6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
June 20, 2022, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

Always good to have players signed up, but then they have to perform to a certain standard. If they fail to deliver the goods in the first season then we are stuck with an underperforming player for another season.

That was my first thought. We have an all new attacking option which has provided brilliant results, but where does that leave Cropper if Efete has signed. You can only play one right back.

Personally I think Cropper is a bigger asset for the club going forward.

With Efete getting a 2 year deal, I assume Cropper has been offered a 1 year deal which, given his injury record over the last couple of years is probably the best he can hope for this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 6:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,795
Gold Stars: 226
Maybe Efete will play further forward as a winger? With Cropper playing behind as full back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
ginnywings
June 20, 2022, 6:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Or we just have 2 right backs as we will need 2 players for every position.

Competition for places is normal and Cropper will know that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
Mikey_345
June 20, 2022, 6:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,531
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from ginnywings

As I said elsewhere Croppers going to know he’s guaranteed being in the 18 man match day squad. With 7 on the bench and 5 possible subs, that throw is a real asset to have off the bench of chasing a game.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
Poojah
June 20, 2022, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ginnywings

Plenty of evidence of players permanently displacing others last season too, if they are able to offer up superior performances to others. Crocombe, Amos and Scannell (up to his injury), plus it’s easy to forget now that Waterfall didn’t start the season first choice.

I see no reason for Cropper to be put out by Efete signing a new deal, and unless he’s got other offers from league clubs offering him a seemingly better chance of a first choice berth then I doubt today’s news will have any bearing on his decision.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
June 20, 2022, 6:52pm
Guest User
Gr8 player, ace news.
Reply: 25 - 54
toontown
June 20, 2022, 6:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70

Always good to have players signed up, but then they have to perform to a certain standard. If they fail to deliver the goods in the first season then we are stuck with an underperforming player for another season.

That was my first thought. We have an all new attacking option which has provided brilliant results, but where does that leave Cropper if Efete has signed. You can only play one right back.

Personally I think Cropper is a bigger asset for the club going forward.

Yeah I am very much 'shrug' about effete. I think he's good at some things not so much at others, wouldn't have bothered me if he'd left. He is good in the air for a full back though, maybe the best right back for us would be Cropper throwing to Efete in the box to nod in!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Long throw aside, I'm not convinced Cropper is that good defensively or offensively. If he stays as back-up then I'm happy enough, but I wouldn't be that bothered if he left.

The only ones I'm really hoping will stay now are Harry and Ryan Taylor and maybe Amos. The rest who have been offered renewals I'm not too bothered either way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Mikey_345
June 20, 2022, 7:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,531
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Long throw aside, I'm not convinced Cropper is that good defensively or offensively. If he stays as back-up then I'm happy enough, but I wouldn't be that bothered if he left.

The only ones I'm really hoping will stay now are Harry and Ryan Taylor and maybe Amos. The rest who have been offered renewals I'm not too bothered either way.

Bit unfair on Cropper I think, especially when he’d been out for a while when he signed but slotted straight in. Didn’t let us down and did well against some strong wingers.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
June 20, 2022, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from toontown

Yeah I am very much 'shrug' about effete. I think he's good at some things not so much at others, wouldn't have bothered me if he'd left. He is good in the air for a full back though, maybe the best right back for us would be Cropper throwing to Efete in the box to nod in!

When did we last have a right-back who scored 4 goals whilst at the same time missing a decent chunk of the season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michee Efete signs 2 year deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.