Morris Minor
July 24, 2022, 8:03pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean that’s not true, perhaps your eyes can’t but your statement isn’t true…I assume you’ve never been to an away game either?

You enjoy your soulless experience and I’ll stick to what it’s actually about…

I have been to away games. I remember the game away at Huddersfield. Steve Bruce was their Manager at the time. Had a great seat in the main stand following a champagne reception and a lovely 3-course meal. I seem to remember the football wasn't too bad either!
Been to a few sh==e holes away but much prefer the hospitality tickets.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
aldi_01
July 24, 2022, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Morris Minor

I have been to away games. I remember the game away at Huddersfield. Steve Bruce was their Manager at the time. Had a great seat in the main stand following a champagne reception and a lovely 3-course meal. I seem to remember the football wasn't too bad either!
Been to a few sh==e holes away but much prefer the hospitality tickets.
UTM

Yet you can’t get in the Bill Carr suite…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
Morris Minor
July 24, 2022, 8:44pm

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Yet you can’t get in the Bill Carr suite…

Don't want to, it's the poor side of the ground. Minimum John Smith's boxes for me. Warm, dry and away from the groaners.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
GyMariner
July 24, 2022, 8:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
I sit in the ‘Bill Carr suite’ for home games purely because in recent times we haven’t had the greatest of atmospheres at home so prefer the comfort/hospitality side of things etc (along with the ease of a private parking space at the ground.) Away games are a totally different experience IMO where I’m more likely to go on the urine and make use of my voice  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
DB
July 25, 2022, 5:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Morris Minor

Don't want to, it's the poor side of the ground. Minimum John Smith's boxes for me. Warm, dry and away from the groaners.

UTM

You should be thankful for The Groaners", as you put it, for they are in the vast majority. If the groaners didn't buy season tickets, walk in and merchandising then the likes of you would not have a team to watch. The reason being there would be no income.

Shame on you Morris Minor. You should personally go and thank all The Groaners for without them you and the others in the Boxes would have to fork out about £1.5 million to help balance the books.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
OddShapedBalls
July 25, 2022, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
I love David's slight dig at the Fenty years there, effortlessly included in his statement.  I also thought his wife was called Jose -as in Mourinho- at first glance, not Jose....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
Morris Minor
July 26, 2022, 8:37am

Snakebite drinker
Quoted from DB

You should be thankful for The Groaners", as you put it, for they are in the vast majority. If the groaners didn't buy season tickets, walk in and merchandising then the likes of you would not have a team to watch. The reason being there would be no income.

Shame on you Morris Minor. You should personally go and thank all The Groaners for without them you and the others in the Boxes would have to fork out about £1.5 million to help balance the books.

HOSPITALITY - NO. 7 AT OLD TRAFFORD
Our award-winning and most premium hospitality package.

Sir Bobby Charlton Stand Matchday Hospitality ticket (STH 221- luxury, padded seat)
Champagne and canapés, premium dining menu and all-inclusive bar
Private table dining and hot drinks to take to stadium seats

Full package details
Seat View
per person
£1,750.00

Now you're talking, this is what football viewing is all about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Morris Minor

Sir Bobby Charlton Stand Matchday Hospitality ticket (STH 221- luxury, padded seat)

Full package details
Seat View
per person
£1,750.00

I've always found that the people who brag about how much money they have, often have very little. I bet you actually watch out of your bedroom window on Blundell Avenue don't you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
July 26, 2022, 9:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
God, is it Saturday yet? Roll on the new season, MM’s posts are the dullest wind-up attempt ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
Withnail
July 26, 2022, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Morris Minor

Full package details
Seat View
per person
£1,750.00

Reminds me of this match report I read last season...

Manchester United’s hospitality operation was in full flow on Saturday lunchtime.

Those well heeled enough to own a private box were treated to a starter of smoked salmon Benedict, a fancy fry-up containing — among other things — “maple drizzled bacon” for their main course, and a pear and peach strudel for dessert.

Club legends popped into the various boxes to say hello, as did magicians, a caricaturist and a “football freestyler”.

The most expensive private boxes, located in the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand, cost £210,000 a year. They are so expensive that customers are given the option of paying the yearly fee in instalments.

At what point, one wonders, do the owners of such boxes think: is this really worth it? The service, food and drink are good, of course, but what is being served up on the pitch is quite the opposite.

United may continue to brand themselves as the biggest club in the world, but the evidence on the pitch suggests that is not the case. Far from it. Can they even be considered an elite-level team any more?

For the odd 45-minute or 60-minute period they play well enough, show glimpses of promise, but then all of a sudden they look like a mediocre mish-mash of players who run into blind alleys or pass the ball sideways to avoid taking risks.

They have drawn three of their past four matches despite going ahead. Top teams, such as Manchester City, are mentally strong enough to hold on to leads.

Ronaldo hasn’t scored in six games for United...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The new "Bill Carr Suite"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.