ginnywings
October 21, 2022, 7:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerMal

Why would labour/Keir Starmer being in charge be a terrible choice? An easy thing to say but do you have anything to back it up?

Prejudice and right-wing media bias probably.

This whole spiel of "things are bad but would be worse under Labour" is totally unfounded and is just people parroting what the papers and GB News tell them to think.

I really have no idea why people think it could get any worse than it is right now and that anyone could be as intellectually and morally lightweight as Liz Truss and the other morons in the Tory party. They literally could not have done a worse job than if they had set out deliberately to wreck the economy and the country. They are desperately clinging to power and putting themselves first and the country second.

I think it would be nigh on impossible for any moderately educated politician from another party to do any worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
chaos33
October 21, 2022, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Watching the amount of people saying they want Boris back has, depressingly, reminded me that there are massive numbers of f@cking morons in this nation.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
ginnywings
October 21, 2022, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33
Watching the amount of people saying they want Boris back has, depressingly, reminded me that there are massive numbers of f@cking morons in this nation.

Yep, and I personally know a few who have joined this collective madness and cult of Boris.

Can't afford to feed the kids or put the heating on but at least we are out of Europe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
aldi_01
October 21, 2022, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep, and I personally know a few who have joined this collective madness and cult of Boris.

Can't afford to feed the kids or put the heating on but at least we are out of Europe.

A highlight of these thick as mince idiots was a bloke at the school I worked at. He spent all day moaning about funding cuts, cost of living and all that jazz then said that the reason he voted for Boris and would support him because ‘he was like him’…I asked if he knew how children he had, had he sent death threats to colleagues, spent billions on projects that were/are completely unnecessary, pays little tax and is a multi millionaire racist…he said ‘no’…I laughed and just asked him to think about what he said…

We’re copulated, the voting public have proved they’re incapable of finding out the truth, they’ll believe the racist rhetoric masquerading as ‘national pride’ whilst seeing their benefits, cash flow dwindle whilst everything else continues to go up but it’s ok Becauee we’re out of that pesky EU…

Absolute bunch of fuckwits.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Maringer
October 21, 2022, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,659
Gold Stars: 189
Starmer is probably about where John Major was on the political spectrum, so shouldn't really be anything to scare the horses. Unfortunately, we're in a much more severe state even than when New Labour got into power and there is much more to recover. Starmer's centre-right policies aren't likely to be enough to do anything to stop the rot. Obviously, will still be better than anything the Tories would come up with, but the decline will continue.

I am not at all optimistic for the future, even if we get Labour into power in the near future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
ginnywings
October 21, 2022, 10:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
A little reminder of what Boris brings to the table and bear in mind that this is not an exhaustive list of his misdemeanours, but merely a hors d'oeuvre of what his legacy is.

The man is a complete sh1t and should be nowhere near a political party, never mind in charge of the country. It sickens me that he is even in the running... again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
scrumble
October 25, 2022, 8:21am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
First thought watching that video "Boris is Draco Malfoy"

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › looks like the lettuce has won

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.