Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 318 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 14,480 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
September 3, 2022, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Brilliant start away from home and now looking very promising for season head . Challenges now are first to find a system to break down teams who will come and defend and shithouse at Blundell Park and second to keep Hurst happy when others come knocking  on his door. Manage that and Division 1 is realistic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 77
chaos33
September 3, 2022, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from barralad
Saddo that I am I worked out that until today in eight visits to Newport I'd never even see Town score never mind win.
This team is going places. Composed, quick, neat with the ball, tenacious without it. Crocombe in total control of his box. Waterfall won everything in the air. Smith had Bogle in his pocket.
Good debut from Richardson.
Cracking shot for the first goal and another for an increasingly confident Harry Clifton-who was denied a second by a good save from the keeper.
Decent referee (N.B. Newport may disagree with that assertion).
Song of the day from the open air seats. Omar Bogle you chose the wrong team. Sorry to labour the point but I wouldn't have him instead of anyone we currently have.
Onward and upward.

Thanks Ian.

Was Bogle applauded by the Town fans and did he applaud us? Did Hursty greet him at all?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
lukeo
September 3, 2022, 6:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from chaos33

Thanks Ian.

Was Bogle applauded by the Town fans and did he applaud us? Did Hursty greet him at all?

No. No... Unsure. A couple of songs sang at him (for example your music is excrement etc). He totally ignored our existence, I'm sure if he even had a touch of the ball without falling over or even scored he may have chosen to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
barralad
September 3, 2022, 6:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from chaos33

Thanks Ian.

He wasn't applauded. Made no gestures at all towards us that I could see. I saw no interaction between him and Hurst but that doesn't mean there wasn't any..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
Mariner93er
September 3, 2022, 7:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Bogle did clap the town fans at the end when walking off to be fair to him. Didn't walk right up to us which is fair enough, but did make the effort which he really didn't have to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
FPVmariner
September 3, 2022, 7:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Well, an afternoon spent in traffic taking my Daughter back to Uni, nearly 5 hours from Northants to Egham and back.  I probably looked and sounded a right twãt screaming, shouting and laughing on the M25 car park but who cares.  Another fantastic result that I didn’t expect, fanbloomintastic 😊😊. Is it too early to dream?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
lukeo
September 3, 2022, 7:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Mariner93er
Bogle did clap the town fans at the end when walking off to be fair to him. Didn't walk right up to us which is fair enough, but did make the effort which he really didn't have to.

I must have missed that. I was to busy looking for Lionel Clifton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
Town Monkey
September 3, 2022, 7:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Just got home. Fantastic team performance and from where I was sat in the posh seats (long story) the Town fans were immense. Away support was actually 409!

Morris was fabulous in midfield closely followed by Holohan. Richardson and Simmonds looked skilful and showed some nice touches. Clifton was industrious and aside from the goal (god knows what the keeper was doing) actually had decent end product. Waterfall excellent as ever and bar a couple of moments Smith looked solid too.

Overall we bullied them and never let them settle. We weren’t troubled at all until the last 5 when they piled forward but Crocombe looked calm and assured.

Man of the match Morris but they all played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
TheRealJohnLewis
September 3, 2022, 7:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
It was soo good to see Bogle back to his old moaning, sulky self. On that showing, he wouldn't get near our team. He's never been a team player and never will.

Waterfall MotM for me, but the whole team was brilliant.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
golfer
September 3, 2022, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Did the ball cross the line ?  I asked 76 Grimsby Supporters and 42 from Newport.   The answer was 76 - 42 that it didn't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.