2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
marinernige
July 24, 2022, 2:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Tweeted 'back soon' pictured in Town strip , then deleted.
Is there anything in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
July 24, 2022, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Who knows?...he's an habit of doing daft sh!t on twitter, and a lot of the time it's been reeks from his time with us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Abdul19
July 24, 2022, 4:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
It's understandable that he looks back so fondly on that time he played with James Morton and that French bloke from Forest in front of no crowds.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
ska face
July 24, 2022, 4:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Major deja vu with this, sure he’s done the same thing before not too long back. Imagine it’s one photo he likes & just so happens to be in a town kit.

Edit:

Here look - https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1624222442/s-0/

Can imagine he’s probably short on photos of him in a first team setting, wouldn’t look too much into it
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Croxton
July 24, 2022, 5:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
It's not just school kids and students who have had their academic and job training pathways trashed. Owen's demographic have had even less opportunity than normal to show what they can do in senior football. On top of that, he had to contend with the Holloway debacle and a long commute away from family and friends.

I thought he showed bags of potential as a No.9. Strong, pacy and keen to test the keeper. Having said that, all his loans have ended early for different reasons and he seems to have taken his release from West Brom to heart reading what the manager at Carlisle said.

Shame we had such a short pre season and Hurst is very much looking to bring in experience where he can. A week's training back with people he knows like Coke, Clifton, Waterfall, Ben Davies and Dave Moor might have helped him overcome his disappointment and homesickness. Who knows, he may end up at Walsall or Solihull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
toontown
July 24, 2022, 7:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Croxton
It's not just school kids and students who have had their academic and job training pathways trashed. Owen's demographic have had even less opportunity than normal to show what they can do in senior football. On top of that, he had to contend with the Holloway debacle and a long commute away from family and friends.

I thought he showed bags of potential as a No.9. Strong, pacy and keen to test the keeper. Having said that, all his loans have ended early for different reasons and he seems to have taken his release from West Brom to heart reading what the manager at Carlisle said.

Shame we had such a short pre season and Hurst is very much looking to bring in experience where he can. A week's training back with people he knows like Coke, Clifton, Waterfall, Ben Davies and Dave Moor might have helped him overcome his disappointment and homesickness. Who knows, he may end up at Walsall or Solihull.

What did the Carlisle manager say?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Croxton
July 24, 2022, 8:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from toontown

What did the Carlisle manager say?

https://cumbriacrack.com/2022/.....-albion/  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
jamesgtfc
July 24, 2022, 9:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Croxton

Understandable that, I'd imagine West Brom fed his ego when they signed him and then being told he's getting released probably did hit him hard.

He looked a bit tough around the edges but he did look promising to begin with. He might be the kind of character that would thrive under a less chaotic manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Croxton
July 24, 2022, 9:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Tenuous musical link warning:-

Whilst cogitating on Windsor's future and West Brom history, we Hillsborough residents have been enjoying an excellent set from Madness at the Tramlines Festival. Google tells me that they channelled Ska music along with the Two Tone label based in Coventry. Every day a school day!

In my ignorance I always wondered why Ska Face chose his moniker. Anyway, the crowd are singing Sweet Caroline followed by Five Hundred Miles and other anthems as the show winds down. Just as the rain stops. Good to hear the young 'uns having a good time finally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
ska face
July 24, 2022, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Croxton
Tenuous musical link warning:-

Whilst cogitating on Windsor's future and West Brom history, we Hillsborough residents have been enjoying an excellent set from Madness at the Tramlines Festival. Google tells me that they channelled Ska music along with the Two Tone label based in Coventry. Every day a school day!

In my ignorance I always wondered why Ska Face chose his moniker. Anyway, the crowd are singing Sweet Caroline followed by Five Hundred Miles and other anthems as the show winds down. Just as the rain stops. Good to hear the young 'uns having a good time finally.

I was just well into that style of music when I first started posting on GTFC forums and it’s just stuck since then really. That would’ve been on the old, old official site messageboard around 2003, so going back nearly 20 years now. Mental when you think about it.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Owen Windsor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.