6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
November 6, 2022, 7:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10

Sorry if I offend the woke brigade but the FA cup highlights talk about every team except GTFC. we mullard the top of Div 1 and we're not worth a mention. So, when they come telling us that we are on TV we need to tell them to jog on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
November 6, 2022, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Ruston AT

Sorry if I offend the woke brigade but the FA cup highlights talk about every team except GTFC. we mullard the top of Div 1 and we're not worth a mention. So, when they come telling us that we are on TV we need to tell them to jog on.

I don’t think you understand what woke means…

Why are you shocked though, they’ll be spaffing their cheap duds over Wrexham…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
supertown
November 6, 2022, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Muppet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
Ruston AT
November 6, 2022, 7:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from supertown
Muppet

So, you think that as we have been ignored on the BBC it must be ok. Wrexham have the hollywood superstars, Stockport are division 2 world beaters ( they may well bee so) we don't deserve at least a modicum of representation on national TV.  If I'm a muppet you need to realise that exposure within the media means money.
I rest my case muppet over and out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
Poojah
November 6, 2022, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from Ruston AT

So, you think that as we have been ignored on the BBC it must be ok. Wrexham have the hollywood superstars, Stockport are division 2 world beaters ( they may well bee so) we don't deserve at least a modicum of representation on national TV.  If I'm a muppet you need to realise that exposure within the media means money.
I rest my case muppet over and out.

They seemed to prioritise fixtures which featured at least one non-league side, which is fair enough in my book. I think you may be overreacting slightly.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
BulkyMariner
November 6, 2022, 7:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 7
Don't think anyone is surprised, the BBC have their darling teams each year (Salford, Wrexham, Stockport), we've never had much coverage. Who really cares if the BBC mention us or not though. Weird use of the word 'woke' too, you didn't say anything woke or anti-woke you just made a point; do you know what it means?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 6, 2022, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Ruston AT

Spin it the other way…

Well respected and well run club thrash similarly sized well run club who had a few years head start to us in the cycle of trying to return towards the green pastures of the Championship.

It was a cup match where Plymouth didn’t really fancy it, when they are four points clear at the top of L1 and apparently flew up to a match they didn’t really want or need.

Maybe it wasn’t such a shock. The magnitude of the score line was but the result probably wasn’t given the long journey, Plymouth’s other priorities and the fact we are not as shït as some ‘fans’ think we have been in the past couple of weeks.

The longer we stay under the radar the greater the possibility of retaining the second best Town manager of my lifetime and most of our players.

On the other hand, maybe I’m just a woke Marxist…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 53
ska face
November 6, 2022, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Probably would’ve been first on if Hurst had put a wheelchair-bound lesbian niqabi up front and the team drank vanilla mocha spiced Starbucks lattes at half time! Sick of Lineker and the woke mob. My children don’t love me. Defund the liberal leftie junta at BBC Towers.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
November 6, 2022, 7:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Probably would’ve been first on if Hurst had put a wheelchair-bound lesbian niqabi up front

CDAJATL?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
HertsGTFC
November 6, 2022, 7:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think you understand what woke means…

Why are you shocked though, they’ll be spaffing their cheap duds over Wrexham…

And one of about 300 Chelsea who now plays for Brizzle.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
promotion plaice
November 6, 2022, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

The BBC hate the Tories but that's another story.

I thought they were supposed to be impartial.

Used to be a national treasure but no more, such a shame.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 53
ska face
November 6, 2022, 8:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from promotion plaice

lol put this in non-football before you embarrass yourself any further.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 53
ginnywings
November 6, 2022, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Massive sigh.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 53
LH
November 6, 2022, 8:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,569
Gold Stars: 174
Best thread on here for ages.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 53
moosey_club
November 6, 2022, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Regardless of the original post / rant ....there is an absolute bias towards Wrexham at the moment, similar to the Salford love affair a couple of years back......they are clearly not impartial...fawning over the circus by not only selecting their tie for TV (despite it being just a same divisional non league tie) and then going back to hold the draw for the next round at their ground too..

I was also admittedly a bit miffed at the highlights show today, despite d1cking the top ranked team in this round,  a division above us, we had no after mention or mini analysis .....that was sh1t.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 53
arryarryarry
November 6, 2022, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Poojah

They seemed to prioritise fixtures which featured at least one non-league side, which is fair enough in my book. I think you may be overreacting slightly.

