Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Documentary
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

Wrexham Documentary

This thread currently has 40,487 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
October 13, 2022, 4:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,826
Gold Stars: 42
Not watched any of the series but just watched the final episode on my lunch via the dodgy firestick. The one who isn't Deadpool is right, "you can't write it." Whilst I prefer to watch the BT Sport highlight package I'm glad we also got documented in a Disney series bunging up the works in the final act. I know loads of people from work and mates who have been watching it and talking about it so it's top for them to see Town at their best, even though the episode sort of skirts over some of our greatest goals of recent years and there's no mention of handball for that Wrexham goal, I think the Wrexham commentator even says it was 'smashed in' or something even though you can literally see it on the screen. Either way it gave me a great sense of pride once more to see again what happened that Saturday lunchtime in Wrexham.

It really is a great time to be a Town supporter, they should make a documentary about us.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 241
Les Brechin
October 13, 2022, 4:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,731
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

I'll send you my Disney login, you can buy me a pint 😀

You're on!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 241
Rodley Mariner
October 13, 2022, 5:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,280
Gold Stars: 186
Worth a Disney subscription solely for the super slo-mo of Waterfall running onto that header.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 241
Bristol Mariner
October 13, 2022, 7:11pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 241
jamesgtfc
October 13, 2022, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,113
Gold Stars: 191
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

The issue I have with this though is that the sponsors aren't buying into Wrexham, it's the pull of the Hollywood Two. Remove them and they aren't bothered.

Eye-watering figures though that should carry them through to League One at the very least. Fans will always back a positive and ambitious plan. The increase in attendances is very similar to what we've experienced here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 241
pontoonlew
October 13, 2022, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 182
I’ve watched it tonight and it does give you shivers watching it back. They’ve over engineered it though, they’ve taken the drama out of it by cutting away after every goal and Waterfalls goal does not get the Hollywood edit that it so very deserves.

I found myself nervous watching it, it’s well worth a watch and I completely get that the documentary isn’t about us.

A good documentary overall I thought, some terrible editing throughout but those two are really likeable, hiring Shaun Harvey is an absolute bollock dropped though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 241
scrumble
October 13, 2022, 9:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from pontoonlew
I found myself nervous watching it, it’s well worth a watch and I completely get that the documentary isn’t about us.

Absolutely mental that we know the result, and we've all watched the goals a dozen times over, and yet it still gets you going. Unsurprisingly they didn't mention how soft their first penalty was, or the handball for their goal, but did make a point of the penalty they should have had but didn't get.

Overall I've enjoyed the series, all be it with my finger on the skip button on occassion. I think its done a good job of explaining to an American audience just what a football club means to towns like ours. Wrexham is almost a carbon copy of Grimsby, similar sized towns that lost their major industries, and football clubs that have had similar fortunes.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 241
Poojah
October 13, 2022, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,065
Gold Stars: 1,543
Quoted from scrumble

Absolutely mental that we know the result, and we've all watched the goals a dozen times over, and yet it still gets you going. Unsurprisingly they didn't mention how soft their first penalty was, or the handball for their goal, but did make a point of the penalty they should have had but didn't get.

Overall I've enjoyed the series, all be it with my finger on the skip button on occassion. I think its done a good job of explaining to an American audience just what a football club means to towns like ours. Wrexham is almost a carbon copy of Grimsby, similar sized towns that lost their major industries, and football clubs that have had similar fortunes.

We’ve actually had it quite a bit better than Wrexham this side of the millennium, which gives you some semblance of just how rough it’s been for them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 241
ska face
October 13, 2022, 10:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,925
Gold Stars: 856
Fcking Magnolia Man couldn’t hack extra time! Must’ve felt worse watching it in the pub ffs. Hard not to feel a bit tight on the Wrexham fans, especially after their fundraising for the final, but what an absolute pair of helmets Shaun Harvey & Phil Parkinson are. Parkinson’s an arrogant ársehole who couldn’t get promoted with the biggest budget in the league & Harvey’s just an obsequious hanger-on.

You forget just how far above our normal level the team played for that playoff run, everyone seemed to find an extra 10% from somewhere and McAtee was unplayable in that semi.
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 241
aldi_01
October 13, 2022, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That bottle job watching extra time in the pub? Soft twit.

How parkinson still has a job is anyone’s guess, that point at half time, even the players know he’s full of excrement. Harvey is the ultimate parasite and the fact they can’t see it means I couldn’t give a flying intercourse and they deserve intercourse all.

It’s great the programme focussed on the community, at clubs like us and them that’s important but the editing makes it hard to watch. They missed a massive opportunity to demonstrate the juxtaposition often seen in football, but I guess that’s not what they were going for…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 241
25 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Documentary

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.