aldi_01
August 14, 2022, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from TheultimateMariner
I think anyone who says the culture of a workplace doesn’t play a big part in wanting to be there is either well looked after in their workplace without realising it, or doesn’t have a clue.
I have an example extremely close to home. A few months ago I binned off a job that was paying me very well (for my age) because the management didn’t give a toss, offered no support and were never prepared to dig in and help staff out. We were just a number. I took a £10,000 pay cut to be at a job where I’m much happier and far worse off financially. But the job gives me more satisfaction, my manager always has my back, and my colleagues are brilliant.
It’s not all about the money in any walk of life.

I did exactly this…like I’ve said, not all footballers, like not all workers are obsessed with money.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 14, 2022, 3:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,909
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from TheultimateMariner
I think anyone who says the culture of a workplace doesn’t play a big part in wanting to be there is either well looked after in their workplace without realising it, or doesn’t have a clue.
I have an example extremely close to home. A few months ago I binned off a job that was paying me very well (for my age) because the management didn’t give a toss, offered no support and were never prepared to dig in and help staff out. We were just a number. I took a £10,000 pay cut to be at a job where I’m much happier and far worse off financially. But the job gives me more satisfaction, my manager always has my back, and my colleagues are brilliant.
It’s not all about the money in any walk of life.

I totally get this sentiment, and agree. But given a thought on it, this is where I see a LOT of premier league young/fringe players

You are earning around £10k a week working in an office but not earning any bonus’ due to not being allowed to work on sales. You have the opportunity to go and work in an office 200 miles away from where you are now currently. you work a 4 day week and there is the outside possibility of having to work a half day every now and again for a bit more money. Your office is pristine and has all the mod cons, great facilities and is close to where you live. The other company hasn’t had a lot of money available but gives you the chance to ‘hone’ your skills and work with a fresh set of people.

What do you do?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
August 14, 2022, 4:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I totally get this sentiment, and agree. But given a thought on it, this is where I see a LOT of premier league young/fringe players

You are earning around £10k a week working in an office but not earning any bonus’ due to not being allowed to work on sales. You have the opportunity to go and work in an office 200 miles away from where you are now currently. you work a 4 day week and there is the outside possibility of having to work a half day every now and again for a bit more money. Your office is pristine and has all the mod cons, great facilities and is close to where you live. The other company hasn’t had a lot of money available but gives you the chance to ‘hone’ your skills and work with a fresh set of people.

What do you do?

If I was on 10K a week, I would stay where I was.

Reply: 62 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 14, 2022, 9:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,909
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from 123614

If I was on 10K a week, I would stay where I was.

And that is exactly why the majority of young players at higher levels, won’t ever make that next step up. Why would they care when they can sit on their arses for £500k a year (without sponsorship/endorsements) and it’s no major loss to their clubs

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
aldi_01
August 14, 2022, 9:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And that is exactly why the majority of young players at higher levels, won’t ever make that next step up. Why would they care when they can sit on their arses for £500k a year (without sponsorship/endorsements) and it’s no major loss to their clubs

I’d argue it’s not a loss to the game either…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood - Guardian - 13.08.22

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.