Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chelseacity, November 4, 2022, 8:25am
How much do you get for 1st round FA Cup?

The Emirates FA Cup prize fund for 2022-23

First round proper winners     (40)     £41,000
Second round proper winners     (20)     £67,000
Third round proper winners     (32)     £105,000
Fourth round proper winners     (16)     £120,000

There is a lot of money to be won for Grimsby Town here, not including crowd & possible tv receipts.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 4, 2022, 10:05am; Reply: 1
And the humberstone ave version of pol pot hopefully won’t receive a penny
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 4, 2022, 10:20am; Reply: 2
Quoted from chelseacity

There is a lot of money to be won for Grimsby Town here, not including crowd & possible tv receipts.

Lincoln made £2m from their run to the QF the other year. A decent, televised away day in the third round would be a good result financially if we get there.
Posted by: ska face, November 4, 2022, 10:35am; Reply: 3
Congratulations to Paul Hurst and his unstoppable Mariners on their £41k
Posted by: HerveJosse, November 4, 2022, 10:35am; Reply: 4
Does this mean we will play or best available eleven (whatever that is ) or adopt squad rotation? Plymouth no doubt will do the latter.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2022, 10:44am; Reply: 5
Quoted from chelseacity

And do both Teams still get 40% of gate receipts? I might be wrong on that.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 4, 2022, 12:36pm; Reply: 6
Would love a good cup run , I’m still waiting to play man yoo home or away in my life time
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2022, 12:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Would love a good cup run , I’m still waiting to play man yoo home or away in my life time

Same, though there are a few teams where playing them away even with a reduced ticket price would net Town more money than a full house at BP.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 4, 2022, 1:16pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Same here. Man Yoo the only league team we haven't played in my lifetime,
Posted by: BrMarin, November 4, 2022, 4:52pm; Reply: 9
Well we got a good draw according to most on here. Personally I would have preferred 41k and a win against a dog and duck team...
Posted by: IowaMariner, November 4, 2022, 5:01pm; Reply: 10
Add me to the list as well. And to think Town have played current heavyweights such as Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle in the league during the not too distant past; former clubs in the Championship equivalent or lower down the pyramid like Bournemouth, Brentford and Brighton; and those of a lesser vintage including Welling United, Ebbsfleet and Salisbury City. And there are many other examples. All part of the ups and downs Mariners’ style, I guess.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 4, 2022, 6:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HerveJosse
Does this mean we will play or best available eleven (whatever that is ) or adopt squad rotation? Plymouth no doubt will do the latter.

I think it will be our "first" team. Tuesday is a chance to play our second team in the other thingy cup.

Might be a fly in the ointment if we draw tomorrow - isn't the replay on Tuesday?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2022, 6:51pm; Reply: 12

I think it will be our "first" team. Tuesday is a chance to play our second team in the other thingy cup.

Might be a fly in the ointment if we draw tomorrow - isn't the replay on Tuesday?

It sure they have replays now do they, I think we’ll field a strong side we’ll need to.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 4, 2022, 6:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It sure they have replays now do they, I think we’ll field a strong side we’ll need to.

Yes replays have been reintroduced this season. I'm not sure if it would be on Tuesday or the week after.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2022, 7:07pm; Reply: 14

Yes replays have been reintroduced this season. I'm not sure if it would be on Tuesday or the week after.

Wow, I kind of get it but don’t when you look at the calendar etc.. thank you.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 4, 2022, 8:27pm; Reply: 15
With that sort of winnings we could just about hire two media staff.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 5, 2022, 5:11pm; Reply: 16
Nice little earner Town.  Well done lads.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 5, 2022, 5:16pm; Reply: 17
Good payday. 4,571 - decent for an all-pay full price game - and one of the better crowds on the day. Illustrates why reducing to a tenner doesn't stack up with our current capacity, unless to create the atmosphere to intimidate the opposition and we win. How many would have been on if we'd made it a tenner - maybe 6.5k. 7k at best.