That goes without saying but they managed to discuss other matches involving league teams and I thought it was crass of them not to say a few words about the highest team in the round being thrashed.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 53
chaos33
November 6, 2022, 9:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,977
Gold Stars: 361

Is this a self parody?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 53
chaos33
November 6, 2022, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ruston AT

Woke brigade?! You tool.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 53
barralad
November 6, 2022, 9:28pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,298
Gold Stars: 127
I'm confused. I thought the Wrexham game was on ITV.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 53
Theimperialcoroner
November 6, 2022, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
I’m woke as intercourse me.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 53
GollyGTFC
November 6, 2022, 9:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from moosey_club
Regardless of the original post / rant ....there is an absolute bias towards Wrexham at the moment, similar to the Salford love affair a couple of years back......they are clearly not impartial...fawning over the circus by not only selecting their tie for TV (despite it being just a same divisional non league tie) and then going back to hold the draw for the next round at their ground too..

I was also admittedly a bit miffed at the highlights show today, despite d1cking the top ranked team in this round,  a division above us, we had no after mention or mini analysis .....that was sh1t.

You understand Wrexham are in Wales. BBC Wales give them loads of attention as you’d expect given they have only 4 professional clubs in the English league system to cover.

There’s no UK-wide BBC Wrexham obsession.

The FA Cup is all about the non-league clubs at this stage. If we had not been promoted last season and had beaten Plymouth we’d have got loads of coverages and possibly would have been a TV game.

But we’re in the EFL and that means the interest isn’t the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 53
November 6, 2022, 9:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Strangely enough, the BBC (other TV channels are available…and guess what, they do the same thing) select the ties that they feel will have the most public interest and will attract the most viewers.

Salford are owned by a BVI company fronted by ex-Man U starlets. People are interested in that. Therefore the TV channels focus on them.

Wrexham are owned by one of the most handsome Hollywood actors and Robert McElhenney III. Guess what, the public are interested in that so the TV channels prioritise their matches.

South Shields are managed by a former European Golden Boot winner who has had a very successful hair transplant. Guess what? The BBC picked their meaty match against England’s ‘greenest’ club.

Grimsby Town are perceived (not by me) to be a dead end club in a dead end town and run by a guy who looks like Jason Watkins’ stunt double. We’re the sort of story The Guardian loves but The Guardian have no say on which football teams are shown on myriad TV channels around the country / world.

So maybe there is no conspiracy. Maybe TV channels select the matches that will generate the highest viewer levels. Maybe the BBC aren’t as left wing as people think they are.

It’s ironic that the very people who bang on about us being a huge club and our attendances being massive are the same people who start crying when we aren’t the feature match when we play and beat a similarly sized club to us in the Cup. That’s a small club mentality surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
November 6, 2022, 9:47pm
Guest User
Arthur Mullard was a wrong un.
Reply: 22 - 53
moosey_club
November 6, 2022, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226

Strangely enough, the BBC (other TV channels are available…and guess what, they do the same thing) select the ties that they feel will have the most public interest and will attract the most viewers.

Salford are owned by a BVI company fronted by ex-Man U starlets. People are interested in that. Therefore the TV channels focus on them.

Wrexham are owned by one of the most handsome Hollywood actors and Robert McElhenney III. Guess what, the public are interested in that so the TV channels prioritise their matches.

South Shields are managed by a former European Golden Boot winner who has had a very successful hair transplant. Guess what? The BBC picked their meaty match against England’s ‘greenest’ club.

Grimsby Town are perceived (not by me) to be a dead end club in a dead end town and run by a guy who looks like Jason Watkins’ stunt double. We’re the sort of story The Guardian loves but The Guardian have no say on which football teams are shown on myriad TV channels around the country / world.

So maybe there is no conspiracy. Maybe TV channels select the matches that will generate the highest viewer levels. Maybe the BBC aren’t as left wing as people think they are.

It’s ironic that the very people who bang on about us being a huge club and our attendances being massive are the same people who start crying when we aren’t the feature match when we play and beat a similarly sized club to us in the Cup. That’s a small club mentality surely?

I have no issue with not being picked for TV,  both sets of fans were completely underwhelmed with the draw so I wouldn't expect a tv executive to have got aroused at the prospect either.......but I did expect that a 5 goal haul against the top ranked team to have got at least a rise of an eye brow and therefore a mention at the after party that is a highlights show.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
Maringer
November 6, 2022, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from moosey_club

I have no issue with not being picked for TV,  both sets of fans were completely underwhelmed with the draw so I wouldn't expect a tv executive to have got aroused at the prospect either.......but I did expect that a 5 goal haul against the top ranked team to have got at least a rise of an eye brow and therefore a mention at the after party that is a highlights show.

