Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, August 19, 2022, 5:41pm
He had a talk with JMD and told him what he needs to do to get a starting place. Hurst didn't think McAtee would get many games before Christmas but will be back at Cheapside on Tuesday. Nobody back from injuries. He wants 4 more players if possible GK, Striker, Midfield and wide player! However, he says he'll wait till the end of the window in case we pick some injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ctyt5p
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 19, 2022, 7:14pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from DB
He had a talk with JMD and told him what he needs to do to get a starting place. Hurst didn't think McAtee would get many games before Christmas but will be back at Cheapside on Tuesday. Nobody back from injuries. He wants 4 more players if possible GK, Striker, Midfield and wide player! However, he says he'll wait till the end of the window in case we pick some injuries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0ctyt5p

I listened to his comments about JMD and it sounded like he may not be getting a start anytime soon.

Looking at his record he has been at 10 clubs 6 on loan and has only played more than 18 games for 2 clubs.

Makes you wonder if he does have either an injury problem on some sort of attitude problem.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2022, 7:34pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from arryarryarry

I listened to his comments about JMD and it sounded like he may not be getting a start anytime soon.

Looking at his record he has been at 10 clubs 6 on loan and has only played more than 18 games for 2 clubs.

Makes you wonder if he does have either an injury problem on some sort of attitude problem.

Or neither and he's just not capable of doing the running Hurst demands.

If he had natural fitness as well as his obvious talents, he would be playing higher. Maybe we can get him to those levels, maybe not.
Posted by: FPVmariner, August 19, 2022, 7:35pm; Reply: 3
He just sounds so relaxed, gives thorough answers to the questions and seems to have a complete grasp on everything going on around him.  Matt’s also good at extracting information without being pushy or controversial.  A good listen.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 19, 2022, 7:55pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FPVmariner
He just sounds so relaxed, gives thorough answers to the questions and seems to have a complete grasp on everything going on around him.  Matt’s also good at extracting information without being pushy or controversial.  A good listen.

Pffffffft it’ll never work

You need a combination of PowerPoint, a roll-neck and a ‘shut up’ for it to get you even a solitary point on a Saturday. Now, for those wanting 3 points, you’ll need climbing/electrician skills and connections in all the best fraudulent places .
Posted by: FPVmariner, August 19, 2022, 8:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Pffffffft it’ll never work

You need a combination of PowerPoint, a roll-neck and a ‘shut up’ for it to get you even a solitary point on a Saturday. Now, for those wanting 3 points, you’ll need climbing/electrician skills and connections in all the best fraudulent places .

You nearly, very very nearly got a gold star.  However…… you forgot the flip chart in the centre circle.  You started on the front foot, we’ll done but I’m afraid it’s wizard to wānker for you 🤓
Posted by: FPVmariner, August 19, 2022, 9:06pm; Reply: 6
Ooh, started well, a red cross inside two minutes.  I’m trying to break a record here I’m aiming for 50………but……. I’m guessing that I’m chipping at the wrong victim, Fenty never had 50 disciples did he.  Can I ask the moderates to chip in with a few crosses please, it’d be disappointing if I have to use the racism, misogyny, religious, gender cards to hit the target.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 19, 2022, 9:21pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Or neither and he's just not capable of doing the running Hurst demands.

If he had natural fitness as well as his obvious talents, he would be playing higher. Maybe we can get him to those levels, maybe not.

So why so few games at other clubs, don't think Hurst was manager of them.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, August 19, 2022, 9:36pm; Reply: 8
A gold star from me FPV - I reckon we could break the record here for the most red crosses. UTM.
Posted by: FPVmariner, August 19, 2022, 10:30pm; Reply: 9
Heswell, I’m going for really nice bloke but come on mate, one gold offsets 7 reds.  You’re not helping my quest.  Still love the PH interviews mind
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2022, 10:36pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry

So why so few games at other clubs, don't think Hurst was manager of them.

Same problem I'm guessing. Lots of skill but no work rate.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 20, 2022, 1:27am; Reply: 11
Quoted from arryarryarry

we don't often agree arryarryarry, but I don't think you're far wrong. There's a reason he's been  playing at NL level, despite the stats that show he makes a real impact.
A modern day Scott Nielson/ Dominic Vose / Scott Garner????
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 2:20pm