Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 212 Guests

Ok then , New Ground time

This thread currently has 31,061 views. Print
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 7, 2022, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

That sounds do-able without breaking the bank. Can you get covered temporary seating these days?

Isn’t what Bristol rovers have behind the goal at the away end temporary but been there for years

https://youtu.be/I9Uck8JF9b0

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 276
GollyGTFC
June 7, 2022, 9:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Isn’t what Bristol rovers have behind the goal at the away end temporary but been there for years

https://youtu.be/I9Uck8JF9b0

The seating stand behind the goal at Eastleigh is just a semi-permanent terrace built inside a roof and 3 walls of sheet metal.

[tweet]532505340412432384[/tweet]

We could do something with just the roof and back to go between the Main and Pontoon.

And like I said before, if it can be disassembled we could donate it to a non-league club when we’ve finished with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 276
bedders78
June 7, 2022, 9:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 12
Behind the goal at Wealdstone was a semi-permanent stand and pretty serviceable

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 276
ginnywings
June 7, 2022, 9:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
A new training facility is the priority at the moment. The ground is big enough for our needs at the moment I would think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 276
DaleH
June 7, 2022, 9:55am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
A new ground is not, I repeat, is not going to happen. And frankly I am delighted about that, because I love Blundell Park and the history around it.

But, what you will no doubt see, will be ground improvements, on the existing footprint, perhaps even including the rebuilding of the Main Stand and Osmond End.

Yes we know that parking is a nightmare at BP, but that has always been the case, even when we had significantly more fans than we do today.

I think that we have learned a very good lesson in recent months, that Blundell Park is fit for purpose and can be improved so so much. But perhaps more importantly, as the club makes improvements to BP, the real emphasis for improvement and the priority, should be for continual improvement in the way the club operates, engages with supporters and the wider community, and  the manner in which it supports the manager and his staff. That is what makes success, which we are already seeing even after a relatively short period of time.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 276
Kris2
June 7, 2022, 9:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Improvement to training facilities and structure must be the priority now to advance the club, we can't go backwards on that to become a Darlington with a huge arena we can't even fill while back in the NL because we spunked everything on it and didn't invest where we needed to in the facilities and the squad.

As exciting as a new shiny ground seems it doesn't make sense to me when we only fill up our current ground on special occasions, as soon as we have a losing run in the league the attendance drops a ton too so we only get 3-4k, people will only show up when we are winning. That won't happen if we are skint and investing all money into new ground pipe dreams that don't go anywhere like the previous regime or in a 10,000-20,000 white elephant.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 276
Poojah
June 7, 2022, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ginnywings
A new training facility is the priority at the moment. The ground is big enough for our needs at the moment I would think.

Football fans will always be fickle and ticket demand will always follow club trajectory and recent success, but in the here and now I don’t think it’s too fanciful to suggest we might clear 4,000 season tickets next season, possibly for the first time ever.

I would expect away followings to average around 600 - 800, meaning individual match tickets could well be in short supply if we kick-on and have a good season (which I believe we will).

If the club continues to build on the interest and positivity surrounding GTFC I do see a time in the not too distant future whereby BP is too small. I agree there are other priorities right now, but it would surprise me if there wasn’t at least one eye on relocation, no matter what the owners say publicly.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 276
HerveJosse
June 7, 2022, 10:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
I just don’t get it’s not needed because we don’t fill Blundell Park classic case of cause and effect the wrong way round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 276
GYinScuntland
June 7, 2022, 10:06am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Relocate the police, bulldoze the box and three good empty corners for someone to put a bit of thought into.
A new ground has been talked about for a quarter of a century now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 276
ginnywings
June 7, 2022, 10:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

Football fans will always be fickle and ticket demand will always follow club trajectory and recent success, but in the here and now I don’t think it’s too fanciful to suggest we might clear 4,000 season tickets next season, possibly for the first time ever.

I would expect away followings to average around 600 - 800, meaning individual match tickets could well be in short supply if we kick-on and have a good season (which I believe we will).

If the club continues to build on the interest and positivity surrounding GTFC I do see a time in the not too distant future whereby BP is too small. I agree there are other priorities right now, but it would surprise me if there wasn’t at least one eye on relocation, no matter what the owners say publicly.

Agreed.

Establishing a team with better training facilities and a good youth set up is what we need right now and if success continues on the pitch, which I think it will , then we can look at the ground situation down the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 276
28 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ok then , New Ground time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.