Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 240 Guests

£41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.

This thread currently has 6,185 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
thefish
November 7, 2022, 1:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from ginnywings
£41,000 plus gate receipts goes some way toward buying a striker in Jan. Another favourable draw or two will give a nice fighting fund for Jan.

Mate, we’re better off without one of them fancy Dan strikers… just toss a bunch of midfielders on alongside goal scoring defenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
Les Brechin
November 7, 2022, 1:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Son of Cod

And for another month or so technically AFC Wimbledon. But yeah Man Utd would be class. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Hull away if we made it to the 3rd Round personally.

2010/2011. Played them in The Conference.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
rancido
November 7, 2022, 2:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96

We have season tickets in the Pontoon but chose to sit in the Upper for this game as a one-off. We thought we might get a better perspective as to why we don't get enough players into attacking positions but as it turned out we didn't need to bother about that!

I have to say the part we were sat in was completely toxic; we obviously got off to a bad start but it wasn't until we were 4-1 up some fans started to give us some slack.

I have been in the Upper a few times over the years, and it looks good from the other stands when full, but from up there it isn't great, and looking at the rest of the stadium from up there it looks worse than I imagined, so I do hope the owners are at least looking at provisional plans to do something about it.

My seat is half way up the Upper and slightly to the Cleethorpes end of the halfway line. IMO the view is perfect for a proper footballing perspective of a game. You get a good idea of off-sides, players positioning and team shape. I don't know whether the coaching staff do this but I have always thought having one of the staff with a two-way link to the bench would be an advantage. It would give "real time" updates to the bench so they could make instant adjustments to the playing formations.
As regards the toxicity of some of the fans up there, well over the years I have used all three home stands and have experienced this in all of them. It doesn't bother me but then again I go to watch the game and not to listen to the ramblings of these toxic fans

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2022, 2:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from rancido

My seat is half way up the Upper and slightly to the Cleethorpes end of the halfway line. IMO the view is perfect for a proper footballing perspective of a game. You get a good idea of off-sides, players positioning and team shape. I don't know whether the coaching staff do this but I have always thought having one of the staff with a two-way link to the bench would be an advantage. It would give "real time" updates to the bench so they could make instant adjustments to the playing formations.
As regards the toxicity of some of the fans up there, well over the years I have used all three home stands and have experienced this in all of them. It doesn't bother me but then again I go to watch the game and not to listen to the ramblings of these toxic fans

Funnily enough we talked about that on Saturday - particularly how little of the shape of the team managers can see from the touchline which itself is below pitch level.

One wag suggested a tennis umpire like seat bolted on to the Main stand roof fot Hurst to use.

Obviously all managers stand on the touchline so they must gain something from it apart from the obvious of being close to the players.

As regards the toxicity of some fans indeed it can be in any stand but it surprised me I must say as they seemed to be egging each other one but each to their own.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
jamesgtfc
November 7, 2022, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I saw our analyst walking down the Upper Findus steps at half time so the game is certainly watched from up there by a member of staff.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
ivanosandwich
November 7, 2022, 4:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
The Analyst watches and videos the whole game from the gantry in the Upper. You will see him go back into the dressing room at HT to feedback and highlight some things using the video.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
rancido
November 7, 2022, 4:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ivanosandwich
The Analyst watches and videos the whole game from the gantry in the Upper. You will see him go back into the dressing room at HT to feedback and highlight some things using the video.

Thanx for that info, it certainly seems the obvious thing to do. I seem to recall that when PH very first came here with Shouty it was mentioned that one of them intended to watch the matches, or at least part of them, from higher up in the Main Stand but I don't know if that actually ever occured.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Mariner_09
November 7, 2022, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from rancido

Thanx for that info, it certainly seems the obvious thing to do. I seem to recall that when PH very first came here with Shouty it was mentioned that one of them intended to watch the matches, or at least part of them, from higher up in the Main Stand but I don't know if that actually ever occured.

During his first stint, he always watched the first half from the press box in the Main Stand. He then always came down after HT.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
November 7, 2022, 6:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
There’s a right male masturbator that sits behind us in the Pontoon if you want to talk about toxicity. You get them all over. He does my head in but the only point I’ve ever felt I needed to let him know was when he got racist too. Guess what I’m saying is even toxic male masturbators are entitled to their opinion, just wish it wasn’t loud and in my lughole.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
DB
November 7, 2022, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
There’s a right male masturbator that sits behind us in the Pontoon if you want to talk about toxicity. You get them all over. He does my head in but the only point I’ve ever felt I needed to let him know was when he got racist too. Guess what I’m saying is even toxic male masturbators are entitled to their opinion, just wish it wasn’t loud and in my lughole.

Some things never change over the years. I remember listening to some guy, in the Osmond stand, bellowing at the top of his voice how bad he thought Mike Cullen was; and that was about 60 years ago. Incidentally, I wonder if this is where the Luton connection originated from as we bought him from Luton.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.