Maybe the smaller crowd helped take the pressure off the players and they were more relaxed?
Posted by: toontown, November 5, 2022, 5:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Good payday. 4,571 - decent for an all-pay full price game - and one of the better crowds on the day. Illustrates why reducing to a tenner doesn't stack up with our current capacity, unless to create the atmosphere to intimidate the opposition and we win. How many would have been on if we'd made it a tenner - maybe 6.5k. 7k at best.

Maybe the smaller crowd helped take the pressure off the players and they were more relaxed?

Doubt it would have been anything like 7k, cheaper maybe 5.5k, the last 2 defeats probably took more off the gate than the price
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 5, 2022, 8:57pm; Reply: 19
Kerrrrrrrrrrrrching. Thankyou very much Plymouth.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 6, 2022, 10:52am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

And for another month or so technically AFC Wimbledon. :) But yeah Man Utd would be class. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Hull away if we made it to the 3rd Round personally.
Posted by: scrumble, November 6, 2022, 11:21am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

It's a bit odd that we've played all of the big Prem teams at least twice in my life time, but never Man U. Its almost like they're scared of us

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 6, 2022, 11:24am; Reply: 22
Quoted from scrumble

It's a bit odd that we've played all of the big Prem teams at least twice in my life time, but never Man U. Its almost like they're scared of us

Think it’s because we hammered them last time round. (Or in one of the last games we played them)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 6, 2022, 11:26am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Think it’s because we hammered them last time round. (Or in one of the last games we played them)

Almost, looking at the database we drew at ours but beat them 4:3  at Old Trafford
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 6, 2022, 11:26am; Reply: 24
Quoted from toontown

Doubt it would have been anything like 7k, cheaper maybe 5.5k, the last 2 defeats probably took more off the gate than the price

Yes maybe not 7k looking at other crowds yesterday, only Wednesday would have been higher of the whole round if we'd got that. Adult STHs with kids deciding to go instead of giving it a miss would have boosted numbers.  We might also have got some people going who don't have season tickets but can't generally afford to go at full League prices.  

Our home fan attendance, 4.2k, was seventh highest of the Cup round I think, and all the higher ones were League 1 clubs save Bradford 6.8k and Chesterfield - 5.8k with 750 away, who charged £12 for adults and £6 for kids and OAPs. Chesterfield's home crowds typically are similar to ours atm, save when they get a bigger away following than we can accommodate.

Posted by: GrimRob, November 6, 2022, 11:29am; Reply: 25

Almost, looking at the database we drew at ours but beat them 4:3  at Old Trafford

We have a winning record against them at BP and if we win the next meeting we would be level on wins with them in the combined record.

https://thefishy.co.uk/resultsbreakdown.php?team=Man+Utd
Posted by: ska face, November 6, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 26
The accounts team will be glad of the win, it’s the equivalent of another 1,863 tickets sold at £22 a spin.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 6, 2022, 12:14pm; Reply: 27
I think that the number of Town fans going yesterday also depended on other factors.  We are 3 exiled STHs in York.  This season due to the train strikes and night games we have sometimes given lifts to 2 other STHs living in Leeds and Newcastle.

2 of us decided to give yesterday a miss as we have 2 home games on the next 2 Saturday’s.  3 home games would be a bit much for travelling in 15 days.  This decision then impacted on the other travellers.

In short, we would have gone yesterday if there were not 2 home games to follow (and travel to).  Fine margins.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 6, 2022, 12:31pm; Reply: 28
Yesterdays win ought to pay for two highly educated, creative and driven managers in the office for a year.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, November 6, 2022, 12:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ska face
The accounts team will be glad of the win, it’s the equivalent of another 1,863 tickets sold at £22 a spin.

Erm, it's the equivalent of another 81 season tickets (you forgot to divide by the 23 matches I think).

Posted by: ska face, November 6, 2022, 12:43pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Erm, it's the equivalent of another 81 season tickets (you forgot to divide by the 23 matches I think).

