4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Trawler
September 10, 2022, 9:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Without wishing to come across all "we're massive", The Fishy must surely be the busiest club message board in L2?   I haven't done much research, (and Rob may be able to throw some light on this assertion), but a cursory glance at the boards of other clubs shows far more activity here than elsewhere (even Bratford's). We might not always agree with each other, but this forum is a thriving online community in comparison to those I have looked at, and for that I am grateful. There's always something of interest to read here or on non footy. It's been a constant GTFC presence in my life for years and years. Keep up the good work Rob, and other admins.  Long live the Fishy.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimExile
September 10, 2022, 11:47am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
The normal few red x’s I see!! 😁😁 If you don’t like the Fishy and you can’t, otherwise why red X it, why are you on here? Asking for a friend!!!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
somersetmariner
September 10, 2022, 12:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
The only other message board i saw with good ‘action’ over the last decade or so was Luton’s board.
They were a grumpy lot when in the National league, rightly so !!

There have been some wonderfully insightful posters on the fishy over the years.

I have even miss one or two……

I love the fishy ! long live the fishy

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
Gaffer58
September 10, 2022, 12:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Talking of red crosses, the easiest way to get a load is to moan about receiving one for a certain comment, then just sit back and whatch them come flooding in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
aldi_01
September 10, 2022, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Gaffer58
Talking of red crosses, the easiest way to get a load is to moan about receiving one for a certain comment, then just sit back and whatch them come flooding in.

It took me ages to realise what they were. I wouldn’t even know how to see how many I’ve received. I’d be extremely upset should I receive more ticks than crosses.

I guess the forum has to cater for all and that includes the young and those desperate for some recognition I guess…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
Chrisblor
September 10, 2022, 1:04pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
Yeah we're massive

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Manchester Mariner
September 10, 2022, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
As someone who grew up in the message board/forum golden age The Fishy is probably my favourite which remains. The whole set up of social media doesn't really lend itself to actually generating any worthwhile discussion in my opinion.

Granted, I'm still bewildered by the penchant for adults to lose their minds on here about ticks and crosses.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 10, 2022, 2:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
When I look at other clubs forums ive never seen one as nice as the fishy, some of them look proper 1990s, and at our level theyre always alot less active. Im really glad the fishy is around think its a much better way to communicate than on social media which is somehow 10 times more miserable than the fishy ever gets  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 10, 2022, 2:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from aldi_01

It took me ages to realise what they were. I wouldn’t even know how to see how many I’ve received. I’d be extremely upset should I receive more ticks than crosses.…

Based on your historical posts I think you'll be ok.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
Macca_D
September 10, 2022, 4:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimExile
The normal few red x’s I see!! 😁😁 If you don’t like the Fishy and you can’t, otherwise why red X it, why are you on here? Asking for a friend!!!! #UTM

what's the obsession with red x ??? grown men taking it to heart and getting butt hurt   get a grip like
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This forum - a counterpoint

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.