This thread currently has 3,023 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
FishySmithy
June 9, 2022, 10:41am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Back team no matter what cup were in, will be good to get game time for some squad players, and if we get far enough we’ll worth a trip to Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
immariner
June 9, 2022, 10:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from It Bites
The boycott failed as it was always going to . Just keep it positive for a season while we become an established League club again .

Being principled and being negative are not the same thing, far from it.

Boycott the U21 games 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
bedders78
June 9, 2022, 10:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 12
Nothing has changed, so I will still be boycotting it.  I hope our reserves enjoy some game time, but I can't consider it a 1st team competition.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Poojah
June 9, 2022, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,668
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from It Bites
The boycott failed as it was always going to . Just keep it positive for a season while we become an established League club again .

Did it though? I don't really care about the Papa John's or whatever soulless sponsor it has these days, the message is about telling the footballing authorities that fans would not tolerate under-23 or B-teams in the league system, something this was always a pre-cursor to.

For that reason I think it's vital that any boycott is maintained as vehemently as possible.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
louth_in_the_south
June 9, 2022, 1:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
The boycott succeeded didn’t it ?! Definitely on our behalf. 300 odd for the Sunderland game wasn’t it ?

Hopefully 1878 will support the fans on this one.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Marinerdan
June 9, 2022, 1:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GollyGTFC

There are rules, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t break them and just pay the fine.

So it’s true, Boris is a Town fan!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
acko338
June 9, 2022, 1:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Reserves, youth team chances, and fitness returns would make up what should be a competitive side for each game.

I do think that we need a more organised method this season for squad and non playing subs to get proper time in competitive games.

Does that competition count for any sending offs or booking suspensions that players acrue ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
headingly_mariner
June 9, 2022, 2:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Absolutely boycott the intercourse out of it. We cannot give that b team excrement an inch. It threatens our very existence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
crusty ole pie
June 9, 2022, 2:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
The boycott is an old argument with old owners let’s get behind the team in whatever comp they play in, if it goes against yout principles than quietly stay away don’t buy a ticket. I am loving the positivity around the place let’s keep the negative stuff away UTMX
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
immariner
June 9, 2022, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from crusty ole pie
The boycott is an old argument with old owners let’s get behind the team in whatever comp they play in, if it goes against yout principles than quietly stay away don’t buy a ticket. I am loving the positivity around the place let’s keep the negative stuff away UTMX

Nah i'll keep my principles for the good of the club and other lower league clubs. I'll find other ways to put the equivalent money in. Positive and negative doesn't come in to it because a boycott isn't against GTFC, at least not with the current custodians. They'll understand what it's about as I'm sure will the players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Major issue to be resolved

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.