9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Ashby mariner
October 25, 2022, 6:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
I really rat's Allan Connell has did most that first season in the conference. He scored some cracking goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 83
lukeo
October 25, 2022, 8:11am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
I live so far away yet feel so close to this group of players, they give 110% every game and seem united. Last season was unreal and it wasn't until the play offs I really noticed it.. The last time it felt like this was the season we got promoted with PH. For me I honestly think play offs are achievable even without a new striker coming in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 83
diehardmariner
October 25, 2022, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Whoever it is, you can pretty much guarantee most of us won't have heard of him.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 83
Hagrid
October 25, 2022, 9:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Agree with what was said about Liam Hearn, he was the best striker we've had since Reddy and would have gone on to much much higher things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 83
Maringer
October 25, 2022, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,649
Gold Stars: 189
I think Hearn would have scored a few at League 2 and perhaps could have done pretty well at League 1 level if he'd avoided injury. I don't think he had the pace to play any higher. As I say every time someone talks about him, he wasn't quick. He had good movement, very good close control and quick feet which often helped him get past defenders, but you didn't see him running away from many, even in Non-League.

That first season, it was remarkable how many he scored, given that it took him so many games to find the net for the first time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 83
Son of Cod
October 25, 2022, 1:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Not a striker, more of an AMC but wondering if anyone knows anything about Scott Pollock at Boston? 21 years old and 7 goals already this season.

Quoted from 140381
Langstaff will go to someone like Peterborough…

Can definitely see us in for Haughton, obvious replacement for McAtee.

Quoted from moosey_club
Dallas is still at Solihull isn't he.....If they don't look like hitting the play offs by January could he be tempted away ?

Yeah, agreed no chance we'll sign Langstaff. We won't be taking any contracted players from the top sides in the National League. Even those at Solihull are seemingly too expensive now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 83
Mariner_09
October 25, 2022, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Ridiculous he never played more than a handful of games in league two. Should have played much higher for over a decade. I know he had problems in his early twenties and ended up in prison, for defending his disabled mate I understand.

I didn't know that he had been inside. Without his injuries, I suspect he could've cut it at championship level.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 83
diehardmariner
October 25, 2022, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Hearn was ridiculously exciting during that Oct-Mar period.

But of his 27 league goals that season, how many do you think he scored against a side that finished in the top half of the table that season?  

Just 3 goals.  Solo strikes against Wrexham, Southport and Forest Green.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 83
Lost in Lincoln
October 25, 2022, 3:42pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Well, the owners have said that the aim is to improve with every transfer window, and we know PH thinks one or two areas still need a bit of attention. It's almost certain that one of those areas is up front, so I expect we will go all out to bring in someone suitable in January.

On that basis, it's hard to argue against the fact that we are very well stocked in midfield and defence, so maybe PH has someone in mind to bring in next summer?  Maybe even January, depending on how our season is going.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 83
Stew0_0
October 25, 2022, 4:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
Does anyone else think we already have the striker we need in Lewis Richardson?

As soon as he came on Saturday we instantly became more dynamic and got shots away often creating the chance himself with his quick feet and close control.

Think we should give him a regular start in the starting 11 till January before looking elsewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striker

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.