3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
June 9, 2022, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Charles Vernam hasn't resigned for Bradford, would he make a decent No9?

https://www.thetelegraphandarg.....ont-hold-back-plans/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hurstomariner
June 9, 2022, 9:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -78
Gold Stars: 2
I would put vernam on the radar for signing , very good player and local boy aswell .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 9, 2022, 10:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
I would imagine he is going to League One, he came on quite strong towards the end of the year. Last time I checked Bradford were one of the favourites for promotion with Mark Hughes in charge so if he's not wanting to stay there I can't see him coming back to us. Would be nice though.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
forza ivano
June 9, 2022, 10:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I would imagine he is going to League One, he came on quite strong towards the end of the year. Last time I checked Bradford were one of the favourites for promotion with Mark Hughes in charge so if he's not wanting to stay there I can't see him coming back to us. Would be nice though.

Shurely Shume Mishtake? It should read 'DESPITE Mark Hughes being in charge!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
petethemariner
June 9, 2022, 10:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
IMO Vernam is not an out  and out striker, more of a McAtee type player and i dont really see how you could fit both in the side, i feel sure most would say McAtee is the better player, Vernam scores the odd 'worldy' but often goes missing in games, which McAtee doesnt.
Even if he wanted to come back, he would be a no for me, unless McAtee moves up the leagues (which i hope isnt the case)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
diehardmariner
June 9, 2022, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
To be fair to Hughes, he did alright there back end of last season.  Certainly better than I expected him to do so.  

He won't have gone there for shits and giggles, they'll invest heavily this season.

Regards Vernam, he's not a No 9.  He never really looked like a centre forward when he was here, his best work came from the left hand side of attack.  If he was offered to us in that position, I'd drive him back here myself.  As a central striker, I'll pass.  As pointed out though, he ended the season well and imagine he's got bigger suitors lined up...although he's another who is local and by all accounts has desires to remain local.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
Rodley Mariner
June 9, 2022, 10:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I think he'd be a strong addition as someone who could play off the left or potentially at 10 when McAtee wasn't available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
petethemariner
June 9, 2022, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Tom Eaves has been released by Hull, IMO he would be a great signing and would bag a hatfull in L2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
promotion plaice
June 9, 2022, 11:01am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Just read Vernam's wiki page  

"Vernam was attached to Scunthorpe United as a youth player. In 2012 he was given a six-day trial by Italian giants A.C. Milan, however this did not result in a contract offer and Vernam returned to Scunthorpe"

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
immariner
June 9, 2022, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from petethemariner
Tom Eaves has been released by Hull, IMO he would be a great signing and would bag a hatfull in L2

He'd be quality. He'll end up at Wednesday or similar I imagine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.