June 20, 2022, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Long throw aside,

But that's like saying crossing aside I don't think Beckham offers much going forward. It's an integral part of the game/ croppers game.

We WILL get throws in the opposition half so Cropper will undoubtedly be effective offensively.

I agree he isn't stand out good at some of the other aspects but he will still offer a strong attacking option
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Mikey_345

Bit unfair on Cropper I think, especially when he’d been out for a while when he signed but slotted straight in. Didn’t let us down and did well against some strong wingers.

All about opinions I guess. I just don't think he's that good - long throw aside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
forza ivano
June 20, 2022, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266

All about opinions I guess. I just don't think he's that good - long throw aside.

i tend to agree with you, think Efete is a much better player. However given his injuries and lack of playing time, Hurst may see a lot more potential in Cropper than we've seen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
But he doesn't pin the opposition's wingers and full backs back like Efete does, or get involved with neat triangles around the box with Taylor and McAtee and then burst into the box like him either.

Prior to the play-offs I don't think any of his throws came to anything did they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

i tend to agree with you, think Efete is a much better player. However given his injuries and lack of playing time, Hurst may see a lot more potential in Cropper than we've seen

Yeah, I'm not against him being backup and/or a super-sub when chasing an equaliser or winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
jamesgtfc
June 20, 2022, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Long throw aside, I'm not convinced Cropper is that good defensively or offensively. If he stays as back-up then I'm happy enough, but I wouldn't be that bothered if he left.

The only ones I'm really hoping will stay now are Harry and Ryan Taylor and maybe Amos. The rest who have been offered renewals I'm not too bothered either way.

There is a very strong argument that we only got promoted because of Cropper. Without his throws, the first 2 of those play-off games almost certainly go to penalties and the last 9 minutes of the final pan out completely different.

Cropper came to us in March on the back of injury hell so I think if he can get a full pre-season behind him, he will be a much better player. With pre-season about to start, I suspect he knows that himself and won't want to be looking for a club at the beginning of July.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

There is a very strong argument that we only got promoted because of Cropper. Without his throws, the first 2 of those play-off games almost certainly go to penalties and the last 9 minutes of the final pan out completely different.

True, but you could equally argue that if he hadn't been out-jumped for one of Wrexham's goals then we might not of needed extra time. Or if Efete hadn't scored the goals he did then we might not have made the play-offs.

Like I've said above, I've no major issue with us keeping him on. I just don't think he gets in the team if Efete is fit and on form.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
lukeo
June 20, 2022, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Good sign well done. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 7:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Be happy to have both of them in the squad.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
ginnywings
June 20, 2022, 7:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The thing Cropper has on his side is his age. Think he's only just 21 and was signed by Burnley from Ilkeston at a young age, but has never really pushed on for whatever reason, possibly injuries. Hurst has probably watched his progress having been Ilkeston manager and having contacts there. Seems he can also play right midfield and scored a few goals in his younger days.

He may well turn out to be a good prospect with fitness issues sorted and regular games.

For me though, he is currently behind Efete, who is a better player than some are suggesting IMO. Hurst has said he has massive potential and just needs to believe in himself more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michee Efete signs 2 year deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.