2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Poojah
July 24, 2022, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Happy to share my story of overcoming faecal incompetence and illiteracy any time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
toontown
July 24, 2022, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks.

I do think that the mental affect on a young player who has been released from a premiership club is potentially massive. They go from big wages and an expectation of a career in the prem or maybe championship to suddenly having the real possibility that if it doesn't work out for them at their next lg1/lg2 club it could be their professional career over.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 25, 2022, 2:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Now that we have Brendan Kiernan who is a trained counsellor, and also a mentor to young players released by clubs, as well as Giles Coke, this is the sort of player we could take a punt on as they would have so much support
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 25, 2022, 7:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from toontown

Thanks.

I do think that the mental affect on a young player who has been released from a premiership club is potentially massive. They go from big wages and an expectation of a career in the prem or maybe championship to suddenly having the real possibility that if it doesn't work out for them at their next lg1/lg2 club it could be their professional career over.

It's easy to forget the lad is 20 years old, at 20 I was out most weekends pissing my wage packet up the wall after watching Town starting to tumble down the divisions, before snacking on a kebab late at night and then rolling out of bed on a Sunday to play five a side. These young lads are expected to be grow mentally very quickly, and not all of them can cope in the way more senior professionals would. Windsor was a kid plucked from the South West, thrust into a Premier League academy in the Midlands and ended up very quickly having three loan moves that clearly didn't turn out for whatever reason. I'm sure finding out he was getting released he probably felt his dream was crumbling. I agree with Paul Simpson, stay up in Carlisle, maybe play a bit, at least then he could put himself in the shop window, but sadly sounds like his head had gone.

I thought early doors he looked decent for us, he took his goal at Cheltenham very well, I very much doubt he will turn up here, I would imagine he will end up more closer to home and at NL / NL South level, either way I hope he gets sorted.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
ginnywings
July 25, 2022, 11:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Now that we have Brendan Kiernan who is a trained counsellor, and also a mentor to young players released by clubs, as well as Giles Coke, this is the sort of player we could take a punt on as they would have so much support

Hopefully he takes a leaf out of Kiernan's book and works his way back from rejection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Maringer
July 25, 2022, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,643
Gold Stars: 189
You'd think he'd be looking at getting himself set up somewhere such as Solihull if he's in that neck of the woods (assuming he can't get a League club around there). They've a good record of developing players who end up in the League, one way or another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
WetFlannel
July 29, 2022, 1:02am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Agreed with what people are saying RE: Windsor. Showed glimpses of potential here whilst not blowing anyone away and his record suggests it’s been similar elsewhere. I’d have no qualms with us taking a punt on a 20 year old with potential, who hasn’t proven himself yet. Could go either way of course, in five years he could be established in the Football League or playing in the tenth tier who knows. Worth a risk as a third/fourth option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 29, 2022, 9:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179

Isn’t Sean Scannell doing something in this area too?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Owen Windsor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.