10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
August 20, 2022, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Maybe Grimsby should of had the 3 points especially with the 2 one on ones.

Thought Holahan  was industrious and Efete looked solid . I liked  Pepple's energy and drive when he came on 2nd half. Also thought  Luke Waterfall put a lot of endeavour in and I like him as a centre back  aside  from the glaring  mistake this afternoon.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 90
BrMarin
August 20, 2022, 6:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 33,
Taylor was isolated with no-one behind him and no pace or trickery out wide. It’ll be a long season if we don’t find a replacement for McAtee but it’s a difficult role to fill in the market we’re shopping in.

We got an amazing deal for McAtee. Should be able to sign a replacement and have plenty of cash leftover.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 90
Kris2
August 20, 2022, 6:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Very dull affair on all accounts, dopey officials that bought into every time a Sutton player threw themselves on the floor the second a town player got near them. One of those teams we never seem to do well against that play for an away point and go out to frustrate and slow the game down, we didn't help ourselves with the poor football we played though. Will have to watch the highlights to understand what the goal was disallowed for, it seemed more like the keeper fouled our player than anything.

Pepple should have scored, spent too long and too many touches looking for a tap in and botched it, should have curled it in after his first touch which looked a good one, he's a young player who will learn from that. Taylor's chance looked less easy but again took too many touches when he should have buried it. We really need to sign somebody who can take these chances because we won't have McAtee back for a while.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 90
LH
August 20, 2022, 6:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from BrMarin

We got an amazing deal for McAtee. Should be able to sign a replacement and have plenty of cash leftover.

I didn’t word it very well: every club in League Two wants a player like McAtee and there aren’t many of them about. We obviously can pay more than other clubs at this level for one with the deal we got but they’re rare.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 90
Lost in Lincoln
August 20, 2022, 7:10pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
A thoroughly forgettable afternoon, we could have nicked it at the end, but in truth it would have been more of a robbery than Rochdale was.

PH said it was the worst game of football he'd ever seen.. I have to disagree, some of the dross we've been served up over the years

Positives - a point and a clean sheet.. that's about it.

Forget it and move on, we've a free hit on Tuesday night - I'd love to see us have a real go at them right from the 1st whistle.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 90
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
August 20, 2022, 7:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
After just watching notts v chesterfield, I am even more troubled by what I witnessed this afternoon. We need to start playing football again and not just lowering ourselves to Suttons standard. We also need someone closer to Taylor from the start. I thought Pep definitely improved things but both one on one misses were poor

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 90
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
August 20, 2022, 7:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from BrMarin

Not sure the rumoured 200k is an amazing deal, we should have sold him once and for all and asked for double

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 90
newarkmariner
August 20, 2022, 7:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Rubbish game off football,rubbish ref who bought everything Sutton had for sale.
On a personnel note,sad too hear that Archie from the Blundell Park Hotel passed away,lovely man and matchdays wont be the same without his smile.RIP ARCHIE(sorry if its been mentioned before)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 90
Hagrid
August 20, 2022, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536

Not sure the rumoured 200k is an amazing deal, we should have sold him once and for all and asked for double

Which we wouldnt have been offered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 90
HerveJosse
August 20, 2022, 7:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Not to disappointed having read up about Sutton a team we have avoided until now I was not suprised how the game went . A marginally upmarket Bromley . Thought Peppke did well and Taylor must have been grateful to have a purpose in wrestling for the ball once Pepple was there. A game we would have easily lost in the past.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.