November 19, 2022, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Quoted from Hagrid

We dont need a new right back, nothing wrong with Efete at all

You know what. I’d agree usually but, last few games he hasn’t been up there with his usual good games.

Is there competition for RB?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
TAGG
November 19, 2022, 6:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MaccasBoots
Efete is one of our best players - I wish the boo boys would bore off and find something more productive to do with their time

He has been nowhere near what he was last season.
He's been found out this season.
He needs to be dropped and Cropper in.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
Ashby mariner
November 19, 2022, 6:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from TAGG

He has been nowhere near what he was last season.
He's been found out this season.
He needs to be dropped and Cropper in.

May have to wait for your wish has Cropper is out until Xmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
Phil the cod
November 19, 2022, 6:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
It's plain to see as we all know, we need a forward.
Money's there apparently.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
Bigdog
November 19, 2022, 6:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The amount of excrement-housery/time-wasting from Stevenage was amazing. The referee was obviously watching a game on the beach. A new right back/wing back is needed. We’ve missed McAtee (though not for his penalties.

The atmosphere second half sounded great on tv and am still amazed and proud of how many fans we are getting each week. I hope the lad with the head injury is ok.

A point is the least we deserved and after a woeful first 20 mins I thought we played well

This is getting a bit insane now. Firstly, he was our best wing back today. Secondly, I would say there were only a couple of better outfield performances than him today. Thirdly, he was easily the most combative and mobile performer, I doubt anyone covered more ground than him. And fourthly, he whipped over a couple of cracking crosses second half today which is more than the whole team did from open play. And finally, loved his commitment late in the game where he got booted in the head and got straight up and smashed their left hand sided player to pieces with a beast of a tackle..

Woz, how the fook after today's game have you singled Efete out? Fooking disturbing witch hunt this is..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
Teestogreen
November 19, 2022, 6:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
From my arriving back from Scotland - in the big scheme of things - a late point against 2nd placed Stevenage (unlikely as it seems) is a welcome one - particularly as Town were capable of beating the League 1 leaders 5-1.
So Town appear to be able to compete favourably against this type of opposition.
Looking forward to the team confidence rising and some wins.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
DB
November 19, 2022, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Well thanks to my son it was my 2nd home game in years, I was a bit intrepid with the weather forecast regarding the wind and temperature, which unfortunately was spot on. I enjoyed a good pint of Guinness in the trust bar and a hearty conversation with Chips44. I thought the price was good considering I paid 25% more several years ago down south, also the £4 pie was good value.

Considering Stevenage are 2nd from top I thought, on the whole, they were poor when compared to Bradford. Although we stuttered at the start we began to match and better them. They missed a sitter which was followed by McAtee's terrible penalty.

Some of the refs' decisions were that bad he'd have been banned from reffing on Bradley pitches along with his other assistants. The foul on McAtee was dire yet he let the play go on, likewise with most of the pushing from the Stevenage guys.

Given their goal was well taken it came from an unpunished (again) foul on our player in their half of the pitch. On came the cavalry and we scrambled a goal to get a draw. Why o why can't Town play for most of the match like they did in the last 10mins. We can play attacking football when Hurst takes the shackles off.

Regrettably, I don't think, even with a freebie, I'll be attending anymore before the late spring. The weather brought on too many health issues but at least I enjoyed the game and Towns' goal; more so than the 100's who left the ground when they scored. A game is 90 mins, not 79!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
Lincspoacher
November 19, 2022, 7:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15

Woz, how the fook after today's game have you singled Efete out? Fooking disturbing witch hunt this is..[/quote]

No witch hunt - an opinion from a season ticket holder who thinks he has been defensively poor all season so far and his passing, crossing from an attacking point has also been poor.

Even his 5 yard balls were too short today and caused others to have to dive in or lost possession.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2022, 7:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB
Well thanks to my son it was my 2nd home game in years, I was a bit intrepid with the weather forecast regarding the wind and temperature, which unfortunately was spot on. I enjoyed a good pint of Guinness in the trust bar and a hearty conversation with Chips44. I thought the price was good considering I paid 25% more several years ago down south, also the £4 pie was good value.

Considering Stevenage are 2nd from top I thought, on the whole, they were poor when compared to Bradford. Although we stuttered at the start we began to match and better them. They missed a sitter which was followed by McAtee's terrible penalty.

Some of the refs' decisions were that bad he'd have been banned from reffing on Bradley pitches along with his other assistants. The foul on McAtee was dire yet he let the play go on, likewise with most of the pushing from the Stevenage guys.

Given their goal was well taken it came from an unpunished (again) foul on our player in their half of the pitch. On came the cavalry and we scrambled a goal to get a draw. Why o why can't Town play for most of the match like they did in the last 10mins. We can play attacking football when Hurst takes the shackles off.

Regrettably, I don't think, even with a freebie, I'll be attending anymore before the late spring. The weather brought on too many health issues but at least I enjoyed the game and Towns' goal; more so than the 100's who left the ground when they scored. A game is 90 mins, not 79!

I’m glad you enjoyed the game and hope you’re not feeling too bad and back at BP when the weather changes.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
DB
November 19, 2022, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’m glad you enjoyed the game and hope you’re not feeling too bad and back at BP when the weather changes.

Thank You.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.