2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
DB
August 19, 2022, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
He had a talk with JMD and told him what he needs to do to get a starting place. Hurst didn't think McAtee would get many games before Christmas but will be back at Cheapside on Tuesday. Nobody back from injuries. He wants 4 more players if possible GK, Striker, Midfield and wide player! However, he says he'll wait till the end of the window in case we pick some injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ctyt5p

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
August 19, 2022, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DB
He had a talk with JMD and told him what he needs to do to get a starting place. Hurst didn't think McAtee would get many games before Christmas but will be back at Cheapside on Tuesday. Nobody back from injuries. He wants 4 more players if possible GK, Striker, Midfield and wide player! However, he says he'll wait till the end of the window in case we pick some injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ctyt5p

I listened to his comments about JMD and it sounded like he may not be getting a start anytime soon.

Looking at his record he has been at 10 clubs 6 on loan and has only played more than 18 games for 2 clubs.

Makes you wonder if he does have either an injury problem on some sort of attitude problem.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
ginnywings
August 19, 2022, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

I listened to his comments about JMD and it sounded like he may not be getting a start anytime soon.

Looking at his record he has been at 10 clubs 6 on loan and has only played more than 18 games for 2 clubs.

Makes you wonder if he does have either an injury problem on some sort of attitude problem.

Or neither and he's just not capable of doing the running Hurst demands.

If he had natural fitness as well as his obvious talents, he would be playing higher. Maybe we can get him to those levels, maybe not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
FPVmariner
August 19, 2022, 7:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
He just sounds so relaxed, gives thorough answers to the questions and seems to have a complete grasp on everything going on around him.  Matt’s also good at extracting information without being pushy or controversial.  A good listen.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 19, 2022, 7:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from FPVmariner
He just sounds so relaxed, gives thorough answers to the questions and seems to have a complete grasp on everything going on around him.  Matt’s also good at extracting information without being pushy or controversial.  A good listen.

Pffffffft it’ll never work

You need a combination of PowerPoint, a roll-neck and a ‘shut up’ for it to get you even a solitary point on a Saturday. Now, for those wanting 3 points, you’ll need climbing/electrician skills and connections in all the best fraudulent places .

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
FPVmariner
August 19, 2022, 8:49pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Pffffffft it’ll never work

You need a combination of PowerPoint, a roll-neck and a ‘shut up’ for it to get you even a solitary point on a Saturday. Now, for those wanting 3 points, you’ll need climbing/electrician skills and connections in all the best fraudulent places .

You nearly, very very nearly got a gold star.  However…… you forgot the flip chart in the centre circle.  You started on the front foot, we’ll done but I’m afraid it’s wizard to wānker for you 🤓
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
FPVmariner
August 19, 2022, 9:06pm
Beer Drinker
Ooh, started well, a red cross inside two minutes.  I’m trying to break a record here I’m aiming for 50………but……. I’m guessing that I’m chipping at the wrong victim, Fenty never had 50 disciples did he.  Can I ask the moderates to chip in with a few crosses please, it’d be disappointing if I have to use the racism, misogyny, religious, gender cards to hit the target.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
arryarryarry
August 19, 2022, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ginnywings

Or neither and he's just not capable of doing the running Hurst demands.

If he had natural fitness as well as his obvious talents, he would be playing higher. Maybe we can get him to those levels, maybe not.

So why so few games at other clubs, don't think Hurst was manager of them.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Heswall Mariner
August 19, 2022, 9:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
A gold star from me FPV - I reckon we could break the record here for the most red crosses. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
FPVmariner
August 19, 2022, 10:30pm
Beer Drinker
Heswell, I’m going for really nice bloke but come on mate, one gold offsets 7 reds.  You’re not helping my quest.  Still love the PH interviews mind
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
ginnywings
August 19, 2022, 10:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

So why so few games at other clubs, don't think Hurst was manager of them.

Same problem I'm guessing. Lots of skill but no work rate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
forza ivano
August 20, 2022, 1:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from arryarryarry

we don't often agree arryarryarry, but I don't think you're far wrong. There's a reason he's been  playing at NL level, despite the stats that show he makes a real impact.
A modern day Scott Nielson/ Dominic Vose / Scott Garner????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Pre match Sutton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.