This thread currently has 2,209 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
June 5, 2022, 8:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
A lot of people who were absent for today's win who would have been absolutely delighted, not least Swin. It was a privilege to observe our season climax and glorious success. Just sad that they couldn't be there too.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
DB
June 5, 2022, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
There are many fallen Mariners, including my father, who will be looking down with a smile on their faces. Thank you all for your past support.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Mariner_09
June 5, 2022, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
My Grandad, a lifelong Mariner, died in January. However, his demise seemingly prompted our reversal of fortunes. We lost at Wrexham the Tuesday afterwards but then got into very good form and obviously won the playoffs. Thank you Grandad

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 6, 2022, 8:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
My old man was a regular in the old barrett’s stand along with his brother. Both have unfortunately passed away but I’d like to think both were having a drop of the good stuff up there

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
jonnyboy82
June 6, 2022, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
My little sister taken in the pandemic would have been by my side yesterday,  i cried in happiness but also sadness knowing she wasn't there taking the urine out of me like she would have all day.

I miss her sooo much taken at 28 years old.  Yesterday was for her and all the fallen mariners.

Thanks paul, I love you amy and GTFC.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
louth_in_the_south
June 6, 2022, 10:25am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
That one was for you Dibber 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
ponnyfan
June 6, 2022, 12:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Trumpeter Rich Broadley and Matty Dawson…. This one’s for you Lads 👍

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
cmackenzie4
June 6, 2022, 12:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jonnyboy82
My little sister taken in the pandemic would have been by my side yesterday,  i cried in happiness but also sadness knowing she wasn't there taking the urine out of me like she would have all day.

I miss her sooo much taken at 28 years old.  Yesterday was for her and all the fallen mariners.

Thanks paul, I love you amy and GTFC.

That’s brilliant mate, it must have been very emotional for you Johnny 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Hants.Mariner
June 6, 2022, 2:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 1
My uncle died in February. I met my cousins at half-time and they had brought with them his picture to bring us luck.

Thank you uncle we made you proud.

The world weighs on my shoulders
But what am I to do
You sometimes drive me crazy
But I worry about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire
June 6, 2022, 3:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +244
Gold Stars: 17
My wonderful, wonderful father in law of 20 years, again sadly taken too soon through covid.

Although not strictly a Town fan (he was West Ham), I dragged him to enough NL sh1te holes for us to be his second team.

He would have been there yesterday with the rest of us (his family).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
sonofmadeleymariner
June 6, 2022, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Lost my Grandad just before the season started, he was desperate to watch the games during covid so I built him a computer and he learnt how to use a computer to watch the games, fortunatly for him my cousin was there to help him out. Whilst I wasn't able to go yesterday my cousin was with his shirt

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Davec
June 6, 2022, 4:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Ipswin would have been delighted at yesterday, although I dare say he would also have been telling us how Hurst should still be sacked!

Also Ron Rafferty Fan club we lost not so long ago, I also seen to remember losing Jock Dock Tower during covid.

Those 3, and everybody else taken would have all been there in spirit yesterday!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
barralad
June 6, 2022, 5:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Davec
Ipswin would have been delighted at yesterday, although I dare say he would also have been telling us how Hurst should still be sacked!

Also Ron Rafferty Fan club we lost not so long ago, I also seen to remember losing Jock Dock Tower during covid.

Those 3, and everybody else taken would have all been there in spirit yesterday!

Jock would have had a proper "If Carlsberg did football weekends..."  Town winning Sunday and The Talbot won the Scottish Junior Cup on Saturday.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
buckstown
June 6, 2022, 6:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
My amazing brother in law Phil Mansfield would have been there for sure yesterday. Always  mariner and a top man
RIP old son
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
SouthLakesMariner
June 6, 2022, 10:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
My Mum, a lifelong Mariner passed away in 2014 and sadly didn’t get to see us get back into the League. I can remember driving home from Wembley in 2016 and Van Morrison’s ‘Days Like This’ came on the radio. Now every time I hear that song I play out the montage I would have created in her memory and for that day if only I had the technical know how. I thought about my Mum a lot yesterday who was there in spirit and despite the joy of yesterday’s match, the biggest smile on my face happened driving home to the North West last night when ‘Day’s Like This’ came on the radio again - now I have two mental montages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fallen Mariners

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.