I agree entirely. It was the (joint) highest-scoring tie of the round with a lower division club hammering a team topping the table in the league above. It seems bizarre that there wasn't even a quick mention about such an unlikely result.

Perhaps the guy doing the edit is a disgruntled Lincoln fan and decided to do the bare minimum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
TownSNAFU5
November 6, 2022, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Wrexham v Oldham being on live TV was an odd choice.  Both team NL and in the same division. Wrexham are at the top and Oldham at the bottom.  A comfortable home win was likely - no surprises then that this was the outcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
November 6, 2022, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

I agree entirely. It was the (joint) highest-scoring tie of the round with a lower division club hammering a team topping the table in the league above. It seems bizarre that there wasn't even a quick mention about such an unlikely result.

Perhaps the guy doing the edit is a disgruntled Lincoln fan and decided to do the bare minimum?

In purely footballing terms it was interesting that a mid-table L2 side thrashed the L1 leaders 5-1.

However, when the draw was made, even I had to double check Plymouth weren’t in the same division as us and I hadn’t noticed them quietly ghosting their way to the top of L1. Likewise, the average MOTD viewer probably perceives Plymouth and Grimsby to be similarly sized, unfashionable clubs in the same division.

MOTD is an entertainment programme. In public interest terms the match was a virtual non-event between two nondescript, non-celebrity sides.

Now imagine if Kieran Green would have been outed as a cyborg last week. The first EFL footballer to identify as a nanotechnological robot. The FA/EFL, worried about discrimination against Nanomorphs, allow it to play.

Now there’s an angle. Now there’s a story. Now there’s the opportunity for a black and white trawler montage set to an Alfie Boe warbled sea shanty.

Fück Clem and Adam Virgo. You’ve now got Michael Owen chinooking in from Cheshire, Sam Matterface is dragging his carcass along the A180 and Susie Dent is fronting a Channel 4 show on the derivation of the Grimsby ‘S’.

That’s entertainment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 7, 2022, 12:04am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
What does it matter if we are shown first or last, or discussed or not. We don't make any money from anything other than winning the match. Let them have a love-in over their favourite teams. We'll just get the job done. End of.

Nobody seems to have a good old moan when we are regularly shown in the last match on the EFL highlights. I think we are on 6 and counting this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
aldi_01
November 7, 2022, 6:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
This cryarsing from some every time a cup draw is made about the fact we’re never picked to be on TV is the epitome of small club syndrome for me.

Christ, if, by some miracle town found their way back in to the championship, the likelihood of being on TV increases, everyone would be moaning then about weird KO times and games being moved to ‘accommodate the tv types’.

I understand that perhaps a little more than a blink and you’ll miss it section would’ve been nice but in truth, our game did not stand out to anyone outside of the two clubs. A few well read football fans would’ve been surprised at the result but nothing more.

I’m annoyed that they’re heading off up to Wrexham for the draw rather than Chippenham or Alvechurch but let’s face it, the whole Wrexham/Ryan Reynolds thing is a story as far as the media are concerned, even though nothing has really happened yet.

We’ve got the sweet feeling knowing that the one game that was important, we copulated it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2022, 7:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wrexham v Oldham being on live TV was an odd choice.  Both team NL and in the same division. Wrexham are at the top and Oldham at the bottom.  A comfortable home win was likely - no surprises then that this was the outcome.

How is it an odd choice? You know how ITV generate the income to pay for them buying FA Cup rights?

Yes, advertising revenue. And as much as people on here seem to deny it, Wrexham after the takeover and documentary will attract a bigger tv audience & therefore higher advertising revenue than if ITV had picked Chippenham v Lincoln or Weymouth v AFC Wimbledon which were the pick of the non league hosting EFL not on TV matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 53
pen penfras
November 7, 2022, 8:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

How is it an odd choice? You know how ITV generate the income to pay for them buying FA Cup rights?

Yes, advertising revenue. And as much as people on here seem to deny it, Wrexham after the takeover and documentary will attract a bigger tv audience & therefore higher advertising revenue than if ITV had picked Chippenham v Lincoln or Weymouth v AFC Wimbledon which were the pick of the non league hosting EFL not on TV matches.

People seem to think that TV companies exist to be a charity for lower league football clubs rather than provide content that viewers want to watch. We all love an underdog to win, but most people couldn't care less about watching Chippenham Town vs Lincoln City. Like it or not, people are interested in Wrexham. They're the closest Football team to me and people who have never been interested in football except when England do well were talking about watching that game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
blundellpork
November 7, 2022, 9:15am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Erm, we were on BBC red button this time last year v Bromsgrove
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
ginnywings
November 7, 2022, 9:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from blundellpork

SHH!

