pen penfras
November 20, 2022, 9:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I kind of a agree on the hesitancy argument, but I don't think there is more than one town player in the box half the time. Maybe he's instructured by PH not to cross in those circumstances, as we could then get caught on the counter?

To say he never gets any crosses in is simply not true, he usually puts in a couple of quality crosses in every game, but usually no one is on the end of it.

Yep, our style is completely unsuited to putting crosses in. He put an absolutely lovely, early ball across yesterday and the only player in the box was Khan against 3 defenders. The cutting back is infuriating, but we never have numbers in the box
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 97
Madeleymariner
November 20, 2022, 9:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Interesting but am I the only one who thought Morris had a shocking game can't remember him winning a tackle or completing a pass Overall thought we were better than them and should have won with a bit more luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 97
Maringer
November 20, 2022, 9:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
I couldn't go yesterday as I was poorly, but, though I've never been the biggest fan of Efete (I didn't think we'd re-sign him in the summer), I can't think of too many occasions where he has cost us goals through errors.

Doesn't look like a 'natural' full-back to me and I think it probably is a confidence thing for him about going forward. If you think back to his cross for our 5th against Plymouth, that shows what he is capable of. He just attempts it so very rarely. I think it's safe to say that, at this stage of his career, there is unlikely to be some sort of a Damascene moment where he suddenly realises what he could be capable of if he showed more confidence pushing forward.

He's our first choice as it stands and will be so for some time with Cropper out so let's firstly hope he stays fit and has more of his good attacking moments than we've seen so far this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 97
cannylad65
November 20, 2022, 9:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
If we are to persevere with 5 at the back, I think Clifton would be a better alternative for right wing back.

I do think that Efete is getting far too much criticism.

My other point is that I think we have too many midfielders in the squad, and Paul Hurst seems to be trying to fit them all in.

I can have an opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 97
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2022, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from cannylad65
If we are to persevere with 5 at the back, I think Clifton would be a better alternative for right wing back.

I do think that Efete is getting far too much criticism.

My other point is that I think we have too many midfielders in the squad, and Paul Hurst seems to be trying to fit them all in.

I can have an opinion.

Totally agree with Harry for right wing back. PH seems to have a short memory as he was MoM at Salford in that role. He seemed more out of position on the right of a front 3 yesterday.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 97
chipsandgravy
November 20, 2022, 10:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Interesting but am I the only one who thought Morris had a shocking game can't remember him winning a tackle or completing a pass Overall thought we were better than them and should have won with a bit more luck.

No you wasn't. With all the ridiculous comments on Efete (thought he was decent yesterday) it seems that Morris's general poor performance went under the radar. Quite like him as a player but he never really got going with any consistency.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 97
toontown
November 20, 2022, 10:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I think Harry is easily our best right wing back, far better at crossing and taking players on than efete, so better at offering width, with even more pace and stamina.

With efete a wing back system has to be a 343 system like yesterday as he offers no attacking width with the ball at all. So Harry or another has to be wide in front of him to do that and work with him. With a 352 system with Harry at rwb then mcatee could have a partner up front
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 97
Hagrid
November 20, 2022, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from toontown
I think Harry is easily our best right wing back, far better at crossing and taking players on than efete, so better at offering width, with even more pace and stamina.

With efete a wing back system has to be a 343 system like yesterday as he offers no attacking width with the ball at all. So Harry or another has to be wide in front of him to do that and work with him. With a 352 system with Harry at rwb then mcatee could have a partner up front

I dont agree in any sense that Harry is quicker or better at crossing than Michee. I went to salford and Harry was excellent at RWB but i think putting him there takes him away from his best position when we have 2 perfectly capable right backs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 97
toontown
November 20, 2022, 10:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid

I dont agree in any sense that Harry is quicker or better at crossing than Michee. I went to salford and Harry was excellent at RWB but i think putting him there takes him away from his best position when we have 2 perfectly capable right backs

He is far quicker WITH the ball than efete (an important distinction when trying to offer attacking width with the ball). And he is prepared to cross the ball even when  a player is in front of him, efete isn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 97
Hagrid
November 20, 2022, 10:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from toontown

He is far quicker WITH the ball than efete (an important distinction when trying to offer attacking width with the ball). And he is prepared to cross the ball even when  a player is in front of him, efete isn't.

Efete did it yesterday with a lovely ball into the box. We only had Khan in there. He isnt going to cross the ball when we have intercourse all in there.

Not a chance harry is quicker with the ball either
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.