FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2022, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
On GO there was also a high-profile girl from Manchester who posted a lot.  She met up with some on the main posters. Somebody will recall her name.  

Remember her well.... though her user name not so much. Think it ended with "girl" but as to what it started with now, I'm at a loss

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 39
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2022, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The GO was always very interesting and clever.  With some in-depth discussions on cheese or the weather in Canada. (We had a fan there ).  And some lady-posters of distinction. Sadly missed.

Ncfc-chalky:  this site is always busy because we are so pleased that you let us beat you at home in the league and the playoffs.  😇😁. I think that you only had 3 home defeats last season, we were very pleased to inflict the majority.  You know that it makes sense!

The Canada poster was Kev Blyth ( an old schoolmate of mine from way back when )

We were still in touch until earlier this year on FB but he's had some health issues recently so has dropped his account on there

Hopefully he'll bounce back and who knows, might even be tempted to post here on the Fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 39
Poojah
September 12, 2022, 1:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Remember her well.... though her user name not so much. Think it ended with "girl" but as to what it started with now, I'm at a loss

gymgirl.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2022, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

gymgirl.

That's it Poojah

I was half right but just couldn't get the first part.... I blame it on my age  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 39
JudeKinsella
September 12, 2022, 4:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +17
Quoted from Trawler
Without wishing to come across all "we're massive", The Fishy must surely be the busiest club message board in L2?   I haven't done much research, (and Rob may be able to throw some light on this assertion), but a cursory glance at the boards of other clubs shows far more activity here than elsewhere (even Bratford's). We might not always agree with each other, but this forum is a thriving online community in comparison to those I have looked at, and for that I am grateful. There's always something of interest to read here or on non footy. It's been a constant GTFC presence in my life for years and years. Keep up the good work Rob, and other admins.  Long live the Fishy.

Can confirm -  as someone that has spent the last week interacting with L2 forums - this is by far the most active one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
DB
September 12, 2022, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from JudeKinsella

Can confirm -  as someone that has spent the last week interacting with L2 forums - this is by far the most active one.

As Tina Turner would say.............SIMPLY THE BEST, BETTER THAN ALL THE REST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM&list=OLAK5uy_kzaPee4kbpxPhX8cJAdK0fnSUU4pYpI8A

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
SteffiMariner
September 12, 2022, 4:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Didn't the GO shut down to some disagreement over a potentially racist remark? Goalkeeper (an american?) posted something that someone took offence to and it all went in to melt down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Maringer
September 12, 2022, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
The forum shut down for a while then restarted on a different messageboard. I had the odd look there from time to time but it was very quiet. I think most former posters probably didn't know about it coming back on a different location.

No idea if the original shutdown was for any reason in particular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
FishOutOfWater
September 12, 2022, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
The forum shut down for a while then restarted on a different messageboard. I had the odd look there from time to time but it was very quiet. I think most former posters probably didn't know about it coming back on a different location.

No idea if the original shutdown was for any reason in particular.

Looking back in the archives I found a post from "Golly" which might explain

It would appear the message board host (excoboard) is either no more or has serious technical issues.

So maybe similar to when Rivals went to the wall and the old Electronic Fishcake re-emerged as this site, The Fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 39
BenBB
September 13, 2022, 7:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 30
It's a good forum.

Wonder if we'll see a revamp in the future though, it's running on forum software that was [url=https://www.eblah.com/]officially discontinued in 2008[/url]! Can't be easy to keep that going Rob!

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This forum - a counterpoint

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.