Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: acko338, November 16, 2022, 8:34pm
Slightly strange request, but does anyone know where I can get an embroidered or patch club badge to put on a crocheted blanket ready to complete a Christmas hand made gift for one of our grandsons.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.
Posted by: It Bites, November 16, 2022, 8:50pm; Reply: 1
There is a place in Brigg called Jaylours that could probably do this . Worth an ask anyway
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 16, 2022, 9:08pm; Reply: 2

My wife has removed the badges off my old Town tops and sewn them onto other things, for example our dogs coats and a fleece I bought without a hood, I'm too old to wear hoodie.
Posted by: LN8Mariner, November 16, 2022, 9:14pm; Reply: 3
It’s not easy. I’ve tried in the past and most places need to make up a high quality ‘template’ and then will need to produce 5+ at roughly £8 per item. I didn’t manage to find anybody who would do a single (wanted an embroidered patch for a rucksack) and as the badge was quite unique (Leeds Rhinos netball) I couldn’t justify buying more than one as I’d struggle to move them on. You may be better off with a Town badge as the template may already be made somewhere and if you need to buy more than one you’re probably more likely to move them on!

If you do find anywhere, please let me know as it was a disappointment that the bags for playing in the Rhinos academy didn’t have a logo on when all the other kit did and the bags did the year before… it’d be nice to correct the wrong!

This guy was the best response I got but £54 for 5 or 6 badges I seem to recall https://nottinghambadges.co.uk/
Posted by: acko338, November 16, 2022, 9:26pm; Reply: 4
I also don't want to break any copyright laws from a potential provider.

Thought - has anyone got a torn or outgrown, now unused, shirt with a badge on that they would sell ata reasonable price?
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 16, 2022, 9:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LN8Mariner
It’s not easy. I’ve tried in the past and most places need to make up a high quality ‘template’ and then will need to produce 5+ at roughly £8 per item. I didn’t manage to find anybody who would do a single (wanted an embroidered patch for a rucksack) and as the badge was quite unique (Leeds Rhinos netball) I couldn’t justify buying more than one as I’d struggle to move them on. You may be better off with a Town badge as the template may already be made somewhere and if you need to buy more than one you’re probably more likely to move them on!

If you do find anywhere, please let me know as it was a disappointment that the bags for playing in the Rhinos academy didn’t have a logo on when all the other kit did and the bags did the year before… it’d be nice to correct the wrong!

This guy was the best response I got but £54 for 5 or 6 badges I seem to recall https://nottinghambadges.co.uk/

The high quality template is exactly what the club produced when they updated the badge and loads of people kicked off. Not sure if they'll give it out to anyone but worth an ask.
Posted by: supertown, November 16, 2022, 9:43pm; Reply: 6
I’ve got one you can have . Message me your address and I will get it to you
Posted by: acko338, November 16, 2022, 10:24pm; Reply: 7
Supertown - pm sent... and thank you !
Posted by: acko338, November 17, 2022, 1:30pm; Reply: 8
Supertown, many thanks, do I owe you something for this?

Fuel cost at least?

1 happy nanna now to finish the oresent off - some REALLY good people on here !!
Posted by: supertown, November 17, 2022, 1:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from acko338
Supertown, many thanks, do I owe you something for this?

Fuel cost at least?

1 happy nanna now to finish the oresent off - some REALLY good people on here !!

No mate I was heading to the swimming pool anyway 👍
Posted by: moosey_club, November 17, 2022, 7:41pm; Reply: 10
Awe.  A happy ending 😊
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 17, 2022, 7:57pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club
Awe.  A happy ending 😊

There's a thought, has Nichols closed?
Posted by: Mayaman, November 19, 2022, 12:48am; Reply: 12
Quoted from supertown

No mate I was heading to the swimming pool anyway 👍

Nice one supertown.  People helping someone out without something in return is becoming increasingly rare.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 7:05am