9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
July 24, 2022, 12:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
It seems Sisay has done really well on trial at Stanley and the majority of their fans are literally wanking over him, it would appear he looks a class above whilst on trial.

Wonder if he signs he will be able to replicate that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
Abdul19
July 24, 2022, 12:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec
the majority of their fans are literally wanking over him

Crikey  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
aldi_01
July 24, 2022, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Davec
It seems Sisay has done really well on trial at Stanley and the majority of their fans are literally wanking over him, it would appear he looks a class above whilst on trial.

Wonder if he signs he will be able to replicate that.

A crowd made up of Ray Charles and Stevie wonder I see…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
Maringer
July 24, 2022, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,645
Gold Stars: 189
I find the use of the word 'literally', literally disturbing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
Grimsby2012
July 24, 2022, 7:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Davec
majority of their fans are literally wanking over him.

Accrington do like their milk

Who are they

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
Mayaman
July 24, 2022, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Poojah

Nope. Jolley was sacked on the 18th November and Holloway appointed some 43 days later on NYE. If Holloway was interested for football reasons, why did it take nearly a month and a half for contact to be made and a deal reached?

Why on earth would Holloway, a multi-millionaire who has twice won promotion to the Premier League, based in Bristol, want to join Grimsby Town, a club 230 miles away that had spent its entire time back in League Two stagnating in the bottom third of the division, and with a playing budget befitting such a lowly status? It doesn’t make sense, does it? It can’t have been due to whatever measly salary we’d have been paying him, can it?

So what could it have been then? Let’s retrace our steps a moment. What was Fenty’s greatest motivation? He wanted his legacy, a new stadium delivered by him with his statue outside. Except every time he tried, he’d failed. For all the bluster, he had no idea how to finance the construction of a new ground.

And then one day, Fenty’s prayers are answered. Someone knocks on his door, claiming to hold all the financial keys required to unlock the rising of the Fentydome from the soil. There was just one problem; that person was Alex May, director of Tram Sports; a serially convicted and repeatedly jailed fraudster. Notts County fans, no virgins to dodgy takeovers themselves, had hounded him out of town in July 2019, only a few months earlier. And it wouldn’t wash with Town fans either. Or would it?

If you’re John Fenty, who even in the winter of 2019, was not doing too well in the approval ratings amongst Town fans, how do you convince the fan base that accepting significant investment from a consortium led by such a tremendously dodgy character is in the best interests of the club. Answer; you don’t - you get someone else to do it for you. And who better to do it than celebrity manager and professional sweet talker Ian Scott Holloway?

So Holloway arrives that fateful New Year’s Eve to quite the fanfare, with promises of joining the board, investing his own hard-earned cash and with the proclamation that “I’ve got a funny feeling you’re going to get that new stadium”. What could have given him that feeling?

So there’s the plan. He lands at Blundell Park on a massive charm offensive. An effective one too, if truth be told. He’s given budget to bring in new, better players that seemingly hadn’t been there for Jolley in the summer. Form picks up, Holloway is seen fraternising with all kinds of local groups and is hailed as the new messiah. Town fans hanging on his every word. Christ, even Fenty was getting his “credit where it’s due”, which tells you something about the mood-changing power of Holloway’s appointment.

Everything was perfect. Set-up beautifully so that when news broke of our unscrupulous suitors, Holloway was poised and ready to bat any fears away and dismiss concerns as being out of touch. “Look, I know football, I’ve worked for good owners and bad owners. I know what I’m talking about, and these guys are the real deal. The future of this club has never looked better”, he’d say, going off on a massive tangent half way through.

But then, somewhat ironically, just as the ink had been drying on his contract that cold December evening when he first rocked up to BP, someone was shagging a pangolin in downtown Wuhan. As butterfly effects go, this one was pretty big. The world suddenly shuts down in the biggest health and economic crisis in a century and all of a sudden May hasn’t got access to the finances needed to get his ‘investment’ over the line. At least not for now.

So when the football world finally begins to awake from its Covid hibernation, we’ve got a markedly different Holloway. Pre-season training starts late, we have only one pre-season friendly and his signings are lazy and for the most part absolutely hopeless. He seems confused and disinterested. His reason for being here, ergo a tidy payday for his crucial part in getting the May deal over the line, is effectively null and void.

And yet he’s stuck here. He has no good reason to hand his card in, and so he spends the next five months going through the motions, with complete disdain for the fans he claimed brought him here in the first place. He doesn’t want to be here, and it begins to show. The mask starts to slip.

Then it transpires that his investment of £100k to join the board was never made. In typical fashion, he brushes any suspicions aside. “I’ll be investing the money when my house in Bristol is sold”, he says, as if a man of his wealth doesn’t have access to £100k in liquid cash. Except his house was never up for sale. That money was only going in via his cut from the May deal.

And just as it appeared the May deal might be back on, it was off again. The May news breaks unofficially, with neither Holloway or Fenty (in particular) holding enough good will to suppress the ill feeling from the fans. The deal is dead, along with Fenty’s tenure at the club. Any chance of Holloway’s payday has gone up in thin air, and so he concocts a story about not being able to work with the new owners as they have attempted to make “inappropriate contact” with him, and makes his exit at the first opportunity.

Fúcking good job we had such fantastic new owners waiting in the wings, else that series of events could have all but killed the club. Count your blessings and never forget.

For God's sake Poojah, take over the reporting of all things Town.  Such eloquent writing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 86
jamesgtfc
July 24, 2022, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mayaman

For God's sake Poojah, take over the reporting of all things Town.  Such eloquent writing.

He would definitely make navigating adverts on Grimsby Live much more appealing. It might even make me tolerate watching Luke Green frying eggs on his car and getting lost in a 5 acre maize maze too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
BulkyMariner
July 25, 2022, 6:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 7
Just signed for Accrington. I'm gobsmacked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
Northbank Mariner
July 25, 2022, 6:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
And, not just him, Montel Gibson is slamming them in for Ilkeston right now...think Sissay will struggle though, it's okay doing it the Welsh league, even in friendlies, but once he's upon against competitive defenders he'll be found seriously wanting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
Poojah
July 25, 2022, 6:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Two year deal 'n all. Absolutely mind-boggling.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alhagi Touray sisay

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.