Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 8 billion!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

8 billion!

This thread currently has 3,101 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
November 17, 2022, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

We often talk about football being woven in the fabric, Italy is a prime example of that, especially places like Napoli. My love of Hellas makes me detest Napoli but, if I was born in Italy, being a Napoli fan would be decent, although to have to live there and it’s predominantly a dump.

I remember watching a documentary about Maradona and the love the Napoli fans had for him when he was playing for them was extraordinary. I noted some even supported Argentina over Italy when they played each other in the world cup of 1990.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
OddShapedBalls
November 17, 2022, 10:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01

To be fair to the hunchback odd balls of Napoli, they did invent pizza. Best place in Italy to get pizza. Can get a banging slice in Rome but still not as good as Napoli.

They all hate Juve so the black and white draws their attention but plenty will suss it out. I once sat, with around 10/15 Hellas Ultras, in the stand waiting for KO whilst watching the end of the Torquay game a few years ago when we scored really late on. They loved it. Once Italians know you supper your local team they’ll love you forever.

We often talk about football being woven in the fabric, Italy is a prime example of that, especially places like Napoli. My love of Hellas makes me detest Napoli but, if I was born in Italy, being a Napoli fan would be decent, although to have to live there and it’s predominantly a dump.

People have made the proper jibe to me before, I laugh, I pity those folk.

Unfortunately my digestive system made a suicide pact 20 years ago without my consent and ever since I haven't been able eat wheat, so I didn't get to experience the pizza.   The rest is bang on though, lovely place in general, Italy.   Was in Sorrento the year after and some bar staff said they were playing Napoli that day so went down to see what was happening.......turns out it was an U16's friendly game, around 200 friends and family in the stand plus 3 confused tourists.  They just assumed we were into footy as much as they were so told us where we cold catch a game I guess. It sounds cliche but they really are passionate over there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
LH
November 17, 2022, 10:32am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
I remember seeing or hearing Naples being described as Italy’s Grimsby and going there it makes sense. They even have the ruined cities and towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum nearby like we do with Lincoln and Scunthorpe.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 8 billion!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.