Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: codcheeky, August 3, 2022, 6:48pm
Looking into installing some, has anyone on here had them fitted and are they worthwhile? With electric going to at least double in price are they a viable option, can anyone recommend a decent company.
Posted by: Maringer, August 3, 2022, 7:06pm; Reply: 1
Can't recommend anyone personally, but you'll need some sort of battery storage to get anything like the whole benefit of the panels. I've heard that the feed in tariff is laughably small, and this will only be more so since the increase in energy costs.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 3, 2022, 9:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Maringer
Can't recommend anyone personally, but you'll need some sort of battery storage to get anything like the whole benefit of the panels. I've heard that the feed in tariff is laughably small, and this will only be more so since the increase in energy costs.

Yep, battery or thermal store, where you store the energy as heat - direct Solar to immersion for hot water or there are heat batteries available now as well - lookup Sunamp. You get more benefit if you have an Air Source Heat Pump as well which converts 1 unit of electrical energy into about 3 of heat. And then of course you can charge an EV for free when the sun shines.

Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 5, 2022, 9:18am; Reply: 3
I had some installed in 2014. It cut my grid electricity usage by 40% per year.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 8:43pm