7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
June 8, 2022, 12:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
loved watching all 3 on the magic moments, and like Giles Coke, felt that they deserved a thank you.
Think it's safe to say that none of the 3 can be assured of being here next year, but from what I've seen on and off the pitch they deserve a bit of luck, and a future in the game
Amos & Crocombe have improved no end, and seemed to have blossomed under Hurst (and from being given a decent run). I'm still not 100% certain about either but I am full of admiration for the way they have grasped the opportunity. The head says we need better if we are aiming for League 1 ,but the heart says they deserve a chance.
should say what  a story Max Crocombe is - have 2 friends who were gobsmacked to see him playing in goal for us, having played with him at Buckingham and Oxford City reserves! That shows some determination to achieve .
Amos really seems to have bought into Gy - seemed very tentative in approach and his first touch was awful in the early games i saw him, but the tackles he made on Sunday were those of  man possessed

Finally Mani - another one who has 'bought into the project' . has scored some vital goals , and seems so enthusiastic. I suspect his record (& age) shows he's a good level 5, average level 4 striker. Rumour that he will be signing for Oldham, and if so, that might be the best signing they make all summer. If he does i hope he turns out to be a new cult hero for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
kyan_goodrich04
June 8, 2022, 1:22am

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -238
Gold Stars: 5
I reckon we give them a proper chance

Attachment: download_525.jpg
Size: 6.53 KB

free the fife from here they chains!!!! rally the troops from the muck!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
Oly1987
June 8, 2022, 1:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Don't forget that Amos is only 22 so there's still room for improvement and a long career ahead of him. If he kicks on like he did this season we could have a good LB for years to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
chaos33
June 8, 2022, 5:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,975
Gold Stars: 361
I’d offer all three of those a new deal. They’ve done fantastically. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be looking for others in those positions though.

Somehow I’m not sure all three will be offered terms.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
aldi_01
June 8, 2022, 6:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
All three possibly deserve a deal but you’d imagine Amos would be the more likely. He’s apparently turned down a deal from another club already in the hope of staying at town. He clearly loves it here and definitely fits the Hurst mould…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
MuddyWaters
June 8, 2022, 6:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Mani, sadly, isn’t a L2 player. I expect PH to be ruthless enough not to spend budget on average players.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
Sandford1981
June 8, 2022, 7:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Mani, sadly, isn’t a L2 player. I expect PH to be ruthless enough not to spend budget on average players.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t get a deal but I would definitely keep him. His hold up play is very good which has been invaluable in getting us up the pitch when fatigue has set in over the last 3 games.
He has also scored some vital goals too. I honestly don’t see the difference between NL and FL2 or at least I don’t with the better teams let’s say.
I think he’d be a good asset and squad player over the course of a season.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
MuddyWaters
June 8, 2022, 7:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t get a deal but I would definitely keep him. His hold up play is very good which has been invaluable in getting us up the pitch when fatigue has set in over the last 3 games.
He has also scored some vital goals too. I honestly don’t see the difference between NL and FL2 or at least I don’t with the better teams let’s say.
I think he’d be a good asset and squad player over the course of a season.

He’s been released by every L2 club he’s played for. I know everyone’s a bit emotive at present but, in the cold light of day, we need better. Even the owners have gone on record to say that they want the squad to improve in every window.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
Sandford1981
June 8, 2022, 7:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He’s been released by every L2 club he’s played for. I know everyone’s a bit emotive at present but, in the cold light of day, we need better. Even the owners have gone on record to say that they want the squad to improve in every window.

You can keep him and still improve the squad. Although getting released is the nature of the beast at this level so I’m basing my decision purely on what’s he’s done under Hurst and there’s certainly no emotion attached to it.

If I were a betting man I’d say he’s more chance of being released as you would have it. I personally would not is all.

Do you think there is a difference between NL and FL2?

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
MuddyWaters
June 8, 2022, 8:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

You can keep him and still improve the squad. Although getting released is the nature of the beast at this level so I’m basing my decision purely on what’s he’s done under Hurst and there’s certainly no emotion attached to it.

If I were a betting man I’d say he’s more chance of being released as you would have it. I personally would not is all.

Do you think there is a difference between NL and FL2?

Probably not much difference between mid table L2 and top 8 in NL. The teams at the bottom of NL were cut adrift significantly last season and very early too.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mani, Amos and Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.