ex-merseymariner
July 26, 2022, 6:02am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from buckstown
It seems extraordinary that he's got a two year deal at a league one club, but maybe he's improved and developed. He came on as a second half sub in their friendly against Sunderland and the fans thought he had a significant impact.
If I see that Montel has signed for a championship club I'm giving up on football as I've clearly lost the plot

Unless it's Hull, as that would be funny, or anywhere Runaway rocks up as manager/director of football/head of recruitment/chairman's bezzie mate

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
GrimPol
July 26, 2022, 2:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -786
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from TheultimateMariner

Absolutely not true! I know you’re probably one of Fenty’s acolytes, however I believe Holloway jumped ship because his business plan with Fenty got outed by the local media. I’m sure he would have stayed until (if) he was sacked if the May fiasco didn’t come out

Strange about the way Holloway took umbrage ." Holloway blamed the “inappropriate” actions of the club’s prospective new owners as the main reason for his decision" it said in the media.  I can't remember JF making a fuss at all.
I just think GTFC dropped to position 20, he had an excuse (poor one) and he was off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
RichMariner
July 26, 2022, 3:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
To my knowledge, no one ever asked Holloway directly whether he was aware of Alex May's proposed involvement before the Telegraph blew the issue wide open.

As a board member, I'm almost certain he did. He must have known.

Therefore, Holloway was an enabler, and complicit in attracting a convicted fraudster to the club. But he was able to avoid that line of questioning as Fenty was the main talking point on that issue.

Essentially he hid behind Fenty and claimed that he only came to Grimsby for the football.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
aldi_01
July 26, 2022, 3:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from RichMariner
To my knowledge, no one ever asked Holloway directly whether he was aware of Alex May's proposed involvement before the Telegraph blew the issue wide open.

Therefore, Holloway was an enabler, and complicit in attracting a convicted fraudster to the club. But he was able to avoid that line of questioning as Fenty was the main talking point on that issue.

Essentially he hid behind Fenty and claimed that he only came to Grimsby for the football.

Guess we can add liar to the list of things he is then…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
Maringer
July 26, 2022, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from aldi_01

Guess we can add liar to the list of things he is then…

I thought that was already on the list?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 27, 2022, 12:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RichMariner

It's pretty hard to be questioned when you disappear and surround yourself with journalists on Sky Sports News that think you're funny and daren't ask a probing question.

He knew about it alright, he avoided the first initial questions and as he saw the heat rising, he rode off into the sunset but was ocassionally seen doing his weekly shop in Tesco wearing his town clobber whilst Hurst dealt with sorting out his mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
RonMariner
July 27, 2022, 12:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,791
Gold Stars: 226
Though I am not one for conspiracy theories generally, I think Poojar's analysis of events is the most credible so far put forward.  It seems to fit all the known facts.

Thank Christ they have all gone.

Thank goodness for the tyre kickers.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alhagi Touray sisay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.