Mariner_501
July 23, 2022, 3:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from pizzzza
Boycotting this one, B Teams playing in pre-season tour matches is just the thin end of the wedge. Whatever next?

Don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much at a joke which was aimed at my own view of something
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
lukeo
July 23, 2022, 5:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Since when did playing Tenerife B get you 3 points on a Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
buckstown
July 23, 2022, 9:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

A reasonable probability there is a Town fan there on his honeymoon - he’ll be swearing blue in the face that he didn’t know Town were playing a fixture there when the honeymoon was booked - and his new wife won’t believe him…the first little crack in her trust of him, and he feels the first niggle of injustice…

When we lived in the north east in the early 80's, I looked at the fixture list and spotted we were playing Carlisle. On the Monday I said lets have a day out at the weekend, get away from all the work we've being doing on the house. Nice idea she said, where to? Not sure, let me ask the boys at work for recommendations. On Wednesday I said "apparently Carlisle is quite nice and only 60 miles along the A69"
On the Friday I said "you'll never guess, and this is a stunning coincidence but...". We are still together
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
RonMariner
July 23, 2022, 12:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from buckstown

When we lived in the north east in the early 80's, I looked at the fixture list and spotted we were playing Carlisle. On the Monday I said lets have a day out at the weekend, get away from all the work we've being doing on the house. Nice idea she said, where to? Not sure, let me ask the boys at work for recommendations. On Wednesday I said "apparently Carlisle is quite nice and only 60 miles along the A69"
On the Friday I said "you'll never guess, and this is a stunning coincidence but...". We are still together

Naughty, naughty.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
Croxton
July 23, 2022, 1:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Rayo Vallecano were promoted from CD Tenerife's Segunda Division last season. I saw them play SWFC this week. They were excellent. The Hillsborough pitch was lush and both teams started slowly with plenty of tippy tappy and touches for the keeper. As the tempo quickened it was noticeable that it was Wednesday who lost a little cohesion, accuracy and control. Vallecano's players always seemed to have instant control, more options in possession and the right weight of pass.

Not a great gulf in class but another demonstration that our game still relies on a measure of huff and puff. Alex Hunt only played about twelve minutes at the end but showed all his awareness, energy and incisive passing. Sadly for him, Wednesday were showing off two more new midfielders so expect him to be available soon.

Rayo Vallecano's scorer, Randy Nteka, was impressive. Signed last season on a five year contract! If they signed Jack Diamond would it be forever?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
buckstown
July 23, 2022, 1:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
Debbie said we weren’t playing any matches in her recent interview
Surely they can’t have sorted it at such short notice?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
aldi_01
July 23, 2022, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from buckstown

I’d imagine it’s pretty easy to sort a match. You’d imagine all the players probably live in or around Santa Cruz and then their season starts later than ours so probably grateful of the game.

I guess if you’re a player there’s also a slight glimmer that if you impress that you might find your way in to the English game?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
Davec
July 23, 2022, 2:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I would assume this is a training game/behind closed doors so really as stated above this could be arranged within a few days. Late decision perhaps made after Debbie Cook's interview
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
DB
July 23, 2022, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from buckstown

Email / telephone

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
FPVmariner
July 23, 2022, 3:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
It’s a Tenerife at Orient as well isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CD Tenerife B

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.