5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
wuffing
June 5, 2022, 8:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
from London Park. Wow.......... what a week. Lucky enough to be at all three where lightning struck in them all. Overcome with emotion with our support. Amazing. Cried lots. How lucky am I to be born in GRIMSBY. Love you all...

Wuffing

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Timsky
June 5, 2022, 9:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Back in Northampton at 8
Decent drive down and overall a good stadium that

Wow what actually just happened??!!

Quite shocked really at what I just witnessed - an incredible fighting spirit yet again
3 x 120 mins in a row is something special

What a team
What a season
What a remarkable play off campaign

I love this Club

UP THE FLIPPING MARINERS

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
TAGG
June 5, 2022, 9:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Still in London, missed the train, still on the ale  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
Limerick Mariner
June 5, 2022, 9:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Magnificent day, outstanding from Hurst - gets it just right again- and the players - how do they do it? I’m mentally exhausted but euphoric at the same time. How the feck they did ET again like that - I don’t know.

Shite stadium, but our amazing fans meant it didn’t matter. And there must have been 15k not 13k so not sure what happened there - was there a late rush.

One good thing about that venue though is Hackney Wick - 10 mins away - loved the bars and vibe in Queens Yard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Yossarian
June 5, 2022, 10:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

One good thing about that venue though is Hackney Wick - 10 mins away - loved the bars and vibe in Queens Yard.

100% agree - probably the best pre-match i've had - great bars....really welcoming.....  I live just across the river but have never ventured that way.  Will be checking it out in the future....   really good vibe.  Made up for the stadium.  Having said that..... (controversal statement coming)... I thought it was good they didn't have seats behind the goals.  Worked much better than I thought with the layout..... but was surprised how many town fans were on "the other side" (we were in Block 238 opposite tunnel.  A huge amount of town fans on the opposite side.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
DB
June 5, 2022, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Just back, had a brilliant day thanks to Hursty and the team.What can you say about a never say die attitude, absolutely fantastic. Met up with Kingston Mariner at half time and I think my optimism was slightly more than his and we got the result we wanted.

Thank you Town for a great season and may we prosper again in the next season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
MuddyWaters
June 5, 2022, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Just back, had the most fantastic weekend. Credit Solihull too, they’ve come a long way very quickly and Neal Ardley is a decent man.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Ashby mariner
June 5, 2022, 10:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Just back to gy. Brilliant day lucky to be at all 3 play off games. Feel like I need a rest from footy for a few weeks it's emotionally draining, so can't imagine how the players feel. This season taking my son to 14 away games and only seeing 2 defeats has been brilliant aswell has the home games. To me it's memories like this season that will stay forever seeing a team to be proud of and players who care again, but also memories I will cherish forever spending time with him supporting our local club. That's what footballs about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
TAGG
June 5, 2022, 10:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from TAGG
Still in London, missed the train, still on the ale  

On the train now booooooooo

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
Roast Em Bobby
June 5, 2022, 10:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Also, just back. Can only echo what has been said above. Amazing day, amazing fans, team, management & owners. Absolutely buzzing!

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just returning

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.