5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
October 28, 2022, 6:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Took an absolute age to do and also pretty shite design all around tbh.

Still good that their asking though so đź‘Ť up for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
ska face
October 28, 2022, 6:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Must be said, it’s very “on brand” for The Fishy for fans to be given a chance to moan, only for them to then moan that the mechanism for doing so doesn’t meet their exacting standards.

Just put n/a if you don’t want to answer, or give a neutral score. Took me about 20 mins last night.

Not much of note. Question about selling the stadium naming rights - no problem for me, at least with this board you can be fairly sure it won’t be renamed the “Adolf Hitler-Gary Glitter Memorial Dome” because someone’s waived £10k under their noses.

Questions about improving the atmosphere - don’t think there’s anything you can really do apart from improving the acoustics in the Pontoon & Upper by panelling the sides in. Anything beyond that and it all becomes a bit forced & confected. The atmosphere’s there when the performances generate them.

I also think the board need to appreciate the limitations of the club as a community & civic institution. They seem to want it to be everything to everyone, and whilst the intentions are good I think they need to find a more sustainable model of community engagement. Lincoln have a good community organising programme but that’s been built up over years, would be a decent example to follow but is definitely a long-term thing that needs to be well resourced.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Poojah
October 28, 2022, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Whatever happens they need to sort out something with the bar situation as they must be turning away thousands of pounds every game

It’s weird, because I didn’t think it’d been that bad. I can remember massive queues with about 3,500 in, in our original National League days, or even needing a bar pass thanks to Nick Dale, or not being allowed in from the lower at all for the odd Lincoln game.

But I can genuinely say I’ve not had an issue in the Trust bar this season. I usually rock up between 2:15 and 2:40 and have no trouble squeezing 2 or 3 pints in if I’m not driving back. Half-time we’ll generally take it in turns to head-in on around 42 or 43 minutes, but even then on a couple of occasions I’ve been able to walk straight up.

What’s not always been clear is whether the Dock’s fan zone will be open at half-time, or at least it wasn’t last season. Naturally it’s less appealing in December than in August, but I’ve never had an issue getting a pint in there and I prefer the beer, personally.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t find it especially bad. In any football ground there’s going to be a spike in demand at half-time and before big games (outside of hospitality at least) -  but I find the options in the Findus pretty decent for the level we’re at. The Trust deserve a lot of credit for that.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
DB
October 28, 2022, 6:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Yeah it took about half an hour or so, but if my opinion helps move this club forward then I am happy to help.

Surely it's obvious, so Town can monitor the demographic of those attending Town, % of female, % of junior etc.

Quoted from DB
What had the colour of my skin got to do with my support of Town?

Surely it's obvious, so Town can monitor the demographic of those attending Town, % of female, % of junior etc.

No, it is not obvious. I'm white, the guy to my right is black and the guy on my left is brown. We are all male varying in age and town supporters. So tell me why do they need to know the colour of the skin?

Sex, age range etc. yes as information on this will help the club provide facilities, but what different facilities will they provide for skin colour? A stupid question from an amateur questionaire.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
ska face
October 28, 2022, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from DB

Quoted from DB
What had the colour of my skin got to do with my support of Town?

No, it is not obvious. I'm white, the guy to my right is black and the guy on my left is brown. We are all male varying in age and town supporters. So tell me why do they need to know the colour of the skin?

Sex, age range etc. yes as information on this will help the club provide facilities, but what different facilities will they provide for skin colour? A stupid question from an amateur questionaire.

A good proportion of questions related to how the club interact with the community - it’s helpful to have a demographic breakdown of respondents because “the community” is not a homogenous block of people with the same interests, heritage, resources, etc.

It’s also not totally outlandish to suggest that the matchday experience of someone from an underrepresented group of people - BME, women, disabled, LGBT+, etc. - might differ from that of a 30-70 year-old white man.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
ginnywings
October 28, 2022, 7:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from ska face
Must be said, it’s very “on brand” for The Fishy for fans to be given a chance to moan, only for them to then moan that the mechanism for doing so doesn’t meet their exacting standards.

Just put n/a if you don’t want to answer, or give a neutral score. Took me about 20 mins last night.

Not much of note. Question about selling the stadium naming rights - no problem for me, at least with this board you can be fairly sure it won’t be renamed the “Adolf Hitler-Gary Glitter Memorial Dome” because someone’s waived £10k under their noses.

Questions about improving the atmosphere - don’t think there’s anything you can really do apart from improving the acoustics in the Pontoon & Upper by panelling the sides in. Anything beyond that and it all becomes a bit forced & confected. The atmosphere’s there when the performances generate them.

I also think the board need to appreciate the limitations of the club as a community & civic institution. They seem to want it to be everything to everyone, and whilst the intentions are good I think they need to find a more sustainable model of community engagement. Lincoln have a good community organising programme but that’s been built up over years, would be a decent example to follow but is definitely a long-term thing that needs to be well resourced.

Fair comment. Perhaps I shouldn't have tackled it first thing this morning. I'm not a morning person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
diehardmariner
October 28, 2022, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair comment. Perhaps I shouldn't have tackled it first thing this morning. I'm not a morning person.

Sod that. Moaning is a great pleasure.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
LH
October 28, 2022, 8:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,565
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from diehardmariner

Sod that. Moaning is a great pleasure.

This forum is built on a solid foundation of moaning.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Phil the cod
October 28, 2022, 9:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
There was no option for " can we change the shirts to rainbow unicorn colours" and the sausage rolls are too cheap, also the club shop is too large with too much choice and depth of stock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
TheRealJohnLewis
October 28, 2022, 9:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Phil the cod
There was no option for " can we change the shirts to rainbow unicorn colours" and the sausage rolls are too cheap, also the club shop is too large with too much choice and depth of stock.

Free text box...

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2022 Supporters Survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.