the club’s valuation is met. 27, 6ft 4” and scored 13 in League One in last season.

Certainly fits the bill; would he be within our financial grasp? I’d like to think this is the calibre of player we are looking at.

https://youtu.be/V1w3WcwHOZ0

No doubt he'll get snaffled up by one of the many North West clubs at this level. Calibre we're looking for but probably struggle to attract.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 3406
Youngy
January 4, 2023, 11:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09

No doubt he'll get snaffled up by one of the many North West clubs at this level. Calibre we're looking for but probably struggle to attract.

Salford bound according to reports
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 3406
341 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Official January Transfer Window Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.