1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
codcheeky
August 3, 2022, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Looking into installing some, has anyone on here had them fitted and are they worthwhile? With electric going to at least double in price are they a viable option, can anyone recommend a decent company.
Private Message
Maringer
August 3, 2022, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Can't recommend anyone personally, but you'll need some sort of battery storage to get anything like the whole benefit of the panels. I've heard that the feed in tariff is laughably small, and this will only be more so since the increase in energy costs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Limerick Mariner
August 3, 2022, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Maringer
Can't recommend anyone personally, but you'll need some sort of battery storage to get anything like the whole benefit of the panels. I've heard that the feed in tariff is laughably small, and this will only be more so since the increase in energy costs.

Yep, battery or thermal store, where you store the energy as heat - direct Solar to immersion for hot water or there are heat batteries available now as well - lookup Sunamp. You get more benefit if you have an Air Source Heat Pump as well which converts 1 unit of electrical energy into about 3 of heat. And then of course you can charge an EV for free when the sun shines.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
GollyGTFC
August 5, 2022, 9:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
I had some installed in 2014. It cut my grid electricity usage by 40% per year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Solar panels

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.