5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
October 24, 2022, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
It seems Barrow will be without most of their home end at their ironically named So Legal stadium, after some clown threw a firework onto the pitch in their Pizza Trophy game against Carlisle last week, exploding close to the Carlisle ‘keeper.

Having started well under Pete Wild, they now find themselves below Town in the table and third bottom in the form chart. They haven’t won in 5 in the league, going all the way back to 17th September. Their last win at home came before that. They are not happy campers up at Holker Street at the minute.

Our record there is pretty good, too. Since we dropped into the Conference in 2010, we’ve played 5, winning 3 and drawing twice. In fact, we’ve won our last 4 against them home and away, with our post 2010 record sitting at P-10 W-6 D-4 L-0.

What does all this mean? Well, not a lot really, other than that the conditions going into the game look favourable to a Town side really beginning to find its groove and with a seriously away record.

Barrow away isn’t the first one you tend to look for on the fixture list, but all things considered I’m looking forward to tomorrow night.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
October 24, 2022, 11:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Doubt we'll be seeing Efete as of an hour ago, he was at the hospital with Dave Moore
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Poojah
October 24, 2022, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Doubt we'll be seeing Efete as of an hour ago, he was at the hospital with Dave Moore

Presumably they’re not expecting a baby together?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
DB
October 24, 2022, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah
It seems Barrow will be without most of their home end at their ironically named So Legal stadium, after some clown threw a firework onto the pitch in their Pizza Trophy game against Carlisle last week, exploding close to the Carlisle ‘keeper.

Having started well under Pete Wild, they now find themselves below Town in the table and third bottom in the form chart. They haven’t won in 5 in the league, going all the way back to 17th September. Their last win at home came before that. They are not happy campers up at Holker Street at the minute.

Our record there is pretty good, too. Since we dropped into the Conference in 2010, we’ve played 5, winning 3 and drawing twice. In fact, we’ve won our last 4 against them home and away, with our post 2010 record sitting at P-10 W-6 D-4 L-0.

What does all this mean? Well, not a lot really, other than that the conditions going into the game look favourable to a Town side really beginning to find its groove and with a seriously away record.

Barrow away isn’t the first one you tend to look for on the fixture list, but all things considered I’m looking forward to tomorrow night.

I Checked the Barrow website, press and twitter and no mention of this. Is it speculation or hope?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Poojah
October 24, 2022, 11:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from DB

I Checked the Barrow website, press and twitter and no mention of this. Is it speculation or hope?

It’s in here:

https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2022/october/191022-club-statement-crowd-issues/

“In the interim, a section of Holker Street will be closed until further notice.”

The suggestion on the Barrow forum is that it will be the central section of the Holker End, their home end, which makes sense as this is where the firework was thrown from. Seems this is proactive action from the club, seemingly aimed at sparing themselves the worst of any sanctions to come.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Hagrid
October 24, 2022, 11:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Poojah

Presumably they’re not expecting a baby together?

who knows these days!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
OddShapedBalls
October 24, 2022, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Barrow away wasn't attractive when I lived in Cumbria, I tip my hat to all of those dedicated souls who make the trip from town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Lost in Lincoln
October 24, 2022, 12:24pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Barrow away wasn't attractive when I lived in Cumbria, I tip my hat to all of those dedicated souls who make the trip from town

I did it the first time we went after relegation - beautiful sunny day all the way to Penrith, then Baltic when we got to Barrow!

It's not a trip I'll be in a hurry to do again, especially on a Tuesday night!

Kudos to those that go though, hopefully you can bring 3 points home  

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 40
DB
October 24, 2022, 1:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

It’s in here:

https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2022/october/191022-club-statement-crowd-issues/

“In the interim, a section of Holker Street will be closed until further notice.”

The suggestion on the Barrow forum is that it will be the central section of the Holker End, their home end, which makes sense as this is where the firework was thrown from. Seems this is proactive action from the club, seemingly aimed at sparing themselves the worst of any sanctions to come.

Thanks for that.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
bradzmilne
October 24, 2022, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
Just booked a hotel round the corner from the ground for £30.

Makes the trip a little more appealing.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barrow tomorrow night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.