Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bit of help needed.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Bit of help needed.

This thread currently has 1,985 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
November 16, 2022, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Slightly strange request, but does anyone know where I can get an embroidered or patch club badge to put on a crocheted blanket ready to complete a Christmas hand made gift for one of our grandsons.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
November 16, 2022, 8:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
There is a place in Brigg called Jaylours that could probably do this . Worth an ask anyway
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
promotion plaice
November 16, 2022, 9:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

My wife has removed the badges off my old Town tops and sewn them onto other things, for example our dogs coats and a fleece I bought without a hood, I'm too old to wear hoodie.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
LN8Mariner
November 16, 2022, 9:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +329
Gold Stars: 9
It’s not easy. I’ve tried in the past and most places need to make up a high quality ‘template’ and then will need to produce 5+ at roughly £8 per item. I didn’t manage to find anybody who would do a single (wanted an embroidered patch for a rucksack) and as the badge was quite unique (Leeds Rhinos netball) I couldn’t justify buying more than one as I’d struggle to move them on. You may be better off with a Town badge as the template may already be made somewhere and if you need to buy more than one you’re probably more likely to move them on!

If you do find anywhere, please let me know as it was a disappointment that the bags for playing in the Rhinos academy didn’t have a logo on when all the other kit did and the bags did the year before… it’d be nice to correct the wrong!

This guy was the best response I got but £54 for 5 or 6 badges I seem to recall https://nottinghambadges.co.uk/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
acko338
November 16, 2022, 9:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
I also don't want to break any copyright laws from a potential provider.

Thought - has anyone got a torn or outgrown, now unused, shirt with a badge on that they would sell ata reasonable price?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Son of Cod
November 16, 2022, 9:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from LN8Mariner
It’s not easy. I’ve tried in the past and most places need to make up a high quality ‘template’ and then will need to produce 5+ at roughly £8 per item. I didn’t manage to find anybody who would do a single (wanted an embroidered patch for a rucksack) and as the badge was quite unique (Leeds Rhinos netball) I couldn’t justify buying more than one as I’d struggle to move them on. You may be better off with a Town badge as the template may already be made somewhere and if you need to buy more than one you’re probably more likely to move them on!

If you do find anywhere, please let me know as it was a disappointment that the bags for playing in the Rhinos academy didn’t have a logo on when all the other kit did and the bags did the year before… it’d be nice to correct the wrong!

This guy was the best response I got but £54 for 5 or 6 badges I seem to recall https://nottinghambadges.co.uk/

The high quality template is exactly what the club produced when they updated the badge and loads of people kicked off. Not sure if they'll give it out to anyone but worth an ask.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
supertown
November 16, 2022, 9:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
I’ve got one you can have . Message me your address and I will get it to you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
acko338
November 16, 2022, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Supertown - pm sent... and thank you !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
acko338
November 17, 2022, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Supertown, many thanks, do I owe you something for this?

Fuel cost at least?

1 happy nanna now to finish the oresent off - some REALLY good people on here !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
supertown
November 17, 2022, 1:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from acko338
Supertown, many thanks, do I owe you something for this?

Fuel cost at least?

1 happy nanna now to finish the oresent off - some REALLY good people on here !!

No mate I was heading to the swimming pool anyway 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bit of help needed.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.