Who’s talking about season tickets?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 6, 2022, 1:33pm; Reply: 31
Have to say in the Upper Fishy area where I sit I would estimate that 70% of fans attending were different from those season ticket holders who normally occupy those seats. So these were either fans who normally now go in the Osmond or Main stands or a completely different fan base who took the chance to attend. Guess probably a mixture of the two.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 6, 2022, 3:00pm; Reply: 32
£41,000 plus gate receipts goes some way toward buying a striker in Jan. Another favourable draw or two will give a nice fighting fund for Jan.
Posted by: Rick12, November 6, 2022, 3:10pm; Reply: 33

Iam a fan of this cup even if it's not the priority eg league. Gives fringe players and promising youth team players a taste of competitive action . Even in years gone by when reserve team games were played I felt these cup games were a step up.
Posted by: Rick12, November 6, 2022, 3:18pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I think you have a point. Grimsby have had a decent history and I think a club of this standing should be pushing for league 1. Some of the younger lads will probably feel the pressure from some expectant fans though and aiming to produce good performances week in week out is challenging. Indeed some of the top players can't do it .

Posted by: grimps, November 6, 2022, 4:56pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from chelseacity

If we was lucky enough to make it to the 5th round it’s gotta be worth a couple of million to us with gate receipts and TV money factored in .
We’ve not had a cup run of note this century so hopefully this will be our year
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, November 6, 2022, 6:00pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Son of Cod

And for another month or so technically AFC Wimbledon. :) But yeah Man Utd would be class. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Hull away if we made it to the 3rd Round personally.

We played them in the NL.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 7, 2022, 1:08am; Reply: 37
Quoted from chelseacity

To be honest, I'd be happy with a win in round 2 giving us another 67k in the coffers. Any further than that and it'd be a Bruce bonus
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 7, 2022, 12:12pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

We played them in the NL.

Ah yeah so we did! Forgot about that.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 7, 2022, 12:50pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Have to say in the Upper Fishy area where I sit I would estimate that 70% of fans attending were different from those season ticket holders who normally occupy those seats. So these were either fans who normally now go in the Osmond or Main stands or a completely different fan base who took the chance to attend. Guess probably a mixture of the two.

We have season tickets in the Pontoon but chose to sit in the Upper for this game as a one-off. We thought we might get a better perspective as to why we don't get enough players into attacking positions but as it turned out we didn't need to bother about that!

I have to say the part we were sat in was completely toxic; we obviously got off to a bad start but it wasn't until we were 4-1 up some fans started to give us some slack.

I have been in the Upper a few times over the years, and it looks good from the other stands when full, but from up there it isn't great, and looking at the rest of the stadium from up there it looks worse than I imagined, so I do hope the owners are at least looking at provisional plans to do something about it.
Posted by: thefish, November 7, 2022, 1:06pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from ginnywings
£41,000 plus gate receipts goes some way toward buying a striker in Jan. Another favourable draw or two will give a nice fighting fund for Jan.

Mate, we’re better off without one of them fancy Dan strikers… just toss a bunch of midfielders on alongside goal scoring defenders.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 7, 2022, 1:49pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Son of Cod

2010/2011. Played them in The Conference.
Posted by: rancido, November 7, 2022, 2:46pm; Reply: 42

We have season tickets in the Pontoon but chose to sit in the Upper for this game as a one-off. We thought we might get a better perspective as to why we don't get enough players into attacking positions but as it turned out we didn't need to bother about that!

I have to say the part we were sat in was completely toxic; we obviously got off to a bad start but it wasn't until we were 4-1 up some fans started to give us some slack.

I have been in the Upper a few times over the years, and it looks good from the other stands when full, but from up there it isn't great, and looking at the rest of the stadium from up there it looks worse than I imagined, so I do hope the owners are at least looking at provisional plans to do something about it.

