2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OddShapedBalls
November 2, 2022, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
This whole Matt Hancock doing I'm a celeb thing, surely it's career suicide isn't it?  I get he wants fame but I just can't see him coming across well, especially as he's still getting his wages to be an MP whilst in the jungle.....thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
November 2, 2022, 3:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
They have no shame. Everything to them is about how they can advance themselves in life and personal wealth without giving two fooks about the people they are supposed to serve.

I hope he gets bitten by something poisonous and can't get to hospital quick enough. That would be fitting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
LH
November 2, 2022, 3:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,582
Gold Stars: 175
It’s definitely one way of getting votes. Just not electorally significant ones.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
jamesgtfc
November 2, 2022, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
This whole Matt Hancock doing I'm a celeb thing, surely it's career suicide isn't it?  I get he wants fame but I just can't see him coming across well, especially as he's still getting his wages to be an MP whilst in the jungle.....thoughts?

I bet there are a few people and a former PM in particular worrying about what he might say in there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
chaos33
November 2, 2022, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Feed that hateful, stupid, self serving to$$er to the rats. It’d be the best thing for all of us. The bereaved Covid families would get justice. Nothing like self awareness is there.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Poojah
November 2, 2022, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
It’s narcissism at its very finest, and if somehow it wasn’t already clear that our politicians are completely and utterly out of touch with the common man, it is now.

I’m not sure which bit Hancock doesn’t get; that he is despised for his gross incompetence as a political leader at one of the gravest moments in our nation’s recent history, incompetence that would cost the lives of tens of thousands of people. That he’s despised for his fundamental lack of respect not only for the people of this country but in particular his wife when he was busy having a sleazy affair with his aide when us plebs were locked up at home and not allowed within 5 yards one another. Or that he’s despised because he’s simply a thoroughly dislikable príck that looks like someone put a badly thinning wig on a spunking penís.

He just doesn’t see it, and that in itself I find so utterly bizarre. If he thinks he’s winning a single person over then he’s deluded, but then we knew that.

Absolute prize cùnt.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
aldi_01
November 3, 2022, 5:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah
It’s narcissism at its very finest, and if somehow it wasn’t already clear that our politicians are completely and utterly out of touch with the common man, it is now.

I’m not sure which bit Hancock doesn’t get; that he is despised for his gross incompetence as a political leader at one of the gravest moments in our nation’s recent history, incompetence that would cost the lives of tens of thousands of people. That he’s despised for his fundamental lack of respect not only for the people of this country but in particular his wife when he was busy having a sleazy affair with his aide when us plebs were locked up at home and not allowed within 5 yards one another. Or that he’s despised because he’s simply a thoroughly dislikable príck that looks like someone put a badly thinning wig on a spunking penís.

He just doesn’t see it, and that in itself I find so utterly bizarre. If he thinks he’s winning a single person over then he’s deluded, but then we knew that.

Absolute prize cùnt.

And yet, despite all that, I’ve seen people genuinely commenting that he did a good job. There are actually deluded people out there.

The only trial this girl private should be doing is one at The Hague. For every million quid of government/public cash he shovelled in to the pocket of one of his mates he should receive a paper cut between the toes or finger…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
chaos33
November 3, 2022, 6:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Poojah

Absolute prize cùnt.

Well I mean, you’ve put it so much better than me. Every word mate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Hagrid
November 3, 2022, 11:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
£400,000 he is being paid

he is a complete rat, as Ginny said, hope he gets bitten and they cant get him out in time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
diehardmariner
November 3, 2022, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
It's ok though, he's not going to neglect his duties, y'know the ones he's paid to do!

Quoted Text
"as an MP, my first priority is to my constituents. I have agreed with the show's producers that I can be reached at any point on any urgent constituency matters.

In fact, he's actually doing this for the greater good.

Quoted Text
"It’s as clear as day that politicians like me must go to where the people are — particularly those who are politically disengaged," he said.

"We must wake up and embrace popular culture.

"Rather than looking down on reality TV, we should see it for what it is — a powerful tool to get our message heard by younger generations.

"In fact, I think it’s patronising to hear some say reality TV is beneath a politician. "We all know that many people are turned off by the ­aggressive ‘gotcha’ questioning and insider presumptions of political news.”

Complete girl private.  He actually thinks the issue is that he's bringing politics into disrepute by doing reality TV, not that the issue is he's turning his back on his constituents when really he should be working for them right now.  

I said on another thread I hope he gets eaten by a snake.  I hope it's actually an army of tiny but deadly ants that slowly and painfully nibble away at him.   I hope the viewing public save their money on putting him up for challenges, instead raising a kitty for anyone to dump a load of honey on him to entice the aforementioned ants.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › 'I'm a failed MP, get me out of here'

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.