Sandford1981
July 13, 2022, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
Appreciate the comment Sandford but  still genuinely feel if Robb took the cumulative like/ dislike button off regardless if you can turn it off or on this forum would be so much better .

There's some good people on here and even the ones I don't always agree with I still share something common with and that is a interest in Grimsby Town football club. And then there is that saying as well which is golden eg you can only judge someone unless you have been in their shoes. Hence there's reasons for why people are the way they are.

Someone has red crossed my previous post, I’ve offered my opinion and someone doesn’t like it, or the way I expressed it. Fair play and I won’t give it much more thought.
Although well intentioned on your part, your solution wouldn’t solve the problem either, or at least not totally anyway.
All of what you list as the negative effects of it can be achieved through replying with a direct message.
If I were you I would effect the change you can make yourself (and switch it off) and effectively you’ve achieved part of your aim at least.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Chrisblor
July 13, 2022, 9:12am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,932
Gold Stars: 238
Being able to put a red cross against some of the shite people post on here is good actually, cheers.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
louth_in_the_south
July 13, 2022, 10:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I take it as a badge of honour when I get a bag full of X’s so I object to such a sh.it idea

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
Son of Cod
July 13, 2022, 11:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from diehardmariner

But if you take it off then it isn't there for you to see.  

You can see it if you then open The Fishy up in an Incognito browser, which I never do because I'm definitely not bothered about it at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
chaos33
July 13, 2022, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361

I think some posters are a little on edge at present about the lack of centre midfielders so I wouldn’t take it personally. It’s nothing to worry about though as we will sign someone - be it loan or perm.

I had a minor meltdown on the non-football forum the other day and I can sense that Humbercod is very upset about missing out on Dom Telford.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2022, 12:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,909
Gold Stars: 180
Maybe it should be an ‘opt in’ rather than ‘opt out’ if it’s gonna bother people that much

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
GYinScuntland
July 13, 2022, 12:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Rick12
I feel GrimRob should get rid of the cumulative like /dislike counter. At times this forum is starting to feel like gangs eg your the left side of politics and your the right side of politics eg your my friend or your not my friend and Iam going to give you a like or dislike more or less based on that as opposed to what you really post.  I know there is a button that you can turn this feature off but it's still a major flaw with this forum.

I doubt Robb will change it but I feel it seriously undermines this forum big style. I sense this forum for some is a lifeline eg acts as form of community . I know Facebook and Instagram have followed suit as well eg giving you the option to hide the like/ dislike button over concerns on people's well being.

I actually thought it was more along the lines of agree/disagree with a post but anyway...
Too many people these days are coming away from schools, colleges, universities with a huge sense of self entitlement instilled into them.
So much so that they cannot take or even understand the fact that their own point of view might or even should be challenged and that's why we now have the so called cancel culture.
Where once young men drove Spitfires and took shelter in trenches at the sound of bombs we now have young men who possibly don't even identify as men crying in their safe spaces and sobbing because someone else has the audacity to have a different opinion.
Yes the cancel culture seems to have reached the Fishy Forum,  I don't like my feelings being hurt so keep me safe from all those nasty people who red cross my posts.
What a load of balderdash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 12:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Too many people these days are coming away from schools, colleges, universities with a huge sense of self entitlement instilled into them.
So much so that they cannot take or even understand the fact that their own point of view might or even should be challenged and that's why we now have the so called cancel culture.
Where once young men drove Spitfires and took shelter in trenches at the sound of bombs we now have young men who possibly don't even identify as men crying in their safe spaces and sobbing because someone else has the audacity to have a different opinion.
Yes the cancel culture seems to have reached the Fishy Forum,  I don't like my feelings being hurt so keep me safe from all those nasty people who red cross my posts.
What a load of balderdash.
I get where your coming from and agree to a fair degree but feel some things like politics can warp people's agendas. As someone once told me with religion and politics you can't discuss as it's so decisive and indeed people are getting murdered all over the world now,and throughout history for these differing views .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Grimsby2012
July 13, 2022, 12:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I blocked the red crosses years ago.

Far to many people on here seeking green crosses and giving red crosses for no reason.  A mix bunch of sad individuals unfortunately.

Still. Its just a red or green tick. Never really bothered me but I chose to block them as they serve to purpose to me or my opinions.

Plus. Its fairly easy to see through the forum code who has disliked comments. It shocked me really....

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
diehardmariner
July 13, 2022, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Son of Cod

You can see it if you then open The Fishy up in an Incognito browser, which I never do because I'm definitely not bothered about it at all.

Won't that just be because you're logged out?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Improvements to the fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.