My seat is half way up the Upper and slightly to the Cleethorpes end of the halfway line. IMO the view is perfect for a proper footballing perspective of a game. You get a good idea of off-sides, players positioning and team shape. I don't know whether the coaching staff do this but I have always thought having one of the staff with a two-way link to the bench would be an advantage. It would give "real time" updates to the bench so they could make instant adjustments to the playing formations.
As regards the toxicity of some of the fans up there, well over the years I have used all three home stands and have experienced this in all of them. It doesn't bother me but then again I go to watch the game and not to listen to the ramblings of these toxic fans
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 7, 2022, 2:59pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from rancido

My seat is half way up the Upper and slightly to the Cleethorpes end of the halfway line. IMO the view is perfect for a proper footballing perspective of a game. You get a good idea of off-sides, players positioning and team shape. I don't know whether the coaching staff do this but I have always thought having one of the staff with a two-way link to the bench would be an advantage. It would give "real time" updates to the bench so they could make instant adjustments to the playing formations.
As regards the toxicity of some of the fans up there, well over the years I have used all three home stands and have experienced this in all of them. It doesn't bother me but then again I go to watch the game and not to listen to the ramblings of these toxic fans

Funnily enough we talked about that on Saturday - particularly how little of the shape of the team managers can see from the touchline which itself is below pitch level.

One wag suggested a tennis umpire like seat bolted on to the Main stand roof fot Hurst to use.

Obviously all managers stand on the touchline so they must gain something from it apart from the obvious of being close to the players.

As regards the toxicity of some fans indeed it can be in any stand but it surprised me I must say as they seemed to be egging each other one but each to their own.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 7, 2022, 4:08pm; Reply: 44
I saw our analyst walking down the Upper Findus steps at half time so the game is certainly watched from up there by a member of staff.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, November 7, 2022, 4:26pm; Reply: 45
The Analyst watches and videos the whole game from the gantry in the Upper. You will see him go back into the dressing room at HT to feedback and highlight some things using the video.
Posted by: rancido, November 7, 2022, 4:48pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from ivanosandwich
The Analyst watches and videos the whole game from the gantry in the Upper. You will see him go back into the dressing room at HT to feedback and highlight some things using the video.

Thanx for that info, it certainly seems the obvious thing to do. I seem to recall that when PH very first came here with Shouty it was mentioned that one of them intended to watch the matches, or at least part of them, from higher up in the Main Stand but I don't know if that actually ever occured.
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 7, 2022, 4:51pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from rancido

Thanx for that info, it certainly seems the obvious thing to do. I seem to recall that when PH very first came here with Shouty it was mentioned that one of them intended to watch the matches, or at least part of them, from higher up in the Main Stand but I don't know if that actually ever occured.

During his first stint, he always watched the first half from the press box in the Main Stand. He then always came down after HT.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 7, 2022, 6:33pm; Reply: 48
There’s a right male masturbator that sits behind us in the Pontoon if you want to talk about toxicity. You get them all over. He does my head in but the only point I’ve ever felt I needed to let him know was when he got racist too. Guess what I’m saying is even toxic male masturbators are entitled to their opinion, just wish it wasn’t loud and in my lughole.
Posted by: DB, November 7, 2022, 6:57pm; Reply: 49
There’s a right male masturbator that sits behind us in the Pontoon if you want to talk about toxicity. You get them all over. He does my head in but the only point I’ve ever felt I needed to let him know was when he got racist too. Guess what I’m saying is even toxic male masturbators are entitled to their opinion, just wish it wasn’t loud and in my lughole.

Some things never change over the years. I remember listening to some guy, in the Osmond stand, bellowing at the top of his voice how bad he thought Mike Cullen was; and that was about 60 years ago. Incidentally, I wonder if this is where the Luton connection originated from as we bought him from Luton.

Posted by: Poojah, November 7, 2022, 6:59pm; Reply: 50

Cúnt wants banning, if he hasn’t been already.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:50am