That doesn't fit the narrative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
GrimRob
November 7, 2022, 9:54am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
There were 80 teams playing in Round 1. Probably about half of them will complain about the lack of coverage. I am quite happy being under the radar, don't want our best players being poached  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 53
Southwark Mariner
November 7, 2022, 11:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from GrimRob
There were 80 teams playing in Round 1. Probably about half of them will complain about the lack of coverage. I am quite happy being under the radar, don't want our best players being poached  

We really need to stop the "Player of the Year" award
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
OddShapedBalls
November 7, 2022, 11:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from blundellpork

Security!!!  Someone is using facts, remove them please......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
chaos33
November 7, 2022, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

That goes without saying but they managed to discuss other matches involving league teams and I thought it was crass of them not to say a few words about the highest team in the round being thrashed.

I agree I thought that was an oversight, but I’m really not @rsed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
Les Brechin
November 7, 2022, 12:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
To be honest, I was a bit drunk off with the coverage on the highlights show yesterday.

Having to wait until very close to the end of the programme and then to have absolutely nothing else said after was a bit excrement I thought, considering we'd dicked who were the best team in the competition at the time. (Going on league position)

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2022, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
In the interest of playing devils advocate here, I believe the OPs beef was that a mid table league 2 team just only just promoted from the NL absolutely smashed the high flying leaders of league 1 and all we got was a highlight of the goals and no discussion about the game.
Now, for me, our result was as worthy as any result during the round 1 fixtures and the fact it got no time from the pundits does leave a bad taste in mu mouth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
LH
November 7, 2022, 12:34pm

Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,569
A highlights package of a match using only a single camera doesn’t make for great telly. It’s nothing more than that.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2022, 2:03pm

Whiskey Drinker
If you want to get upset with the BBC, do it because on the highlights video they’ve used the old club badge rather than the new one.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 53
WelwynGardener
November 7, 2022, 2:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 6
The live FA Cup games were on ITV. Perhaps they will show our 2nd round game. We'll know soon enough. What's all the fuss about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
Les Brechin
November 7, 2022, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Quoted from WelwynGardener
The live FA Cup games were on ITV. Perhaps they will show our 2nd round game. We'll know soon enough. What's all the fuss about?

Some were on BBC too.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
Garth
November 7, 2022, 2:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Ruston AT

Jog on! Don't be silly were talking big money here, call us a bag of excrement for all I care, just keep paying the money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2022, 2:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
The BBC are only going to Wrexham because ITV where there yesterday.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
goldenfish
November 7, 2022, 3:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
Who cares
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
MarinerDevil
November 7, 2022, 5:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
HerveJosse
November 7, 2022, 5:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 144
Who cares ! BBC football coverage is.non league compared to the money boys. Match of day consists of 5  mins of highlights and 10 mins of pundits trying to be amusing and drawing diagrams on charts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
GrimRob
November 7, 2022, 5:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
In the old days, you had to watch it on Teletext and try and video Sportsnight in the hope of catching a few seconds (which you would rewind and watch for about 3 days). Now you have a choice of formats and lengths to watch highlights in. We are definitely spoilt.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 53
WesternMariner
November 8, 2022, 6:51am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
On the best goals of round one highlights on BBC website this morning there’s two of our goals - Effette’s header and Kiernan’s back heel. Only club to have two on there. Quite right too.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’m pleased the BBC went to Wrexham to give them a good rimming…everyone in the country now knows how bitter they are…booing town and Stockport is quite possibly the most non league things ever.

And can someone please get Phil ‘flipping get in to them’ Parkinson some more clothes…all he ever wears is black trousers and a knitted polo…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
barralad
November 8, 2022, 10:11am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,298
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 140381
Arthur Mullard was a wrong un.

Hilda Baker sorted him out tho

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 8, 2022, 10:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
I think the biggest problem for Town, as good as our win was, was the pure number of non-league teams who beat or drew with league teams. They wanted to cream their pants over those results more than anything. If there hadnt been as many, then Im sure we would have had at least a few words spoken about us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
arryarryarry
November 8, 2022, 12:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Les Brechin
To be honest, I was a bit drunk off with the coverage on the highlights show yesterday.

Having to wait until very close to the end of the programme and then to have absolutely nothing else said after was a bit excrement I thought, considering we'd dicked who were the best team in the competition at the time. (Going on league position)

Seems PH has exactly the same opinion as you and I 👍
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The BBC hate us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.