DB
October 27, 2022, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Seems to me he just has an opinion on a particular player, doesn’t make him an idiot. I’m not a big fan of Clifton but recognise I’m in a very small minority but suppose most on here think I’m an idiot for having that view.

The ability, or lack of it, of players has always divided opinions that’s why some Managers buy certain players that others wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. Arguments every weekend in our local about the qualities of players it’s part of being a football fan.

McAtee comes to mind immediately. Scunny didn't rate him and Hursty did. The rest is history.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 83
Poojah
October 27, 2022, 4:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,668
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from DB

McAtee comes to mind immediately. Scunny didn't rate him and Hursty did. The rest is history.

Have a look at our squad - very few were fancied as League Two players at the time of their arrival; the vast majority were either signed while in non-league, signed from non-league or here when Hurst arrived (second time around).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 83
MuddyWaters
October 27, 2022, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from monkeyboy
Dont get this love for Taylor at all.
Hes slow, cant hold the ball up for toffee
Cant win a header that much and when he does he gives a foul away.

I support whoever is on that pitch but its clear to see where we are failing.
None of the other strikers have had a run in the team yet but they get criticised.
Orsi or pepple given a run of games i think would be a huge improvement. they just need games.

Pick up the phone and give Hursty a call. Let him know that you know a 25 goal a season striker within our budget and, if you don’t, tell him you’re a Class 1 coach who can either a. make Taylor quicker or b. coach the midfield runners to be better without the ball and get closer to Taylor’s lay offs.

Private Message
Reply: 82 - 83
October 27, 2022, 8:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from monkeyboy

It about opinions. calling names shows your maturity. cretin.

So, in your answer you call him a name too, doesn't show you as being too mature does it?

Reply: 83 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.