Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 8,184 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2022, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Probably didn’t deserve anything out of the game. Gillingham pressed well, ran hard and we didn’t seem willing to make any changes to our team or shape.

I thought the decision to take Morris off not Holohan was strange, as was the decision to replace Kiernan with Wearne who I’m struggling to see the positives in, especially in comparison to JMD.

Credit to the team for getting a point. MoM…Andy Smith again.
Private Message
forza ivano
September 13, 2022, 10:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Smith? Really? Thought him, glennon and clifton were off their game, whilst holohan had sn absolute stinker.. motm was efete for me.was decent throughout the 90 mins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
Hagrid
September 13, 2022, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from forza ivano
Smith? Really? Thought him, glennon and clifton were off their game, whilst holohan had sn absolute stinker.. motm was efete for me.was decent throughout the 90 mins

Efete!?!?!?!

Smith was miles and miles clear of anyone on the pitch in a town shirt.
Best player on the pitch was the gills number 9
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
ginnywings
September 13, 2022, 10:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We were great for the first 8 or 9 minutes and we finally scored a first half goal and from a striker no less, but then I thought Gillingham were the better side for most of the following 80 mins and they gave us as stern a test as I have seen at BP for a while.

They controlled it better than us, passed it better than us, and kept possession better than us, but we fought and battled and came away with a point that could easily have been a defeat but for our resolute defence, who protected Crocombe admirably and I think he only really had one save of note to make.

We were a bit wobbly in the first half and gave away the ball countless times. The defence was a bit out of sorts at times too in the first half, but hardly put a foot wrong second half. Smith was again superb and Waterfall wasn't far behind.

Having said all that, we hit the bar and carved out a couple of decent opportunities second half and kept going like we do. We frustratingly made some poor decisions in the final third and I lost count of the amount of times their back line intercepted passes that could have caused problems if better directed. Kiernan was particularly bad for losing possession, but he worked his butt off to his credit.

There was a lot of moaning going on around me, but I thought we did well to get a draw, because they were much better than I expected, but lacked something around the box, which probably explains why they haven't scored much at all.

Most people seemed disappointed, but I enjoyed the game and it was a tough test that stood up to and could even have won with a bit of luck.

Richardson looks to be a player and will be very good when he toughens up a bit.

Smith my MOM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
MuddyWaters
September 13, 2022, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Efete!?!?!?!

Smith was miles and miles clear of anyone on the pitch in a town shirt.
Best player on the pitch was the gills number 9

Efete gave the ball away a lot tonight but not as much as Holohan.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
heppy88
September 13, 2022, 10:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Reminded me of Hurst mark one performance. You would have thought we were the underdogs tonight. Struggled to string any passes together after 30 minutes. Substitutions far too late to make an impact. Changes were needed at half time not with 20 minutes to go. An awful game to watch, but a point nevertheless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
wiggers
September 13, 2022, 10:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +469
Gold Stars: 11
Morris came off holding his calf, think he’s pulled it slightly by the looks of it. Holohan was poor this evening, worst game for town imo. Hunt showed some nice touches when he came on. Draw a fair result. Would be interested to see their goal again. Looked like a foul on the keeper…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
HerveJosse
September 13, 2022, 10:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
After all the incomings So far other then back four and our sole number 9 I have no idea what are best eleven is what system to play at home or what substitutions we should make. In particular don’t know where Hunt is going to play and how you are going to fit together so many midfield and wide players.Hopefully a pattern will emerge but I think it’s going to be hard going at home until Mcatees back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
HerveJosse
September 13, 2022, 10:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from forza ivano

Yes really!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
Mariner93er
September 13, 2022, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Think this shows how far we've come that were disappointed with our performance against what is actually a decent Gills team despite drawing, which I think is the fair result.

First half they were the better team but second half we were better I thought, especially for the first 20 mins or so. And actually, when you look at it, we created the better chances overall. Their second looked offside on Mariners TV but we got lucky with the first disallowed. Quite a few players off today but we still got a draw and our unbeaten run continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.